Match Thread - Georgia (A) - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match Thread - Georgia (A)

Clyde1998

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Naismith is rank, and it wouldn't bother me if he played for Scotland again, and as for Anya , he doesn't do much

Harsh on Naismith, think its down just simply not being match sharp. Shouldnt have been near the team tonight. As someone else said, too many players picked who are out of form. McArthur, Darren Fletcher both playing every week currently and would have done better job in middle of park.

The way I see it is that we can't adopt an attacking style of play to any great degree. We built the foundations with Strachan having us play a counter-attacking style of game. It works fine enough when playing a team actively seeking goals. However, Georgia are a counter-attacking side themselves so sit in and we just had no real motive or plan to counter that. They cancelled us out and as counter-attack is the style they have played for years they deployed it to a better degree whilst we were evidently without a plan. That needs addressed.

Fecking utterly pathetic losing to this lot, ranked 147 in the world, below Luxembourg, St Lucia, Bermuda, Kuwait, Philippines, Faroes, St Kitts etc etc, embarrassing :-)

The football world rankings are a joke and always have been. It was never going to be an easy game tonight, particularly looking at the club sides the Georgia squad were picked from and the performance of Scottish clubs in Europe. I would have been happy with a point before the match.

The football world rankings are a joke and always have been. It was never going to be an easy game tonight, particularly looking at the club sides the Georgia squad were picked from and the performance of Scottish clubs in Europe. I would have been happy with a point before the match.

Rankings may well be b0llocks, but to say you would be happy with a draw against Georgia is utter b0llocks also. Poland hammered them 4-0 there FFS.

sideways, anterior is forward and posterior is back

I could use a few more words for the passing tonight but none of them would really be appropriate !

Never mind the crossing, the passion, the.....everything was crap. Everything.

Sadly there were a few posteriors on the pitch tonight.

I'm pure raging !

Getting angrier by the minute, especially flicking between both Germany/Poland and Gibraltar/RoI matches.

We really had a chance and a win tonight would have gave us a massive lift for the next 3 games.

The belief has been severely battered because of the misery gained from a truly woeful performance.

Edited by jock strap

When I heard the team I thought fair enough all be it a bit too attack minded. Would have had Whittaker, mcarthur and maybe Gordon in instead of Robertson Morrison and Marshall. Then the game started and no matter the heat, pitch, opposition we should have been able to create chances and have a few shots......very very poor and strachan got his substitutions wrong big time. Not sure how Hanley Forrest and griffiths were going to get us a goal. Hutton has played his best for us when not playing at villa but Whittaker and mcarthur have both started the season well in the premiership so should have started. Do worry that WGS has started believing his own hype a bit and trying to be too clever. The formation at home to gibralter, dropping Anya in Dublin and line up and subs tonight. Having said that one bad result doesn't end the campaign.....a defeat on Monday would.......

When I heard the team I thought fair enough all be it a bit too attack minded. Would have had Whittaker, mcarthur and maybe Gordon in instead of Robertson Morrison and Marshall. Then the game started and no matter the heat, pitch, opposition we should have been able to create chances and have a few shots......very very poor and strachan got his substitutions wrong big time. Not sure how Hanley Forrest and griffiths were going to get us a goal. Hutton has played his best for us when not playing at villa but Whittaker and mcarthur have both started the season well in the premiership so should have started. Do worry that WGS has started believing his own hype a bit and trying to be too clever. The formation at home to gibralter, dropping Anya in Dublin and line up and subs tonight. Having said that one bad result doesn't end the campaign.....a defeat on Monday would.......

Good post :ok:

Abject performance all round, pedestrian like, no movement, no pace, no crossing of any quality, non technical quality ( they were superior technically) and got what we deserved. Unlikely to finish in the top three now.

Our players are simply not good enough, just look at where they play and our domestic results in Europe. We are miles behind most of Europe and technically must be one of the poorest sides around.

Like Strachan and not in any way calling for his head, but he has to look at himself for recent results, and possibly more importantly performances.

Edited by Boynze

Abject performance all round, pedestrian like, no movement, no pace, no crossing of any quality, non technical quality ( they were superior technically) and got what we deserved. Unlikely to finish in the top three now.

Our players are simply not good enough, just look at where they play and our domestic results in Europe. We are miles behind most of Europe and technically must be one of the poorest sides around.

Like Strachan and not in any way calling for his head, but he has to look at himself for recent results, and possibly more importantly performances.

Strachan needs to start picking more players who are actually on form instead of his favourites. In hindsight the decision to pick certain players who lack game time has bitten us in the arse.

our domestic results in europe have nothing to do with it. How do you explain how Northern Ireland and Wales are on the verge of qualification? Even the republic gave been handed a lifeline by us and their domestic leagues are worse than ours. It's our attitude that costs us, we always play down the significance of these matches to take the pressure of players apparently, well if they can't deal with pressure they don't deserve to be there. The other thing that pisseses me offs by playing down the significance of these matches makes some believe that it's ok to draw over the and that a win is not essential, I truly believed strachan had got rid of this attitude but he obviously hasn't.

We will probably put In a massive performance on Monday but still lose, If there is a good performance on Monday or by some miracle a result to go with the performance, I will still be raging because the performance and result was needed last night.

Edited by vanderark14