Rangers Vs Hibs - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs

Or the fact that they wanted out ah industry as it was a labour intensive book of business? Perhaps they wanted out due to the negative publicity/threats they got from the Rangers debacle?

We'd paid back millions to HBOS and the debt was going down as well as interest being serviced.

They decided they wanted out.

Nah, a bank wouldn't just up sticks with an agreement like that if there was money to be made, if they wanted out of football they would've phased that out, they stood no chance of getting back what was due, hence the wrote it off.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We paid everything back that was asked of us.

Bank wanted to cut ties and we paid a lump sum to cut ties. They wanted out football. Probably due to you lot to be fair.

Had we refused then that would be bad business surely?

Or the fact that they wanted out ah industry as it was a labour intensive book of business? Perhaps they wanted out due to the negative publicity/threats they got from the Rangers debacle?

We'd paid back millions to HBOS and the debt was going down as well as interest being serviced.

They decided they wanted out. What exactly did we as a football club do that was irresponsible financially by agreeing to pay what they wanted?

Sanctimonious pish, your club stole taxpayers' money.

Stole it? Haha.

Coming from a Sevconian? Seriously.

Brilliant

And again the "Rangers fans aren't allowed an opinion " pish.

Total nonsense. Try answering his argument with something factual instead of this utter shite.

It was in response to somebody saying we stole taxpayers money.

Only one team willingly withheld taxpayers money and it wasn't us.

Whataboutery.

Too many folk on here think it's acceptable to say Rangers fans aren't allowed an opinion on financial matters as if it was our fault the club was liquidated.

It's total pish. If that's how it works then Dundee, Hearts, Celtic, Livingston and Dunfermline fans should also just give up commenting.

Personally I have no opinion on Kilmarnock's position but you can't argue that Rangers fans can't have an opinion as that's patently stupid.

Whataboutery.

Too many folk on here think it's acceptable to say Rangers fans aren't allowed an opinion on financial matters as if it was our fault the club was liquidated.

It's total pish. If that's how it works then Dundee, Hearts, Celtic, Livingston and Dunfermline fans should also just give up commenting.

Personally I have no opinion on Kilmarnock's position but you can't argue that Rangers fans can't have an opinion as that's patently stupid.

Fair comment,

Don't think Rangers fans can lecture anyone on mismanagement to be fair.

Bitten once by Murray, twice by Whyte then still swallowed up Chuck Greens soundbites whilst he emptied the war chest.

So rangers fans can't comment on other clubs' mismanagement? If anything we should be classified as experts on the matter.

If, and it's a big if, hibs lose on Sunday they are 6 points behind us after only 3 games. There's potential for other teams like QOS also to be 6 points ahead of hibs.

It's still early days obviously but there will be a bit of pressure on hibs in matches after Sunday if they lose.

Makes the decision to give a new deal to Stubbs all the more remarkable.

This thread just shows how insecure rangers makes fans of other teams. Parky getting owned as he can't tell where Wigan play, squirrel botherer getting the sevcos out as he can't take questions about killie as all he knows about is the rangers. What's a bitter place this is these days, barely worth the effort skimming through when taking a Hibs on the throne.

Stubbs obsession with rangers is there to get him in favour with Celtic fans, as he will need the convention circuit shortly as he knows he is on his way out before Christmas.

Whataboutery.

Good post, mate. Don't think anyone could argue with that.

This thread just shows how insecure rangers makes fans of other teams. Parky getting owned as he can't tell where Wigan play, squirrel botherer getting the sevcos out as he can't take questions about killie as all he knows about is the rangers. What's a bitter place this is these days, barely worth the effort skimming through when taking a Hibs on the throne.

Stubbs obsession with rangers is there to get him in favour with Celtic fans, as he will need the convention circuit shortly as he knows he is on his way out before Christmas.

Yip.

I was insecure as when you went bust.

What are we arguing about? Let me know and i'll join in when i come back from doing my Gran's shopping.

Also to be fair, Larky was going on about Murray being a ticking timebomb when this board was in it's infancy, way before thplinth came with the information about a more immediate financial implosion. Which was ignored unanimously by almost everyone.

yeah i know the above sentence doesn't make sense, just seeing who is worth arguing with.

What are we arguing about? Let me know and i'll join in when i come back from doing my Gran's shopping.

Also to be fair, Larky was going on about Murray being a ticking timebomb when this board was in it's infancy, way before thplinth came with the information about a more immediate financial implosion. Which was ignored unanimously by almost everyone.

yeah i know the above sentence doesn't make sense, just seeing who is worth arguing with.

Woooah, I didn't ignore it, I prayed for days on end for it all to be true!

Thank you for that acknowledgement.

:um-no:

It was either ignored unanimously, or ignored by almost everyone.

This thread just shows how insecure rangers makes fans of other teams.

I think this post shows the arrogance of some Rangers fans.

We are not all obsessed, I think my team showed in the play offs we're certainly not insecure or scared.

It's not all about the Rangers, but it is (or has been) an intriguing soap opera.

It's nice for the decent Rangers fans that they can enjoy their football again, but when the triumphalism starts coming back, it's a bit of a turn off.

The Rangers fans on here do get it pretty tight, considering the majority seem pretty reasonable. I'd presume most posters are playing the ball rather than the man when having a pop. (To reverse an analogy)

:ok: