Labours New Dodgy Dossier - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labours New Dodgy Dossier

Some of it is just bizarre. The guy who posted about Jackie Bird for example. He's having his name dragged through the mud for what is a pretty tame Tweet. I'm sure there are others like it, but I got bored after a few pages.

Yes, some are pretty offensive, but I could type 'Salmond' and any abusive term into Twitter and come up with thousands of hits.

It's embarrassing, childish and tells you everything you need to know about 1. The state the 'Scottish' Labour Party is in, 2. Blair MacDougall's level of political nous (and intelligence) and 3. Just how much they absolutely despise the SNP for taking away their divine right (as if we didn't already know).

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing to see Labour join the right-wing narrative that the SNP and all SNP supporters are hate-filled extremists.

Probably no surprise though......they're desperate, and they'll use any tactic to try and subdue the SNP voice.

It won't work.

I'm not sure what good (for them) will come of it though. Perhaps they're hoping to harden the pro-union vote, or to put off any recent SNP voters from voting for them again.

They might succeed on both counts but since their party is woefully short in the area that voters really pay attention to - policies - they may not necessarily turn to them.

At least one former regular poster from here on it.

Seriously 90% of it consists of using the words Traitor or Quisling about various SLab types

Go on, geez a clue. :ph34r:

Some of it is just bizarre. The guy who posted about Jackie Bird for example. He's having his name dragged through the mud for what is a pretty tame Tweet. I'm sure there are others like it, but I got bored after a few pages.

Yes, some are pretty offensive, but I could type 'Salmond' and any abusive term into Twitter and come up with thousands of hits.

It's embarrassing, childish and tells you everything you need to know about 1. The state the 'Scottish' Labour Party is in, 2. Blair MacDougall's level of political nous (and intelligence) and 3. Just how much they absolutely despise the SNP for taking away their divine right (as if we didn't already know).

In an organisation of >100k members you are bound to get a few fruitbats. That is almost inevitable. Some of the tweets were embarrassing; using words like 'bitch' or 'c*nt' to describe someone you disagree with is rarely going to get the neutral observer onto your side. Others though were fairly tame given the context.

I follow one of the people in the dossier on Twitter and her tweets are usually very sensible. What I find distasteful is that these aren't public figures Labour are smearing here, they're ordinary Joe Soaps with an internet connection who dare to think differently from their party line. Some of the tweets are two or three years old! :unsure:

I wonder how much Blair is getting paid for his genius?

Between this and Mctearnens continual war mongering they are somehow making labour even worse than they were.

The whole thing has their manky paw prints all over it.

Go on, geez a clue. :ph34r:

You don't have to have a Hawkeye to spot it.

It's really hard to see what got him on the list though.

My personal favourite is the lassie that's been pulled up for two Anti English tweets which come a minute after England equalising at Wembley in 2013 and scoring at Celtic Park last year.

You don't have to have a Hawkeye to spot it.

It's really hard to see what got him on the list though.

My personal favourite is the lassie that's been pulled up for two Anti English tweets which come a minute after England equalising at Wembley in 2013 and scoring at Celtic Park last year.

With you now. Didn't even know he was an SNP man.

Aye, those tweets don't look good at face value - but that is the whole point of this dossier, to take them out of context and make the tweeters look worse than they are. It does sicken me, though, that they are targeting ordinary people.

They really have no idea. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

This latest stunt just shows that they haven't hit rock bottom yet. It's another example of the sort of tactical jumping about like some manic duracell bunny that characterised the Murphy era, so its no surprise whatsoever that Blair McDougall is behind it.

Instead of whining about people calling them traitors and quislings perhaps they should give some thought as to why people see them in that light. Then they may actually be able to do something about it.

Its not a view that I subscribe to but I can understand why people do.

Maybe if they had run a referendum campaign that took a pro-Scottish view of the Union, highlighted what they saw as the benefits to Scotland rather than the entirely negative, too wee, too poor, too stupid, Better Together campaign then people may view them differently. BTW, I don't believe for a minute was conceived in London and presented to Scotland to implement - or if it was conceived in London it would have been by London-based Scots.

I think there are people in SLab who get it but unfortunately for them they are all damaged goods in one way or another, Johann Lamont being a case in point, a really bizarre love-in last night on Twitter between her and Wings.

I saw it. Indefensible in my humble opinion, " the English" is not acceptable chat regardless of situation. Whether it warrants inclusion on a dossier of an undesirable section of SNP supporter shouldn't really be up for debate however as a political party shouldn't be producing such a dossier. People in glass houses an aw'rat.

The inclusion of Rabbie Burns quotes as offensive was amusing though.

I saw it. Indefensible in my humble opinion, "badger the English" is not acceptable chat regardless of situation. Whether it warrants inclusion on a dossier of an undesirable section of SNP supporter shouldn't really be up for debate however as a political party shouldn't be producing such a dossier. People in glass houses an aw'rat.

The inclusion of Rabbie Burns quotes as offensive was amusing though.

I think you could argue the point that English was in reference to their football team rather than English people.

The ones that call Blair McDougall fat are pretty amusing when you know that he put the list together.

Looks like they could have breached the Data Protection Act with this though.

This latest stunt just shows that they haven't hit rock bottom yet. It's another example of the sort of tactical jumping about like some manic duracell bunny that characterised the Murphy era, so its no surprise whatsoever that Blair McDougall is behind it.

Instead of whining about people calling them traitors and quislings perhaps they should give some thought as to why people see them in that light. Then they may actually be able to do something about it.

Its not a view that I subscribe to but I can understand why people do.

Maybe if they had run a referendum campaign that took a pro-Scottish view of the Union, highlighted what they saw as the benefits to Scotland rather than the entirely negative, too wee, too poor, too stupid, Better Together campaign then people may view them differently. BTW, I don't believe for a minute was conceived in London and presented to Scotland to implement - or if it was conceived in London it would have been by London-based Scots.

I think there are people in SLab who get it but unfortunately for them they are all damaged goods in one way or another, Johann Lamont being a case in point, a really bizarre love-in last night on Twitter between her and Wings.

McDougall said after the referendum that if they had attempted to run a positive campaign they would probably have lost.

Even so, Labour ought to have had their own referendum campaign. A No vote would still have been returned and they wouldn't have got pumped in the GE.

I think you could argue the point that English was in reference to their football team rather than English people.

You could, possibly. I just wouldn't get into the habit of defending potential racists because they're SNP card carrying racists. Each to their own and all that though.

You could, possibly. I just wouldn't get into the habit of defending potential racists because they're SNP card carrying racists. Each to their own and all that though.

And Labour could easily collect a whole host of anti Scots remarks from the comments on the Daily Mail website if they wanted to. In spite of the right wing press and some Unionist politicians stoking the flames independence is not anti-English and its not about racism so why is the Labour party only highlighting side of this and why don't they do something about McConnell encouraging people to boot a f@*king Tory. They should start taking the logs out of their own eye before they draw attention to the specks in others.

And Labour could easily collect a whole host of anti Scots remarks from the comments on the Daily Mail website if they wanted to. In spite of the right wing press and some Unionist politicians stoking the flames independence is not anti-English and its not about racism so why is the Labour party only highlighting side of this and why don't they do something about McConnell encouraging people to boot a f@*king Tory. They should start taking the logs out of their own eye before they draw attention to the specks in others.

They could. However... These people are going to be on your side in a future independence referendum, dirty tactics come out on all sides, if you want to waste time defending people "ach, they're only racist when Scotland are playing football" that's up to you. I'd prefer to distance myself from the undesirables and the liars (I'm looking at you Stocky)... But that's just me.

They could. However... These people are going to be on your side in a future independence referendum, dirty tactics come out on all sides, if you want to waste time defending people "ach, they're only racist when Scotland are playing football" that's up to you. I'd prefer to distance myself from the undesirables and the liars (I'm looking at you Stocky)... But that's just me.

I know as much about the person who made those tweets' psyche as you do - which is entirely nothing - however a man with a glass eye and the other one stuffed up with an oily rag could see that those tweets related to the football.

I know as much about the person who made those tweets' psyche as you do - which is entirely nothing - however a man with a glass eye and the other one stuffed up with an oily rag could see that those tweets related to the football.

" the English"... Defend that all you like friend, I wouldn't.

"badger the English"... Defend that all you like friend, I wouldn't.

When Germany scored against Scotland how many folk said "German badgers"

When Wales scored against Scotland how many folk said "Welsh badgers"

When Ireland scored against Scotland how many folk said "Irish badgers"

Stop digging a hole for yersel on this one Scunnered

Its football rivalry on this occasion

Edited by Ally Bongo