Disgrace - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgrace

scoobydoo

since 2007 in euro qualifying Georgia have won 5 games, 2 against us

they are not passing us by

we are just gutless

That might be the case. But what do we have to show for being a supposedly superior team? By all accounts, they've made us look very poor and while there's no doubting Strachan is getting the best out of the players (tonight excepted), I don't really think we've been as good as we think we've been. Look at the squad... I mean really look at it. Average at best.

Hanley, Whittaker, Hutton, Fletcher, Thumb... Gracing a major championship? We'd obviously lap it up like we'd won the thing before it started, but it would be the stuff of nightmares too. I can't say with any confidence that we wouldn't buckle badly while on the other hand, I could see an evolving nation revel in that platform.

Were a complex nation and I'm tired waiting on us getting to grips with it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might be the case. But what do we have to show for being a supposedly superior team? By all accounts, they've made us look very poor and while there's no doubting Strachan is getting the best out of the players (tonight excepted), I don't really think we've been as good as we think we've been. Look at the squad... I mean really look at it. Average at best.

Hanley, Whittaker, Hutton, Fletcher, Thumb... Gracing a major championship? We'd obviously lap it up like we'd won the thing before it started, but it would be the stuff of nightmares too. I can't say with any confidence that we wouldn't buckle badly while on the other hand, I could see an evolving nation revel in that platform.

Were a complex nation and I'm tired waiting on us getting to grips with it.

who's in the Northern Ireland squad

Have just noticed that in first half when Robertson puts a peach of a ball in the middle then Steven Fletcher again goes for it with his left when the ball is coming from the left and surely should be going for it with his right. he did this against Ireland and England as well...

Niall Quinn mentioned that at HT. Go for that with your right, gives you an extra inch or two in reach as you reach the ball just that little bit later....and its a goal.

I flew up from Birmingham airport just after the game finished for a security guy to ask if it finished 1-0 to Georgia. When I said yes he laughed and told his mates.....couldn't wait to get on the flight ohh and put on my hoody over my ssc tshirt. Feel so sorry for those that went. However first real setback under strachan and a win or draw on Monday keeps us in it. Does feel like we've thrown away chance to be 2nd or best 3rd place though and even with good results from now on a play off defeat / close but no cigar looms. Like many it all suddenly seems very familiar.....I still fancy a sneaky 1-0 win over Germany on Monday though....and I've not even had a drink!

Surprised no one has mentioned the 30 degree heat. Get over it man. We lost. But let's get real. We are not world beaters and don't think we will ever be. The psyche ain't there. But one things for sure our nation will be known throughout the world and those of us that follow our team make sure Scotland is known as one of the friendliest nations in the world. We are the ambassadors and that's what makes following our National team so special. Win lose or draw.

Cheer up ffs. We always play better against the top teams. Bet we'll at least get a draw against the world champions. They had emre can at right back...anyas gonna tear him a new one....

I flew up from Birmingham airport just after the game finished for a security guy to ask if it finished 1-0 to Georgia. When I said yes he laughed and told his mates.....couldn't wait to get on the flight ohh and put on my hoody over my ssc tshirt. Feel so sorry for those that went. However first real setback under strachan and a win or draw on Monday keeps us in it. Does feel like we've thrown away chance to be 2nd or best 3rd place though and even with good results from now on a play off defeat / close but no cigar looms. Like many it all suddenly seems very familiar.....I still fancy a sneaky 1-0 win over Germany on Monday though....and I've not even had a drink!

Same here. Not getting carried away here but i reckon we'll get something on Monday. Terrible result tonight. Roll on Monday. Cannot wait. :cheers3:

Niall Quinn mentioned that at HT. Go for that with your right, gives you an extra inch or two in reach as you reach the ball just that little bit later....and its a goal.

he's the striker that can't score

we knew that but he's good at bringing others into the game like Maloney and Naismith who we've been relying on to score

none of which have been doing so lately as they haven't even been playing for their clubs

In fairness.... saying that 'neither have Poland' doesn't really add up when you then follow it by saying that they comfortably beat Georgia away (0-4) in the type of games that qualifying teams simply need to win - and beat the World Champions.

It does when I said 'apart from'.......also - they actually played much better tonight in defeat than they did winning in Warsaw. Germany had one of those nights - I think it was 30 shots for the Germans and 6 for Poland......or close to that. Watch Poland's second half in Ireland too - they are clearly capable of slick attacks, but can be pretty woeful too.....sound familiar? They DO have a Lewandowski though! They kept it 0-0 in Georgia then scored first in the second half - I think in that position maybe even an average Scotland would have taken care of business. That one goal tonight.....one lapse killed it for us.

They haven't really done 'anything wonderful' which was what I replied too......of course, we the fans would take it and think beating the world champs was wonderful even if it was a backs to the wall win......let's hope!

Don't think i have been so disappointed,so many poor performances, on such a important night,have been to 90% of home games since mid 80s and at least a couple of dozen brilliant away trips including France 98, sitting on seven points with supporters club don't think any of the young guys will see a big tournament,, take one look at the teams in third place in other groups ,,,think that's me finished, including the money I'm out of pocket for faro

No it's not an overreaction

We, as in the supporters, are the laughing stock

Any other club or country with our record would by now have hardly any support and the people would have chosen something else as their national game

But no - we continue to be the most loyal international fans in world football with fuk all to show for it apart from being the most ripped off following the most insipid, unambitious rulers of the game

We give everything but all we get back is egg on our faces year after year

A totally futile waste of energy and emotion

Nothing will ever change

How Regan must have laughed when we drew England and all those mugs that were there at Hampden cheered and roared like imbeciles

I get your point, but that's hardly reason IMO to say we are the laughing stock of the world.

I disagree with that.

We had a shocker of a performance, granted, and tensions are very high with shirt fuses added to fuel it further...but...it's a setback at the end of the day and we can all make excuses and blame the world but it's no gonna make any difference.

We were let down by bad tactics and subs by WGS and the players performance, attitude, effort etc from the players.

Things do need to change at the SFA but God knows how that will happen.

Surprised no one has mentioned the 30 degree heat. Get over it man. We lost. But let's get real. We are not world beaters and don't think we will ever be. The psyche ain't there. But one things for sure our nation will be known throughout the world and those of us that follow our team make sure Scotland is known as one of the friendliest nations in the world. We are the ambassadors and that's what makes following our National team so special. Win lose or draw.

the attitude of a loser right there

the only thing that matters is winning

Fletcher is pish. End of. Flatters to deceive at best. In my opinion, we're not good enough to carry lazy players and he's a lazy player. If we're going to accept someone who's good at bringing others into the game, we might as well play a centre midfielder up front. A striker has to do one of two things... Score goals or put defenders under pressure. Fletcher does neither. The responsibility for others getting into the game lies with the midfield getting up to help him quicker.

We're just embarrassing. A nation with serious psychological problems. Chip on our shoulder, struggling to make our way in the world, more so compared with any newer, developing nations in the sport. We look down at the likes of Georgia when in reality they're passing us by in terms of confidence, technique and stature. The world is passing us by and all we can do is be angry and bitter about it. Depressing.

Not that anyone will care, but I'd actually like to watch highlights tonight as I missed game, and lo and behold, we can't even seem to show any highlights of our national team, playing the national sport. What the f*** is wrong with us?! If Scotland was a human being, we'd be in counselling.

Surely other countries aren't like this?

Take a bow, son, take a bow.

Just copy-pasted it on to a group chat (I hope you don't mind).

Fletcher is pish. End of. Flatters to deceive at best. In my opinion, we're not good enough to carry lazy players and he's a lazy player. If we're going to accept someone who's good at bringing others into the game, we might as well play a centre midfielder up front. A striker has to do one of two things... Score goals or put defenders under pressure. Fletcher does neither. The responsibility for others getting into the game lies with the midfield getting up to help him quicker.

Spot on, have shared also.

I get your point, but that's hardly reason IMO to say we are the laughing stock of the world.

I disagree with that.

We had a shocker of a performance, granted, and tensions are very high with shirt fuses added to fuel it further...but...it's a setback at the end of the day and we can all make excuses and blame the world but it's no gonna make any difference.

We were let down by bad tactics and subs by WGS and the players performance, attitude, effort etc from the players.

Things do need to change at the SFA but God knows how that will happen.

It's not just tonight though mate is it

We could catalogue a whole load of qualifying and finals tournament nightmares that Kay's wouldnt beat since ive been on this planet

Tonight is just another to add to the list which will grow, not lessen, till i leave it