Charles Green Getting Huckled? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Charles Green Getting Huckled?

Painful when your team is obviously total shite?

We had nearly 3 seasons of it before this one.

We were bad last year and fully expected it to be like this this year. It's shit but we punched above our weight for a long time. If we go down, which is very likely then so be it.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was one of the Duff & Phelps dudes.

was there a Paul Whitehouse too? I'm sure i remember reading that name, unless i had David and Paul mixed up in my head for some reason.

fuk me just realised where i got paul whitehouse from i'm an idiot.

Edited by phart

was there a Paul Whitehouse too? I'm sure i remember reading that name, unless i had David and Paul mixed up in my head for some reason.

fuk me just realised where i got paul whitehouse from i'm an idiot.

It's a big enough joke without the Fast Show joining in! :lol:

It's a big enough joke without the Fast Show joining in! :lol:

I went and checked the old board, Eddard posted a newspaper article which had him called Paul Whitehouse as well, this was before my brain decided to let me know where i knew the name from. :-))

A likely outcome of this is that it will be revealed that Duff & Co lived up to their name and actually sold the assets of the deceased entity to a group who weren't actually offering the most money.

What this will mean is that the purchasing vehicle shouldn't actually have got the assets. This will open up a massive can of worms and will be a good day for the lawyers.

Loads of questions if this does actually prove to be correct:

What happens to all the assets that are owned by the new club?

What happens to any assets owned by the old club but which have since been sold off to an external company (e.g. the stadium which is rumoured to be owned by a separate company of Uncle Chuckles Green and his cronies)?

what about any loans which are secured against assets which the new club technically weren't entitled to? Is Big Mike's £5m loan effectively secured against nothing and will he now call it in?

What about all the money raised in the share issues which was effectively invested in a fictitious company?

What happens to the new club while this big mess is being unpicked? Are we due RFC Mark III to unpick this mess?

Sit back and grab a beer and some crisps. The entertainment is just getting underway and could last for another couple of years!! :)

A likely outcome of this is that it will be revealed that Duff & Co lived up to their name and actually sold the assets of the deceased entity to a group who weren't actually offering the most money.

What this will mean is that the purchasing vehicle shouldn't actually have got the assets. This will open up a massive can of worms and will be a good day for the lawyers.

Loads of questions if this does actually prove to be correct:

What happens to all the assets that are owned by the new club?

What happens to any assets owned by the old club but which have since been sold off to an external company (e.g. the stadium which is rumoured to be owned by a separate company of Uncle Chuckles Green and his cronies)?

what about any loans which are secured against assets which the new club technically weren't entitled to? Is Big Mike's £5m loan effectively secured against nothing and will he now call it in?

What about all the money raised in the share issues which was effectively invested in a fictitious company?

What happens to the new club while this big mess is being unpicked? Are we due RFC Mark III to unpick this mess?

Sit back and grab a beer and some crisps. The entertainment is just getting underway and could last for another couple of years!! :)

I think you might need these....

Kleenex%20Box.jpg

I've already gone though a full box today buddy!!

Overwhelmed with excitement ;)

Excited about what? One minute you all love Charlie and Craigy and the next, you're presumably excited about their possible negative plight. So which is it, because your reaction matches that of most Rangers fans just now?!

Can't really be arsed with going into the history of this again but, my word, it will be interesting to see what Messrs Green, Whyte and Whitehouse are being charged with and, indeed, what the outcomes will be. If RFC are found to be the 'innocent' party in all of this and subjects of fraudulent misrepresentation, who would be liable for the subsequent domino effect in respect of the substantial losses incurred? I'm not au fait with the legalities but it suggests something of a potential minefield with the subsequent board members, in theory, inadvertently handling 'stolen goods', erroneously acquired by others in the first place.

Put overly simplistically, who pays back the £70m that Charlie spunked up against the wall (to maintain the masturbation analogy...) if an illegality has occurred?

Excited about what? One minute you all love Charlie and Craigy and the next, you're presumably excited about their possible negative plight. So which is it, because your reaction matches that of most Rangers fans just now?!

Can't really be arsed with going into the history of this again but, my word, it will be interesting to see what Messrs Green, Whyte and Whitehouse are being charged with and, indeed, what the outcomes will be. If RFC are found to be the 'innocent' party in all of this and subjects of fraudulent misrepresentation, who would be liable for the subsequent domino effect in respect of the substantial losses incurred? I'm not au fait with the legalities but it suggests something of a potential minefield with the subsequent board members, in theory, inadvertently handling 'stolen goods', erroneously acquired by others in the first place.

Put overly simplistically, who pays back the £70m that Charlie spunked up against the wall (to maintain the masturbation analogy...) if an illegality has occurred?

nobody likely - its gone, and good bit of it on players wages

if it was a plc I "think" the shareholders would have recourse against directors, company - so chuckles etc or RFC Current would be the target

Not sure I follow. Who loved 'Charlie and Craigy'. I think most non Rangers fans were saying all along that they were a bunch of chancers and/or con men. It was funny up to a point, but I for one hope that those responsible, all of them, now get what is coming to them. Not that this will bring the money back.

Jardine feels Rangers are now heading in the right direction under Charles Green but he has already warned the new supremo he will have no hesitation speaking out if he senses all is not as it should be.

He added: I really hope we now have the right people at the helm. I really do.

However, as I said to Mr Green on the first day he came in. I told him I would get behind him, back him and support him as much as I possibly could.

But I also said to him that if I seen him doing anything wrong then I would tell everybody.

Obviously the fans and every person at the club are hugely apprehensive after everything that happened with Whyte.

However, so far Charles has been good for Rangers and he has fought the corner of the club.

In many ways he is voicing what the supporters feel.

He has built up a good relationship with the fans and he tells it how it is.

Things are now going well and hopefully they can continue in the same vein.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sandy-jardine-says-fans-hampden-1593308

At the moment the police investigation is only dealing with the takeover by Whyte and then Green. The investigation into the IPO is still ongoing, hopefully more charges will follow. This will open the door to the ripping up off a few onerous contracts with Ashley and a few others.

All good stuff. Lessons learned and all that.

Edited by EddardStark

At the moment the police investigation is only dealing with the takeover by Whyte and then Green. The investigation into the IPO is still ongoing, hopefully more charges will follow. This will open the door to the ripping up off a few onerous contracts with Ashley and a few others.

All good stuff. Lessons learned and all that.

Aye you certainly learned your lesson from Murraye abd Whyte when Green was treated like a messiah.

He said what a large percentage of the Rangers support wanted to hear and they swallowed it up. Not saying you did but bulk did.

Can remember many non Rangers fans on here warning that he was a fraud at the time.