Labour Leadership - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour Leadership

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did well at PMQ's.

It was very refreshing. Needs to balance the crowd sourced questions as it didn't allow for follow up to pressure Cameron, but it is an excellent idea to be tweaked.

DUP are utterly horrible bastards using NI victims to point score.

Corbyn's shadow cabinet

CPCkdfxWsAAK_dS.jpg

And the bottom line Ladies and Gentlemen is that they are always going to vote in favour of English interests. As someone who is closer to Corbyn than his predecessor I wish him well. I hope he has platform to tackle this ideological assault on the welfare state and to make a case for a fairer Britain but Scotland the only real answer is to get out of this failed union.

Impressed with Jez today. Needs to think how he will approach future PMQ's though. Sooner or later he will have to engage on policy and substance.

I think it was a clever move by him to prevent any kind of attack from Cameron back at him. Cameron couldnt get blow landed as he was effectively responding to members of the public. Clear damage limitation exercise yesterday by Corbyn. His first one was always going to be the most high profile, any theme of him being beaten by Cameron would have given more credence to the section of the party not happy with his appointment.

You voted Yes (sic)

You should detest Labour more (for numerous other reasons as well)

I detest Scottish Labour for pandering to the middle classes and being a disgrace to the movement... The fact they campaigned for a No vote doesn't come into my mind.

How can anyone not have known there was a referendum going on? Beyond belief.

Someone's playing silly buggers. It says that of John McDonnell and yet I was at a CPB event that he spoke at on the subject.

Edit: It also says Tom Watson said nothing on it, which is a bit of a disservice to him. He refused to campaign for No.

Edited by Scunnered

And normal service was resumed by cretinous Labour members in the Commons today ..........

Andy McDonald, Stephen Kinnock, Stephen Doughty and Tom Blenkinsop (the latter is a really nasty piece of work) make repeated childish attacks on the SNP purely because the Scottish government did not pay heavily through the nose for Teeside steel to make the new Forth roadbridge.

Constantly heckled Margaret Ferrier and Patricia Gibson during their speeches (despite Ferrier having helped bring about the very debate they were having)

The fun and games start half way down the page. Can watch it on parliament tv too.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/hansard/commons/todays-commons-debates/read/unknown/411/

I do like Corbyn and McDonnell but their party is packed with pricks such as Blenkinsop and Doughty. They will never have my vote.

I wont even address the point that having nuclear weapons makes us safer as it's ludicrous not only against the threats we face at the moment but also because it's the end of us all if they are ever used.

However id wager that it's more than likely that Corbyn will backtrack on that also and have a minimalist nuclear deterrant - but thats just my opinion.

Like curtains when they get close to Mike Watson

I am on fire

Edited by Ally Bongo

I must be getting slow in my old age - never knew Corbyn was married to Diane Abbot.

He wasn't. They did pump a few times though...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/corbyn-abbott-affair-was-magnificently-70s-20150918102060

He has been married three times. Seems to be fond of exotic young ladies, I'm sure the press are keeping their powder dry on that one...

Edited by Toepoke