Weather - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything being forecast for now is at the best, guess work. A lot can change between now and then. And your BBC's and Accuweather's are a bag of sh!te in forecasting terms.

I swear by this site

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/sandymount_beach

Use it for festivals, holidays etc, its usually spot on. At Wickerman a couple of years ago we had a scorching Saturday but Windfinder had rain forecast for midnight Saturday onwards. I told a few folk it would rain later, no one believed, rained actually rolled in at 11pm. It also got the weather for a 5 day trip to Washington spot on as well just recently.

My mate, a captain in the Merchant Navy, recommended it to me. He uses it on ship to decide whether to take ships out to sea or not, swears by its accuracy.

Start checking the above from about Wed/Thur next week to give what should be a good indication of Friday/Saturdays weather.

Speaking to a friend in Dublin over the weekend, and she was saying all the weather folk in Ireland are saying long range forecast is to be very good for next week :ok:

Anything beyond 3 days I take with a pinch of salt though.... Last week reports were we were suppose to be getting record highs this week, and instead we got snow in some places :-))

The Weather Channel Sat 13. Jun

12.png

14°High

9° Overnight Low

Rain

Chance of Rain 80% Wind N at 12 mph
Humidity 78% UV index 3 - Moderate Snowfall 0 cm Sunrise 04:57 Sunset 21:54 Moonrise 03:21 Moonset 18:09 Moon Phase Waning Crescent

Morning showers. Highs 15 to 17C and lows 9 to 11C.

• Collapse Details

From the Irish Meteorological website

"

Weekend: Currently there are indications that a low pressure system may develop over the Irish Sea on Saturday bringing cloudier conditions and showery outbreaks of rain. But a nearby high pressure system looks to re-establish over the country on Sunday. Temperatures in the mid- to high teens with light to moderate northeasterly winds."

Did you hear about the dyslexic gay? He was still in Daniel......