Tickets - Page 6 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

parsno1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might well turn out to be a 100% pick up yet. Ticket sales could conceivably go on until three weeks before the game, then they have to get the tickets from Georgia in time to post them out.

Now that might sound straightforward but the sticking point there could be getting the tickets from Georgia to Glasgow in time to send them out.

That's what happened the last time and why there was a 100% pick-up.

2000 collections is maybe a bit much for the SFA to plough through (although I haven't experienced a collection so can't comment on the efficiency or lack thereof). Maybe cropping it to 50% would be a good number? A 50% chance of being asked to collect would help discourage the harvesters. Has anyone tried sowing that seed with the SSC?

Edited by EIFA10

2000 collections is maybe a bit much for the SFA to plough through (although I haven't experienced a collection so can't comment on the efficiency or lack thereof). Maybe cropping it to 50% would be a good number? A 50% chance of being asked to collect would help discourage the harvesters. Has anyone tried sowing that seed with the SSC?

There wont be 2000 collections though as there won't be anywhere near that number travelling. I would say around 800. Saying that I expect all 2000 to sell.

They have done 100% pick ups before for a lot more than 2000 anyway.

Edited by tartanpar

Hoping it will be 100% pick up as there only 2000 allocation and gaurentee at least 400 will be snapped up by harvesters which could leave some people that have forked out a small fortune will miss out on an official point

This game i hope it is pick up to which i am sure it will be as it would be easy to buy a ticket for this game at £3 and not go and pick up a point. Hope SFA have pick up point and anyone who dosent pick up there ticket in person dosent get a point, be to many folk that will chance it buying one for this game and unfair to fans who spend money travelling

This game i hope it is pick up to which i am sure it will be as it would be easy to buy a ticket for this game at £3 and not go and pick up a point. Hope SFA have pick up point and anyone who dosent pick up there ticket in person dosent get a point, be to many folk that will chance it buying one for this game and unfair to fans who spend money travelling

Hopefully they have learnt from Skopje a couple of years back where they sold 1700 and there was clearly less than 1,000 there at the game.

Hopefully they have learnt from Skopje a couple of years back where they sold 1700 and there was clearly less than 1,000 there at the game.

Hopefully mate, i am not going to the game just too much money for the flights for literally lucky get a day in the place. Just think there will be a lot folk chancing buying a ticket and not going. Hope SFA insist on pick up to ensure folk arent getting a point if they are not genuinely travelling.

I reckon it was therefore 10GEL a ticket so we're being swindled out of 15-20p :yikes3:

Multiply that by 2000 and it all adds up

Hardly the £2.50 odd that Norway was years ago ("oh, but that was the exchange rate when we purchased the tickets three months ago" :-)) )

Whats the liklihood of non SSC members getting tickets for this one in the official away allocation?

If 2000 tickets have been allocated and say 1500 take up tickets will 500 go on public sale or be returned?

I have been to 4 away games so far without applying through SSC and wondered what the liklihood would be of getting a ticket in away end this time.

Whats the liklihood of non SSC members getting tickets for this one in the official away allocation?

If 2000 tickets have been allocated and say 1500 take up tickets will 500 go on public sale or be returned?

I have been to 4 away games so far without applying through SSC and wondered what the liklihood would be of getting a ticket in away end this time.

They will return the tickets. They won't have a public sale.

2000 tickets is less than 4% of capacity is it not? Fair play on the pricing, but it's a poor allocation.

The ssc had a poll asking members if they were intending to travel. 1600 replied to say they were. The sfa probably only asked for 2000 tickets as that is plenty to satisfy everyone travelling.

I am sure if the 2000 sell out the ssc will be able to get some more.