Best Ever Loan Signing - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Ever Loan Signing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he's no longer a 'loan player', but Shay Logan was a fantastic bit of business.

Brought in just before the League Cup semi-final, turned in a great performance and has been consistently excellent ever since (needs to improve his crossing though).

Probably the best right-back we've had since Stuart Kennedy.

To be fair though, Logan is a bit of a liability. Folk think he's great just because he's a competent right-back, which, as you say, is something we haven't had for years.

To be fair though, Logan is a bit of a liability. Folk think he's great just because he's a competent right-back, which, as you say, is something we haven't had for years.

Aye, we haven't had much luck with full-backs over the years. I still think he's a good, consistent defender...he's just not much of an attacking full-back.

Stuart McKimmie wasn't bad if I remember rightly!

Forgot about him. Good point.

Craig Bellamy or Robbie Keane

I didn't think Keane was all that great up here? My memory may be playing tricks on me. Granted I would only have properly seen him in Rangers - Celtic games

Bellamy was excellent though, ran riot a few times as I recall.

EDIT - Keane 12 goals in 16 games. Not too shabby in fairness

I didn't think Keane was all that great up here? My memory may be playing tricks on me. Granted I would only have properly seen him in Rangers - Celtic games

Bellamy was excellent though, ran riot a few times as I recall.

EDIT - Keane 12 goals in 16 games. Not too shabby in fairness

Keanes debut was good.

Rangers winning the league with players they can't afford. Bringing in lots of loan players is a former of cheating ;)

Yawn! I always thought Steven Davis was an excellent loan signing by Walter. Few year back my local non league side were in the Conference North with Dwight Gayle upfront and Jordan Archer in goal. Also got Moses Odubajo who's just signed for Hull for a few million, played two games, saw him in the second - scored a blistering hattrick, then got injured and never played for Stortford again - happy days!