Another Gun Massacre In The U.s. - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Another Gun Massacre In The U.s.

There was a guy on the telly this morning saying guns were not the problem, but gun free zones such as schools, colleges etc were an open invitation for this sort of thing. Totally warped thought process.

So having guns in schools is the answer!?!

WTF is the question? Cause it ain't how do we reduce gun deaths.

J

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You watch some of these tv programs like sons of guns and you see how much joy these idiots get out of guns and shooting things it's frightening until the NRA are dealt with this will just go on and on in USA

You watch some of these tv programs like sons of guns and you see how much joy these idiots get out of guns and shooting things it's frightening until the NRA are dealt with this will just go on and on in USA

Don't get me wrong, I love shooting things down the range in the States, but no ####in way I want anything that deadly in my house! Especially with two small children.

We lived in the States when I was a kid and my Dad was away with work for a couple of weeks and my Mum was a bit nervous being on her own. Our neighbour asked if Mum wanted to borrow her pistol. My Mum politely declined. Again having two young boys in the house, it was a no brainier.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

As I have said before to be able to keep the constition and hopefully reduce gun crime in the USA why not bring in laws to limit ammo. Being able to walk into Walmart and buy thousands of rounds with no problem. Don't know all the answers but something along the lines of only being able to buy x amount or a sort of bullets out casings in system on ranges. Like I say I don't have the answers but surely something along these lines will at least reduce killings.

As a previous poster said I would like to go to a range and shoot targets with different guns. Don't want to go and shoot wildlife or people but would happily shoot bits of paper\cardboard on a range

As I have said before to be able to keep the constition and hopefully reduce gun crime in the USA why not bring in laws to limit ammo. Being able to walk into Walmart and buy thousands of rounds with no problem. Don't know all the answers but something along the lines of only being able to buy x amount or a sort of bullets out casings in system on ranges. Like I say I don't have the answers but surely something along these lines will at least reduce killings.

As a previous poster said I would like to go to a range and shoot targets with different guns. Don't want to go and shoot wildlife or people but would happily shoot bits of paper\cardboard on a range

It's pretty simple. The same gun control laws we have here would help. Only allow guns on controlled ranges, no automatic or semi automatic guns and strict background checks before you get one.

Personally I'd just ban them completely but I'm a bit draconian with stuff that can be used to murder dozens of people with very limited legitimate use.

It's pretty simple. The same gun control laws we have here would help. Only allow guns on controlled ranges, no automatic or semi automatic guns and strict background checks before you get one.

Personally I'd just ban them completely but I'm a bit draconian with stuff that can be used to murder dozens of people with very limited legitimate use.

Don't get me wrong I agree about ranges and auto's but in the states that would go against there constitutional rights (I think) I'm only trying to find a compromise which would maybe be acceptable to both sides of the debate

Don't get me wrong I agree about ranges and auto's but in the states that would go against there constitutional rights (I think) I'm only trying to find a compromise which would maybe be acceptable to both sides of the debate

their constitutional rights! Like the Aussie guy Jim Jeffries said. It's called an amendment for a ing reason.

Would love to see you say that at a nra meeting lol

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had that exact conversation with a Yank who loves his guns. My brother-in-law is one. A total ing eejit. I can't stand him. His Sister(my Wife) sees my side too. She is becoming more embarrassed by Yank-land by the day. She keeps on at me to move back to Scotland with her.

Essentially that is what he was saying. It's in their constitution don't you know so it's the fault of those who don't exercise that right.

they break every other part of the constitution, so the integrity of that isn't the real reason.

I just wish the NRA would be honest in their public statements and come out with what they really think i.e. These mass shootings are an acceptable price to pay so that they can get their kicks from owning weaponry...

The NRA is really a gun industry lobby group now, the 'right to bear arms' stuff just an expedient argument, granted one that millions of Americans genuinely buy into. Putting to one side the fact that it is a misreading of the Constitution, although one validated by the Supreme Court, the sad fact is that in many rural areas the right to own firearms has become part of their DNA. Just about all of these tragedies happen in areas where the majority believe strongly in gun ownership. If Obama turned up there today and asked for a local poll on strict gun control, I'd bet a large majority would oppose it. We joke about it, but many people will argue that more, not fewer, guns is the answer. As mentioned above, Obama is powerless on this, and no mainstream politician is going to risk really taking on the gun lobby. In more urban areas, where the population is, in general, better educated there are far lower levels of gun ownership and far fewer deaths from shootings, even allowing for gang related violence.