Tamb Running Thread - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff Cove Sheep - well done! Glad you're little bout of illness didn't hold you back.

I agree about St. Vincent street. Being so early in the race, it doesn't really affect you. (and it doesn't last too long either.

There were one or two long hills in Pollok Park which I found fairly tough, but in general I thought it was a good course. Pretty interesting views and differing terrain throughout.

Anyone else see the guy doing it dressed as a stormtropper on a skateboard? Fair number of people were not happy with him as he went past.

I took my time with St Vincent Street and the Kingston Bridge, as I felt a muscle in my back was ready to go, but thankfully didn't, then the rest was pretty easy (Pollok Park was probably the hardest part I found)

Never really been interested in doing races but may do a half next year. Will only do it if i'm going to get a decent time. Race time predictor, based on my 10km time gives me an estimated half time of about 1hr 38mins. Would ideally want to be closer to 90minutes, so a bit of training needed.

Not want to join me at the Edinburgh marathon then?

Would rather go to an orange walk than run a marathon.

Running is garbage. I only do it to keep my Adonis like physique. I've no interest in doing more than a half.

Never really been interested in doing races but may do a half next year. Will only do it if i'm going to get a decent time. Race time predictor, based on my 10km time gives me an estimated half time of about 1hr 38mins. Would ideally want to be closer to 90minutes, so a bit of training needed.

It might grow on you, you never know. I previously had no interests in anything less than full marathons, but really enjoy the Parkruns now, and will be looking at 10ks and half marathons in between my full ones next year.

Really enjoyed the half.

Was looking to get under two hours and finished 1.56.08 so hit my target and took ten minutes off my previous half marathon time.

Folk go on about St Vincent Street but I reckon the 2nd park is worse.

lol you're running half marathons in under 2 hours now? Jesus Christ! you started with couch to 5k?

Stumbled across this video on the c25k forum (i'm now on week 4!).

It's a talk from a cardiologist warning about running too much. Seems quite persuasive. Just wondering what the marathon runners on here make of it?

Stumbled across this video on the c25k forum (i'm now on week 4!).

It's a talk from a cardiologist warning about running too much. Seems quite persuasive. Just wondering what the marathon runners on here make of it?

Can't watch it at work but this article is pretty good:

http://www.runnersworld.com/health/will-running-too-much-kill-you

Edited by neilser

When I registered for Edinburgh, I put 4.30 down as my expected finish time.

I assume I should be on track for that given it's not til the end of May and my time from Glasgow on Sunday.

Assuming I don't get injured and can prepare ok.

Baby Cove challenged me at the weekend to do next year's half. I'm curious, but don't think it would be possible.

Good stuff Cove Sheep - well done! Glad you're little bout of illness didn't hold you back.

I agree about St. Vincent street. Being so early in the race, it doesn't really affect you. (and it doesn't last too long either.

There were one or two long hills in Pollok Park which I found fairly tough, but in general I thought it was a good course. Pretty interesting views and differing terrain throughout.

Going up on to the bridge was a bit interesting I thought.

Not so keen on running past a lodge though.