Footballs Back! - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footballs Back!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly a thing of beauty, but a pwopa football game against a tricky team....they were much better than the amateur dross we played this time last year,

A good workout, and a decent result.

Nothing to be unhappy about.

Fuxsake.

It's the 2nd of July, in Macedonia, against a team that's a 100 times better than the Latvian rubbish we played last year.

Sorry that we're not 5 goals up.

We'll scud them at Pittodrie, but tonight's all about match fitness, teamwork, and organisation.

Blame Parklife!

He made us all think you were going to win 3-0. :-)

Cheers for the stream.

Some very interesting comment from the users on the right hand side. Always are when ex-Yugoslavians are invovled with the internet.

Just so we are clear, they are Macedonians from Albania? ;)

That side were pretty tough tackling. 1-1 is a much better result than 0-0. I think Aberdeen will take them 3/4-0 at Toddy. Nothing to fear at all.

McGinn is some boy, he seems to always grab a vital goal for club and country.

Fecking shite performance, for which Mcinnes takes the blame. An very defensive and unbalanced side. Wtf he thought they had that required flood, shinnie and Jack in midfield, is beyond me.

If it's any consolation, when motherwell played Flamurtari in Albania, we showed them far too much respect over there and lost 1-0, we won the return leg 8-1.

I didn't see the games, but I'd fancy both teams to progress fairly comfortably provided they can get a 1st half goal next week.

If it's any consolation, when motherwell played Flamurtari in Albania, we showed them far too much respect over there and lost 1-0, we won the return leg 8-1.

I didn't see the games, but I'd fancy both teams to progress fairly comfortably provided they can get a 1st half goal next week.

The team Aberdeen played were shocking.

Feck knows what McInnes was doing with his initial selection, or what he was watching that made his happy to leave the team unbalanced the whole game.

I suspect we'll have to put up with Shinnie in CM for weeks before McInnes finally twigs and moves him to his correct position.

Feck knows what McInnes was doing with his initial selection, or what he was watching that made his happy to leave the team unbalanced the whole game.

I suspect we'll have to put up with Shinnie in CM for weeks before McInnes finally twigs and moves him to his correct position.

I think scottish clubs have gone too far the other way from in the 90s expecting to turn up and beat teams like Mypa 47 and skonto Riga because we'd never heard of them to now fearing everyone, being overly cautious and showing them far too much respect.

I think scottish clubs have gone too far the other way from in the 90s expecting to turn up and beat teams like Mypa 47 and skonto Riga because we'd never heard of them to now fearing everyone, being overly cautious and showing them far too much respect.

Given the amount of time between the draw and the first fixture, you can not really do any research into your opponent..... last year we got lucky with that pub team from Riga (could have played the U17's and still gone through), but this mob was going to be a different kettle of fish, and though Del did not go out and out relaxed into this game, he did seem to try out a number of idea's that you would expect him to try in a pre-season friendly at Peterhead or Arbroath, not going into a unknown game away from home in Europe.....Got the away goal which is very important, but think he will go back to his usual tactics next week

Given the amount of time between the draw and the first fixture, you can not really do any research into your opponent..... last year we got lucky with that pub team from Riga (could have played the U17's and still gone through), but this mob was going to be a different kettle of fish, and though Del did not go out and out relaxed into this game, he did seem to try out a number of idea's that you would expect him to try in a pre-season friendly at Peterhead or Arbroath, not going into a unknown game away from home in Europe.....Got the away goal which is very important, but think he will go back to his usual tactics next week

To continue with such an unbalanced midfield, who clearly didn't have a clue where they should each be at any time, for the whole game was shockingly poor management. We were left toothless in attack as there was no one linking midfield and attack, yet also left exposed defensively as no one knew where they should be and who should be covering.

It was the first game of the season but it's the most frustrated i've been with McInnes since he took 4 months to realise Zola was pish, while it took everyone else 30 mintues.

Shinnie played cm? Not sure if he's ever played in that position in his life before!

Shinnie played cm? Not sure if he's ever played in that position in his life before!

Aye. McInnes will realise it's a bad idea in 8 weeks time.

Fair play to you for a wee bit of honesty there. Luckily not the worst result though and the Dons should finish it comfortably at todders!