Another Negative Post - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Another Negative Post

deso1

Not really complaining (just think its quite funny).

Ticket prices.....too expensive (considering we never qualify) and the matchday experience gets ruined by darts etc

programme.....no value

matchday travel.......other countries(like Poland) provide subsidised travel etc............nearly impossible for us to even get home the same day.... not to mention parking.

Food/drink............unbelievable prices

but the thing that makes me smile......

WALKERS GRAB BAG............£3.50!!!!!

cheers me up.

At least I do think we'll have another 2 competitive home games this year to experience the value above.

Naw I agree with the initial caller. If we were treated as customers rather than loyal supporters the customer complaints department for the transport systems, catering, welfare and stadium would be swamped with complaints. I remember after the Wales game, this board was awash with stories, because the bad weather and result had made it feel worse. After the first day of the Commonweath Games, they got the transport right. Where was the Park n Ride last night? Why were the traffic lights not synchronised to favour the traffic heading into town. As for the catering, give the Franchise to Greggs, for all the stadiums in Scotland.

I've been a good few trips with Scotland and we must rank as one of the worst experiences on game day, apart from Stadium atmosphere. Abroad the transport is free, so no queuing for tickets.

I know, nobody forces me to go and to be honest I've given a lot of the home games a miss because it's shite service, and I live in the West of Scotland.

Wonder how much a packet of crisps is at a David Guetta gig

I hear you can buy sweeties for a fiver!

:lol:

I agree with the original post that the ticket prices are a bit high, but I felt that Monday night's was probably the one game that could justify the price tag. My ticket was £35, paid £40 for Georgia (for a slightly better seat admittedly).

If I was the SFA I'd probably have a 2-3 tier policy.

1. Competitive games against good teams

2. Competitive games against weaker teams

3. Friendlies

sbcmfc, on 09 Sept 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

3. Friendlies

An SFA Man reading that is thinking:

1. Up the prices for the big games

2. Prices remain as is for shitey games (£42 for Gibraltar)

3. Friendlies - keep them as dear as an SPFL Premiership game.

You're probably right.

The prices for these qualifiers should be the absolute top end!

Wouldn't surprise me though if they tried to stick another couple of pounds on for the play off if we were to get there.

At the moment we are playing Top end EPL prices to watch a team of mid table championship players.

Edited by sbcmfc

It's hard to motivate yourself to remain a loyal attender of games, when the SFA act the way they do. I can take the the price (which is high to justify to the wife, or would be nice to see where it goes) or the current success rate (as I've never known any better and I love watching Scotland no matter what). It's hard because it's too difficult to attend games without taking holidays from work. It's not hard for the SFA to fix, I remember the commonwealth was fantastic to get to.

Also, last night was the best match day experience I've seen at Hampden in a while, where they have tried to raise the atmosphere, but besides that, it's all adverts and Rory the ing lion on a motorbike selling crap. This was the first half time in a -long- time, that I didn't question the point of sacrificing one or two days for a home game that I could much easier watch from home. But one out of how many home games in the last how many years...

I hear you can buy sweeties for a fiver!

I agree with the original post that the ticket prices are a bit high, but I felt that Monday night's was probably the one game that could justify the price tag. My ticket was £35, paid £40 for Georgia (for a slightly better seat admittedly).

3. Friendlies

Just out of interest, would Georgia be a 'good team' or a 'weaker team'?

Just out of interest, would Georgia be a 'good team' or a 'weaker team'?

I'd have Georgia in the weaker category.

Ireland and Poland would probably sneak in my cat 1 due to them being the competition.

I don't think you can compare watching Georgia to watching Germany, and don't think you can compare either to a David Guetta concert.

Somebody probably has the stats to hand, but over the last 8-10 years would I be right in saying the prices for the qualifiers have more than doubled?

I'm sure they've gone from just under £20 to just over £40 for the North stand in that time?

Wouldn't buy the food in there, it's is shite for the price they are asking. Saw some lad next to me produce a much nicer looking pie wrapped in foil from his pocket at half time, that is the right idea!

Somebody probably has the stats to hand, but over the last 8-10 years would I be right in saying the prices for the qualifiers have more than doubled?

I'm sure they've gone from just under £20 to just over £40 for the North stand in that time?

The issue with the North Stand pricing has been made worse this campaign with the decision to bracket the North Stand the same as the South. The South always used to be that little bit dearer, but now there is no difference.

Used to be a case for there being better facilities in the South as it was newer, but they can argue that the facilities in the North are on a par now. The real reason, as far as i'm concerned, is they know it's the most popular and they can charge extra and folk will still pay it.

The half time entertainment was gash. Karaoke wi des clarke, woopdy f'ing do. While we are all having a moan, travelling from edinburgh was a nightmare on monday. I know there was an incident between j6 and 8. But even then, we just never got moving at all. Took us nearly 2 hours from joining the m8 to get to hampden. And even going home, there was roadworks that we were stuck in for a wee while. I know they need done at some point, but them coupled with the situation we are left in, just got on ma goat.

Edited by daddybuc16

40,000 empty seats v Georgia and Gibraltar suggests otherwise. Even the England game didn't sell out...

Whilst I accept that, bottom line is the chance was there to really hit the $FA where it hurts when the season tickets went on sale and force them to change the prices. Instead, 8000 bought season tickets. Still a sticky issue for me.

I love a good moan.

I went up to get something to eat just before we equalised for the second time, so a wee bit before half time.

'Can I have a hot dog please?'

'Nane left'

'What a steak pie then?'

'Nane left'

Ended up with chips drier than an arabs flip flop, then washed down by the aforementioned 'bowfin' coca cola.

Moan over.

Should have learnt my lesson by now, steak pie £2.50 = ok reasonable, but it wis stuck to the foil....mean bits of pie all over the shop...least it was hot... but what gets right on my goat, tea/bovril etc is about £1.50 - for a f'n tea bag and hot water...really.... might be more but i remembered no to buy it this time..

Program £5...

ticket prices.... saving a wee bit o money getting the section right next to north stand....

HT/pre match entertainment... all f'n adverts now..and the quiz BS...aaarrggghhh..

:banghead: