Migration To Europe - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just watching the news, and the astonishing headlines of hundreds of thousands of immigrants flooding into Europe.

Where do we go from here ? Do we take a hard line, or do we accept this is a consequence of Europe helping to create vacuums all over Africa and the middle east ?

This could have a significant effect on all our lives. Comments and/or solutions ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair play to the Germans think they have took in something like 800.000 migrants this year alone unbelievable but the UK has only took in 25.000 don't think Europe has seen anything like since the 1940s Sweden they have policy of if you can make it there they will take you in think we should take in more but where do you put all these folk ? the country his under a enough pressure with the eastern economic migrants just a wee example my doctors surgery has over 12.000 patients but l first joined there in 94 there was only 1800

fair play to the Germans think they have took in something like 800.000 migrants this year alone unbelievable but the UK has only took in 25.000

Whilst i agree the UK's position is embarrassing in the midst of a humanitarian crisis we have to remember that the UK in relative terms is only a small Island - 874 miles between Lands End & John O' Groats or 345 miles between Glasgow and London to put it into perspective - so it's unfair to compare us to the likes of France and Germany who have much larger land area.

However as Rossy says this crisis is more than significant and it will impact on our lives dramatically especially when inequality and poverty is already rising faster each year all over Europe and impacting on those that already live here.

Quite frankly i think we are fuked

It's not beyond fantasy to foresee a near future depicted in many dystopian novels and films where those that have are walled up in a luxurious city and everyone else is left outside to fend for themselves

In the past there used to be great wars instigated as a way of keeping the population down however nuclear weapons have kept wars localised

But i think one of these two options are whats in store

The alternative obviously is making the countries in which these people are running from safe but who can see that

fair play to the Germans think they have took in something like 800.000 migrants this year alone unbelievable but the UK has only took in 25.000 don't think Europe has seen anything like since the 1940s Sweden they have policy of if you can make it there they will take you in think we should take in more but where do you put all these folk ? the country his under a enough pressure with the eastern economic migrants just a wee example my doctors surgery has over 12.000 patients but l first joined there in 94 there was only 1800

UK population increased by approx 4 million between 2001 and 2011. Of this about 2.2 million was the effect of net migration, so something like a 3% increase. I've no idea where you live but unless it's a particularly extreme case, if your GPs patient list has gone up by 666%, it's nothing to do with immigrants.

The real story here is that migrants make a net contribution to the economy, so where exactly has that additional revenue gone which should have been used to build up the infrastructure and services required to support the increase in population.

It's a very easy thing to blame a lot of the UKs problems on immigrants, the underlying causes are much more complex.

Not a fan of seeing folk who have just landed in a country illegally demand food shelter, assistance and resettlement. If it keeps going they will turn their host countries into the shitholes they left. The local council here put loads up near the shops next suburb up and it has turned into said shithole.

geniune asylum seekers should always be helped but these are few and far between. I'm a bit old school and think asylum seekers are intellectuals, clerics, feminists etc in danger of getting a doing from a mob of well fed 25year men. Now it seems 25 year old men are the ones claiming asylum.

short of sending them back I don't know what the answer is but there will be a breaking point.

Edited by scoobydoo

UK population increased by approx 4 million between 2001 and 2011. Of this about 2.2 million was the effect of net migration, so something like a 3% increase. I've no idea where you live but unless it's a particularly extreme case, if your GPs patient list has gone up by 666%, it's nothing to do with immigrants.

The real story here is that migrants make a net contribution to the economy, so where exactly has that additional revenue gone which should have been used to build up the infrastructure and services required to support the increase in population.

It's a very easy thing to blame a lot of the UKs problems on immigrants, the underlying causes are much more complex.

hello my friend l live in Bournemouth between Poole and Bournemouth itself there's something like 30 to 40.000 poles alone here and the poles themselves are honest hardworking people don't have anything against immigration just the amount that been freely allowed to come in don't know where you live mate but trying to get an appointment at the doctors can take up to 2 weeks due to the increase in migration our public services down here are truly at breaking point perhaps if you lived here then you may understand the situation a bit more also also you talk about net contribution not having a go but what about the 2 billion pounds that leave the banking system each year and goes over to Poland for instance

I live in east Berkshire, an area that has a high Polish population as well as a high South Asian population as well, along with many other cultures. I'm not living in some white monoculture society.

By the way, I think you're talking shite about 40000 poles in Bournemouth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_in_the_United_Kingdom#Geographic_distribution

I live in east Berkshire, an area that has a high Polish population as well as a high South Asian population as well, along with many other cultures. I'm not living in some white monoculture society.

By the way, I think you're talking shite about 40000 poles in Bournemouth.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_in_the_United_Kingdom#Geographic_distribution

if you read the post I did say Bournemouth and Poole

Just watching the news, and the astonishing headlines of hundreds of thousands of immigrants flooding into Europe.

Where do we go from here ? Do we take a hard line, or do we accept this is a consequence of Europe helping to create vacuums all over Africa and the middle east ?

This could have a significant effect on all our lives. Comments and/or solutions ?

Cause and Effect, from the Berlin Conference in the late 19th Century to current day, European and North American Powers have used a variety of means to exercise control of Africa and more lately middle-eastern/Eurasia , the means which have had a negative affect on the populations.

The solution is to not to prop up shitty governments who will give you cheap access to labour,resources and their borders in return for turning a blind eye when they rip off their own people and oppress them with the weapons they got of you, cause they let you privately control their copper mine.

if you read the post I did say Bournemouth and Poole

Sorry, my mistake.

I think you're talking shite about there being 30 to 40 thousand Poles in Bournemouth and Poole.

I suggest you stop reading the Daily Mail.

The fact that this topic now exists on the tamb means that the media have got to you. Trying not to get all conspiracy theory like here but turning men against men is how 'they' keep control.

Migration is good. I know it's pretty hard to believe given the hysteria surrounding the subject right now but that's the truth. The figures back it up. (now i suppose that someone is going to pipe in with the good (white) migrants/bad (black) migrants argument.)

Controlled migration is good it has helped build the UK up but if you let it become a free for all then there is the very real risk of places becoming impoverished. I stay just outside of Peterborough and when you go into the city the range in languages is astounding. I think there are certain areas where immigration is becoming a problem not due to the people them self's but more due to migrants grouping in an area and thus stretching the local infrastructure. Why haven't the government tried to encourage migrants in problem areas to move to areas where workers are needed?

On the whole argument of who has taken how many what it the ratio of each country in terms of migrants per square mile. Yes Germany has been great but as others have said they have a much larger landmass to use.

Wonder if the government are pushing the whole imagration bad line so that more and more will start asking why don't we sort out the countries where they come from. Sirian refugees seem to be mentioned in almost every report I see. Could it be they are trying to build it up so they can go to war with Isis. If we put boots on the ground just now popular opinion would be against them so could they be trying to swing popular opinion to make it look like the right thing to do?

The fact that this topic now exists on the tamb means that the media have got to you. Trying not to get all conspiracy theory like here but turning men against men is how 'they' keep control.

Migration is good. I know it's pretty hard to believe given the hysteria surrounding the subject right now but that's the truth. The figures back it up. (now i suppose that someone is going to pipe in with the good (white) migrants/bad (black) migrants argument.)

Good for who? The recent mass migrations for example gold rush and Oceania didn't work out very well for all the participants did it?

Nice straw-man at the end :-))

Moved to Malta 4 years ago and there was a spattering of Africans.

Left for a few years and came back in February this year - the immigration is through the roof and the locals are turning (even more) racist.

More Libyans than anything, mostly using the expensive private hospital and living in the dearest apartments (€2000+ per month).

There's not a lot the Maltese can do - they stick the immigrants in a fenced detention centre while awaiting the result of their asylum claim.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/malta/10192458/EU-immigration-Malta-is-the-smallest-state-and-we-are-carrying-a-burden-that-is-much-bigger-than-any-other-country.html

Here's a screenshot I took a few weeks ago on a Times of Malta user's comments. To be fair, Jessica Smith doesn't really sound Maltese, but this is the type of response a lot of them have.

2llnitz.jpg

Overall I don't think open borders are a good thing. It's a difficult argument that the left struggle to make. Immigration is a world problem now and solutions are needed. I've benefited from migrating but I'm a skilled worker and know my rights, I wouldn't accept moving to another country and earning less than the "natives" but a lot of people do and are exploited.

In terms of the Middle East and Africa crisis that is going on now I've no idea what will happen. It's terrible what's going on and it doesn't look like governments know how to solve it.

Edited by ParisInAKilt