Tamb Running Thread - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for some runs to enter in February/March time, 10ks or 5ks really. There are no triathlons I can enter until April and I fancy having something to aim for over the next month or two.

Any recommendations?

Lasswade 10. Early March. My favourite race of the year.

Aberdeen City Council have decided not to allow a half marathon in Aberdeen this year...

Dear all,
Progress update!

The meeting today with the council was extremely constructive. Issues were raised regarding the event. We received positive feedback throughout. However, the event will not be taking place in 2015. The council are happy to work with us to get it set up for 2016 and we have established a great relationship to push on!.

This is due to the fact that we must take great considerations into the ever growing problem of traffic congestion in Aberdeen combined with the fact that there is construction and development taking place in and around Hazlehead. It is also difficult for the council because we are aiming for a big event, where the field will be 2000 runners in the first year.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this will cause but we are going to work side by side with the council to get it set up for 2016.

Thank you for all your support! but don't worry we will keep pursuing it!
Team Hazlehead Half

Aberdeen City Council have decided not to allow a half marathon in Aberdeen this year...

If you were thinking about it and fancy an alternative, possibly look into the (Glen) Moray Marathon or Half at the beginning of September - providing that one gets the green light to go ahead.

My first half is this Sunday, looking like a cold one.

First run in 4 weeks for me today - was aiming for a slow 5k but ended up doing 10k. 56 minutes but I stopped twice to do up my laces and sort out my phone, so I'm calling it a sub-55.

Great day for a run and it feels good to get back to it again.

First run in 4 weeks for me today - was aiming for a slow 5k but ended up doing 10k. 56 minutes but I stopped twice to do up my laces and sort out my phone, so I'm calling it a sub-55.

Great day for a run and it feels good to get back to it again.

Good stuff!

It's very easy to lose yourself in a run and do much more than planned.

Aye, at 4k I really was all for chucking it after 5k, but after 5k it felt a lot better, so I stuck with it. Don't fancy going that long without a run again (down to a combination of work, other commitments and pish weather) so will try to ease my way back to at least 3 runs a week like I was doing before.

Short treadmill run this morning due to the amount of ice on the pavements :angry:

Do you always run at a steady pace?

If you want to get that pace down I'd strongly advise you to do intervals on the treadmill.

Obviously start off at an easier level to get used to it but my last treadmill interval sessions was:

2 mins warm up - 8% incline & 8kmph;

Alternating between

1 min - 12% incline & 12kmph

1 min - 8% incline & 8kmph

For 20 minutes

3 min cool down.

25minutes total.

If you want to get that pace down I'd strongly advise you to do intervals on the treadmill.

Obviously start off at an easier level to get used to it but my last treadmill interval sessions was:

Alternating between

For 20 minutes

3 min cool down.

25minutes total.

Treadmills are the work of the devil!

Alternating between

For 20 minutes

3 min cool down.

25minutes total.

I occasionally do an interval session on a treadmill, but I prefer not to really as I much prefer running outdoors.