Rangers Vs Hibs - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike the fans (based on my social media content this morning, I honestly didn't realise I knew so many Rangers fans! All magic hats and blue Cafu)

They aren't real fans. If you didn't know they supported Rangers before I'd suggest they are fair weather fannies. Hence their over the top guff.

I like Warburton's attitude to it. We played poorly and he knows we need to improve. Finally a good leader at the club.

This has been easily our worst performance of the season so far.

Fair enough. As you were really poor. God awful finishing by Hibs and a goalkeeping howler were required for a 1-0 win.

There were a couple of pieces of good play from Rangers, where the moved the ball quickly to counteract Hibs' aggressive pressing. These moments showed potential but moments is all they were.

Unlike some fans you mean. Why do people love to make inaccurate sweeping generalisations about the Rangers support?

:P

Can we settle on many fans?

I can understand the optimism after the last 3-4 years, but I think it needs to be remembered that they are still in the 2nd tier, while Celtic are on the verge of champions league qualification.

They were pumped by a poor poor motherwell side in the play offs, and since have beaten the worst hibs side amongst a plentiful selection of poor hibs sides, stmirren, Alloa and Peterhead.

There's a long way to go yet!

:P

Can we settle on many fans?

I can understand the optimism after the last 3-4 years, but I think it needs to be remembered that they are still in the 2nd tier, while Celtic are on the verge of champions league qualification.

They were pumped by a poor poor motherwell side in the play offs, and since have beaten the worst hibs side amongst a plentiful selection of poor hibs sides, stmirren, Alloa and Peterhead.

There's a long way to go yet!

Thanks for blindingly obvious, patronising pish.

The referee from yesterday seems to have forgotten how to decide if its a handball or not. Here he is a year ago, informing the public on how a referee should decide.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/26159324

Deliberate or not, the ball hit his hand, thereby stopping a cross from getting into the box. For that reason, the award of a free kick is perfectly valid, imo. But of course I would say that! ;)

To those tempering our optimism... we know. Really, we do. Beating St Mirren and Hibs (perhaps our two closest rivals for promotion) is an ideal start though and horsing Alloa on a dreadful pitch is also a welcome change from last season. We are playing a swashbuckling, risky style of football, full of building from the back (which can cause us problems) with overlapping, offensively-minded full-backs. We're enjoying the fact that our performances are more enjoyable, it's as simple as that! We are fully aware that there is a long way to go but seemingly some do not wish us to enjoy winning 6 games in a row and would rather we sat on our hands with our mouths shut. That's up to them.

In addition, with only small exceptions (Miller and Law), we have a completely different team so pointing out our failings against Motherwell last season is completely irrelevant at this point and looks like criticising for the sake of criticising.

Motherwell fans should perhaps be more concerned at their own side's alarming slump (weren't they supposed to be better this season?) rather than complaining about perceived over-reactions of other supporters.

Edited by thewolf_1980

Deliberate or not, the ball hit his hand, thereby stopping a cross from getting into the box. For that reason, the award of a free kick is perfectly valid, imo. But of course I would say that! ;)

I hope that's tongue in cheek. As it couldn't be more wrong. :unsure:

To those tempering our optimism... we know. Really, we do. Beating St Mirren and Hibs (perhaps our two closest rivals for promotion) is an ideal start though and horsing Alloa on a dreadful pitch is also a welcome change from last season. We are playing a swashbuckling, risky style of football, full of building from the back (which can cause us problems) with overlapping, offensively-minded full-backs. We're enjoying the fact that our performances are more enjoyable, it's as simple as that! We are fully aware that there is a long way to go but seemingly some do not wish us to enjoy winning 6 games in a row and would rather we sat on our hands with our mouths shut. That's up to them.

In addition, with only small exceptions (Miller and Law), we have a completely different team so pointing out our failings against Motherwell last season is completely irrelevant at this point and looks like criticising for the sake of criticising.

Motherwell fans should perhaps be more concerned at their own side's alarming slump (weren't they supposed to be better this season?) rather than complaining about perceived over-reactions of other supporters.

This all stemmed from me commenting on the fact that Rangers fans who I am "friends" with on social media appear to be getting a bit giddy.

(*not that I don't like these people, just to distinguish from actual real friends)

I completely get the excitement and optimism, especially given the rough time they've had the last few seasons.

Much like at Motherwell after a dreadful season, I was really optimistic that the play off performance was a sign of what was to come this season.

Unfortunately that's not been the case, it started ok, and is gradually drifting back to last seasons turgid, spineless, rudderless pish! Really miss Pearson, was involved in all our good performances last season and our 1 victory this season.

Big week, with East Fife tomorow in the cup and a struggling killie next week. After our woeful form in the cups under McCall, nothing other than a comfortable victory will be accepted tomorow, and losing to killie on Saturday would see the knives out for Barraclough already! (If they were ever away?)

This all stemmed from me commenting on the fact that Rangers fans who I am "friends" with on social media appear to be getting a bit giddy.

(*not that I don't like these people, just to distinguish from actual real friends)

I completely get the excitement and optimism, especially given the rough time they've had the last few seasons.

Much like at Motherwell after a dreadful season, I was really optimistic that the play off performance was a sign of what was to come this season.

Unfortunately that's not been the case, it started ok, and is gradually drifting back to last seasons turgid, spineless, rudderless pish! Really miss Pearson, was involved in all our good performances last season and our 1 victory this season.

Big week, with East Fife tomorow in the cup and a struggling killie next week. After our woeful form in the cups under McCall, nothing other than a comfortable victory will be accepted tomorow, and losing to killie on Saturday would see the knives out for Barraclough already! (If they were ever away?)

I must admit, I did expect Motherwell to be better this season and I can't deny that my household is a more enjoyable place to be in compared with earlier in the year. ;)

I think you'll be fine though but one of the other established teams could be in bother this season (perhaps Dundee Utd unless they get their finger out).

Agree with every word of this. That's assuming you are taking the pish with the first part :)

We have made a good start and are also going the right way in terms of back room infastructure (youth development etc).

I've said countless times I won't get carried away on the back of good performances against part time clubs and likewise it has to work both ways if we play poorly in one match. The criticism we have had from Saturday was justified in parts, exaggerated in others. No real surprise and not worth worrying about IMO.

Like you I'm just enjoying the welcome change all of this has been.

Agree with every word of this. That's assuming you are taking the pish with the first part :)

We have made a good start and are also going the right way in terms of back room infastructure (youth development etc).

I've said countless times I won't get carried away on the back of good performances against part time clubs and likewise it has to work both ways if we play poorly in one match. The criticism we have had from Saturday was justified in parts, exaggerated in others. No real surprise and not worth worrying about IMO.

Like you I'm just enjoying the welcome change all of this has been.

Most of the criticism has been nonsense.

Rangers are currently doing what they should be doing based on relative financial sizes.

The fact they are doing it whilst playing entertaining, attacking football is the cherry on the cake.

As Hearts have shown already this season you can make the jump to the Premiership and more than compete, if you are able to consistently win in the Championship.

Rangers now need to keep this winning run going for as long as possible for when we hit the eventual injuries etc.