Tamb Running Thread - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent parkrun at Cramond yesterday. Slightly over 20 mins (running forwards - sorry Parklife ;)) but my dodgy knee felt fine afterwards so did another much slower lap before heading off to work.

Get some intervals during the week. You'll break 20mins easily ;)

Do you always run at a steady pace?

If you want to get that pace down I'd strongly advise you to do intervals on the treadmill.

Obviously start off at an easier level to get used to it but my last treadmill interval sessions was:

2 mins warm up - 8% incline & 8kmph;

Alternating between

1 min - 12% incline & 12kmph

1 min - 8% incline & 8kmph

For 20 minutes

3 min cool down.

25minutes total.

Has anyone ever managed to injure themselves whilst running on an incline on a treadmill? Managed to pull my poplutius muscle I think it's called just behind the knee. Kept me out of running for 10 months. Just a word of warning for folk that do. Am terrified of treadmills now.

Broken my monthly distance record and on day 28 of my runstreak - currently standing at 137 miles. Quite enjoying running every day. :)

Top work. I ran every day in November and enjoyed it, total was about 135 miles I think.

It isn't his gym work that is the reason :P And nothing would make me go to the gym anyway not even if it made a difference. No point doing something you don't enjoy :)

I don't enjoy intervals but I enjoy the effects of them (faster times and a God-like physique).