Ian Cathro - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Don't think he'll be the Rangers manager. His press statement says something along the lines of "looking forward to a new coaching roll and maybe management further down the line". Also says the decision was made some time ago.

Don't think he'll be the Rangers manager. His press statement says something along the lines of "looking forward to a new coaching roll and maybe management further down the line". Also says the decision was made some time ago.

Pity. He'd be the best choice under a Director of Football to let him just get on with developing players.

I'll keep dreaming until such times as the new manager is announced.

Do you think these guys would go to rangers if Cathro was boss? Is that the point your trying to make?

I think he's saying that he would develop and bring through young players at Ibrox who would be of the quality of boys like Gauld etc. Not that they'd sign for us over Sporting Lisbon.

I don't think Rangers have or ever will have the patience for a youth system such as Cathro would build. I remember the main reason Jim McLean gave for knocking back the Rangers job was that they demand instant success and he wanted to build his own team of young boys his own way.

I don't think they've changed.

Do you think these guys would go to rangers if Cathro was boss? Is that the point your trying to make?

I don't see how anyone would come to that conclusion after reading what he was said, is quite obvious he was suggesting Cathro blooding a lot of Scottish talent at Rangers would be beneficial for Scotland in the long run, but hey ho.

I don't see how anyone would come to that conclusion after reading what he was said, is quite obvious he was suggesting Cathro blooding a lot of Scottish talent at Rangers would be beneficial for Scotland in the long run, but hey ho.

I know :wtf: