Leaked Memo - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Guest flumax

331ew44.jpg

Their server has crashed. Obviously due to the amount of people trying to sign this petition.

2412 signed so far all other "recent" petitions are in the tens

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lib Dems don't sack people for groping women, donating millions in embezzled funds, or doing whatever Lord Janner did to vulnerable boys.

So a small matter like leaking lies to the Telegraph against the nats is neither here nor there. He is with us till 2020. (Though unlike Paddy Ashdown, I am not offering to eat my hat over that prediction.)

Highly doubtful the inquiry cost £1.4million.

Anyways, I'll be surprised if he manages to hang on:

1. Leak is enough for him to resign a cabinet post had he still been in government.

2. Doing so during an election campaign makes it even worse.

3. Implicating a foreign diplomat worse still.

4. Smearing the First Minister of Scotland while Secretary of State for Scotland worse again.

5. Lying opening on the record that he knew nothing of the leaked memo makes him a total c**t.

He can't remain an MP after all that. I know the bar is low but surely the Standards of Conduct for an MP will have a hard time justifying all of the above as acceptable.

The Lib Dems don't sack people for groping women, donating millions in embezzled funds, or doing whatever Lord Janner did to vulnerable boys.

So a small matter like leaking lies to the Telegraph against the nats is neither here nor there. He is with us till 2020. (Though unlike Paddy Ashdown, I am not offering to eat my hat over that prediction.)

Greville Janner is Labour. Cyril Smith is your Lib Dem nonce of the day.

He has to be one of the most obnoxious politicians around

I could write loads more but he doesn't seem worth the effort. ..

First rate Wanchor

Shetland Times are running a vote on whether Carmichael should resign.

Currently at 94% yes he should.....

http://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2015/05/22/carmichael-accepts-full-responsibility-for-memo-leak

His handwriting is awful...

_83174913_letter.jpg

How come, if he says the details of the account are not correct, that the inquiry (Heywood?) implies the civil servant's account was correct?

It minimises the damage, by admitting only what we already knew (that there was a leak) but not that there was fabrication which would be more serious to admit. It saves the civil servant's skin while hanging the minister and 'spad' out to dry?

Edited by exile

Eh ? So have they resigned / been sacked ? Lying (several times) in the course of a general election, breach of umpteen CS rules no doubt.

FFS in most jobs that us mere plebs have that would be a walking offence.

You have to remember that politicians have different values and work to different rules to us plebs.

The more I think about it the more i begin to rage a bit. Knowing it was him and then pissing £1.4 million on an inquiry then just going "my bad". That's without considering the Scottish Office working to undermine the First Minister of Scotland during an Election. Also the suspicion by people like me that the neutrality of the Civil Service is becoming more compromised in any SNP related Issue.

£1.4 million?

Is there any reaction from the other (non SP) parties?

Are the LibDems supporting him or condemning him?

Are the Tories and Labour not demanding an easy scalp?

Or are they too embarrassed for having helped spread the leak?

Are the Tories and Labour not demanding an easy scalp?

Or are they too embarrassed for having helped spread the leak?

Leibour and the Toories wouldn't want another SNP MP..

Caron Lindsay is the editor of 'Liberal Democrat Voice'

@caronmlindsay: To all SNP types wanting Carmichael to resign, reflect on fact that Campbell Gunn & Alex Salmond are still in jobs. http://t.co/ISuG7djJll

(Referencing Claire Lally, in case any of you have forgotten the time that the SNP used their positions to undermine ordinary/not at all political/or a Labour Party policy maker/normal mum Claire Lally)

The Unionists are going to play the whataboutery card big time here.

Of course, none of their childish accusations against the SNP mean diddly squat. Carmichael was a minister of State, and he abused his position to spread a deliberate lie about the First Minister of Scotland.....he then denied doing it and continued the lie until after the GE.

His career is finished. He can resign now as an MP and hold onto an ounce of dignity, or he can cling on like a coward for the next 4 years until he's pushed out.

I've no doubt at all what course he'll take.