Carmichael Admits Sturgeon Memo Leak - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Carmichael Admits Sturgeon Memo Leak

I know Islay Circles; in a roundabout sort of way.

He is a bad man - a liar and a fraud. He leaked a memo in an attempt to smear the First Minister of Scotland whilst he was the Secretary of State of Scotland. He then ordered an inquiry into something he knew full well he was the guilty party. Not only is he a 'bad' man he is a dangerous man trying to subvert democracy.

At a time of 'austerity', he also cost the taxpayer £1.4 million, what would that have bought needy people?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could totally imagine a Libdem before being in govt calling for resignation of the MP.

Suspect just shows the visceral hatred of SNP. I never minded Charles Kennedy, who once rescued my wallet at Heathrow, or likes of Vince Cable or Simon Hughes.

Carmichael however is a grade a cockwomble. Can we get a 57th MP please.

Edited by jockodile

The press should be investigating whether or not his deputy, David mundell, knew anything about the leak. If he knew too, he should also resign.

I don't suppose anyone told Ian Murray? Maybe too much to hope for...

The press should be investigating whether or not his deputy, David mundell, knew anything about the leak. If he knew too, he should also resign.

I don't suppose anyone told Ian Murray? Maybe too much to hope for...

Wonder if things would have been different if Murray said he would rather have rangers than hibs in SPL

THIS is why people should have voted Yes and should be ASHAMED of having voted No. This is no surprise, we KNOW this is how they behave.

Unionists are untouchable, they can say what the fk they want without fear of consequence. They can lie through their fking teeth, deliberately and get away with it.

Fabricating a story in order to manipulate the voting in a general election and then deliberately LYING about it is just utterly disgraceful and he SHOULD pay with his job. But he's a unionist, they can do and say what the fk they want. Imagine if this came from the SNP? the reaction would be off the scale.

He says if he was still a minister he'd have resigned, so being a lying shitebag is acceptable conduct for an MP but not a government minister?no two ways about it, he has to resign or he should be sacked by his party.

Fkin ragin about this.

Tartan Docs: Can anyone force him to resign over this ?

Aye. Tavish Scott Libdem Constituency MSP for Orkney & Liam MacArthur Libden Constituency MSP for Shetland.

They are the last two Constituency/FPTP Libdem MSPs left. What do they think their chances of re-election in 2016 will be if Carmichael insists on staying ? Orkney & Shetland Libdem backlash ? You bet ! :wink2:

The fker should be sacked by his party. It's an out and out fking disgrace that he thinks it's ok to lie in order to manipulate voters & voting intention in a general election and then allow an investigation to take place at great cost to the tax payer whilst knowing it would find him guilty anyway.

Out and out disgrace.

Guest flumax

doing that would mean they have 12.5% less mp's

surely they'll win any by election.coordinate Unionist support. Get the likes of Alexander or Charlie back in

surely they'll win any by election.coordinate Unionist support. Get the likes of Alexander or Charlie back in

Co-ordinating Unionist support is one thing, but I doubt that the electorate of Orkney and Shetland would look favourably on a carpetbagger, regardless of how high a profile he/she might have.

Co-ordinating Unionist support is one thing, but I doubt that the electorate of Orkney and Shetland would look favourably on a carpetbagger, regardless of how high a profile he/she might have.

Conversely, I think there is a contrarian side to them up there that won't appreciate the MP they elected being forced out by folk from elsewhere.

Conversely, I think there is a contrarian side to them up there that won't appreciate the MP they elected being forced out by folk from elsewhere.

I think if Carmichael resigns it will be because of pressure locally rather than nationally. I'd be really interested to know what Tavish Scott and Liam McArthur's views are right now. If he doesn't go then they'll be the ones that pay the price next year.

I don't see how the FIb Dems can do any sort of rebuilding with Carmichael in place.

I think if Carmichael resigns it will be because of pressure locally rather than nationally. I'd be really interested to know what Tavish Scott and Liam McArthur's views are right now. If he doesn't go then they'll be the ones that pay the price next year.

I don't see how the Lib Dems can do any sort of rebuilding with Carmichael in place.

I think there's a massive problem with Lib Dem integrity. Many voters deserted them when they got into bed with the Tories. There's a major issue of trust which certainly north of the border will be brought up at every opportunity

I don't see how the FIb Dems can do any sort of rebuilding with Carmichael in place.

Possibly. I have a friend who is a solicitor in Kirkwall, a member of the Lib Dems, and who is friendly with Carmichael through both the party and professionally. Understandably he is a bit conflicted I think but ultimately feels Carmichael should resign, but at the same time feels pressure nationally may lead to the wagons being circled around Carmichael locally.

In most cases people do deserve a second chance, but this is not one of them. The attempted smear, the lies, the continuation of the pretence to ensure reelection, the massive cost to the taxpayer, and coming clean only when he knew he was caught. The man is a coward, a liar and a fraud.

Can anybody force him to re-sign over this?

Yes , the Herald said today that IF he get s suspended for ten days then 20% of his constituency need to ask for a recall, and he has to stand again..

Will find the exact rules...

Here ya go

Section 16 of the Code says MPs "shall never undertake any action which would cause significant damage to the reputation and integrity of the House of Commons as a whole, or of its Members generally".

Any MP who breaches the code and is suspended by the Commons for 10 sitting days then faces a by-election if 10 per cent of their constituents sign a recall petition

I think he will get away with it because Nicola isnt a member of the house of commons... its only the 1st minister of Scotland who was libeled...not a precious MP.....

Edited by stocky

He lied. Several times. He cost the taxpayer quite deliberately about £1.4 million.....because he LIED.

I'd have thought jail was appropriate... resign ? ffs lock the bastird up.

And for his party apologists? I fekkin despair.

Edited by mariokempes56