Disgrace - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Disgrace

scoobydoo

We lost a difficult away game- not really a disgrace, just disappointing. We're a reasonably good side full of lower table Premiership and Championship players.

Anyone who thought we were able to go to Eastern Europe and expect to win was deluded.

This sums up why why we'll never qualify

Nation of losers and apologists who'll accept mediocrity.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolute shambles that was. Against a very mediocre Georgia side. They scored a good goal not much complaints about it, however the fact that all we could muster up was a couple of balls put into the box for Steven Fletcher to attempt to get his head on was so frustrating to watch. If that was the game plan then start Griffiths, someone with proven heading ability. After such a positive vibe towards this country's national team, it looks like we're back to square one again. Let's hope for a miracle on Monday against Germany but after tonight's antics I can only see it going one way.

What an absolute shambles that was. Against a very mediocre Georgia side. They scored a good goal not much complaints about it, however the fact that all we could muster up was a couple of balls put into the box for Steven Fletcher to attempt to get his head on was so frustrating to watch. If that was the game plan then start Griffiths, someone with proven heading ability. After such a positive vibe towards this country's national team, it looks like we're back to square one again. Let's hope for a miracle on Monday against Germany but after tonight's antics I can only see it going one way.

didn't think the centre halves dealt well with the goal at all

didn't clear with initial header then allowed the boy to pull the ball down and get a shot in

It was the complete lack of urgency for the full 90 minutes that was most galling. Lost count of the number of times Brown and Morrison would take 3,4,5 touches to pass the ball sideways.

We took ages over free kicks, throw ins, always letting them back into position.

The goal we lost was ridiculous. For a wee guy like that to pull the ball down (not even well, it bounced twice before he sclaffed it) with three Scotland players watching him do it in a game that meant so much is criminal.

Fact is we've lost to the team ranked 147 in the world without having a shot on target in the process. For Brown to come out and say we were unlucky is deluded.

Seen some stinkers but that has to rank up there with some of the worst, if not the worst, given the magnitude of the game and the fact we'd put ourselves in a strong position coming into it.

Absolutely guff

That result was coming our way. Not one single player came good last night. they should be ashamed. As much as strachan has rejuvenated the form of the team, he has made wrong decisions in last few games re selection. Against Gibraltar he didnt play enough defenders. In Dublin, no anya but he played Forsyth and Ritchie and took too long to rectify it. Last night, we had no striker and were relying on midfielders to flood in whilst a poor fletcher kept falling on his arse and failing to do the basics. The thumb is on fire and would have at least had a shot on goal. Strachan again took too long to fix it. James Forrest was shocking when he came on and could only run the ball put of the park. Germany will destroy us on monday. So will Poland. We are out of it now. I can't see it any other way. This group is too tight to make mistakes like last night.

This WAS a disgrace, no doubt about it.

Georgia are mediocre (as are we) and if we are EVER to qualify for a major finals again then we HAVE to be winning this type of game ... so late on in the campaign ... after we have put ourselves in position to qualify.

The fact is that our home performances against Germany and Poland will be 100 TIMES better than the drivel we served up last night.

Why will this be the case? Lack of travel, heat and unfamiliar surroundings? NONSENSE. It will be because we will be UP for these games a) because of the quality of the opposition and B) because we have "nothing to lose".

Why do we now have "nothing to lose"? Because we just lost a critical match at a critical stage of the campaign ... and our performance was DIRE to boot.

We don't learn our lessons ... Georgia away in 2007 anyone?

I can handle losing, but the manner in which we lost night was APALLING ... not least the bile that both WGS and SB spouted in the post match interviews.

WGS needs to sort out his team selection pronto ... and start selecting people who are on form / scoring goals.

/rant

Am speechless after that. Hideous absolutely hideous from start to finish. Are we affectively in a false position? That's what it feels like

Georgia certainly are and I said as much even before the game. They are not a great side but they are certainly no diddies who we should have expected to cuff without breaking sweat, and they showed as much last night. Yes, Ireland won over there but they toiled to do so. A lot of our pre-match optimism was misplaced.

But are we in a false position? I don't know. We appeared to have turned a corner after Croatia away in the last campaign, i.e. we actually managed to win a game, and there have been enough decent results since then to suggest something more than a team which is simply been punching above its weight. Certainly, up until last night every result in the group had gone the way I realistically hoped it would.

I think the we'll be able to tell how good our team really is by the way it responds over the remaining three games. All is not lost but we have made it a hell of a lot tougher on ourselves.

Aye i think tonight was our only BAD competitive performance under Strachan . its not over yet ... 3 points v GIB + , 3 V Poland.. 1 ? mibee at home to Germany... we will be fine... Third Minimum.

Wales at home was pretty atrocious - they won comfortably even without their golden boy.

I have to be honest though, last night's result hurts a hell of lot more than I thought it might. :(

Edited by scotlad

We were pitiful. Infuriatingly awful. An inferiority complex resulting in negative tactics and a mind-numbing team selection. Charlie Mulgrew and James Forrest are shite and I don't 'get' the James Morrison thing. Anya too was pish. Truly an appalling display and for Strachan to be upbeat is a joke.

We've blown it.

Woke up to the fact i most probably wont ever get to watch my country in a major competition. Missed out on previous tourneys cos i had a young family and couldn't afford it but now i can we're just too piss poor.We need another 9 pts to have any chance of qualifying but that won't happen. Biggest thing is the manner of the defeat, no hard luck stories, no numb nut ref, just players who are not good enough. Gutted but i'll still be there on monday hoping a miracle can happen :(

Scotland are going to get beat in games, we all realise that. It was the manner of the defeat in what was an incredibly important game that has pissed me off so much. That and the response of strachan and broon.

at least last night the booze numbed it a bit but now, christ I'm even more bitter than usual.

It was the complete lack of urgency for the full 90 minutes that was most galling. Lost count of the number of times Brown and Morrison would take 3,4,5 touches to pass the ball sideways.

We took ages over free kicks, throw ins, always letting them back into position.

The goal we lost was ridiculous. For a wee guy like that to pull the ball down (not even well, it bounced twice before he sclaffed it) with three Scotland players watching him do it in a game that meant so much is criminal.

Fact is we've lost to the team ranked 147 in the world without having a shot on target in the process. For Brown to come out and say we were unlucky is deluded.

Seen some stinkers but that has to rank up there with some of the worst, if not the worst, given the magnitude of the game and the fact we'd put ourselves in a strong position coming into it.

Absolutely guff

Agree with all the above, why is Morrison always picked? He's average at best and I cannot think of a single outstanding game he's played for us!

Absolutely guff

Spot on with this. It was Georgia Ffs not Brazil.

Shocking performance