Raheem Sterling - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

when souness got rid of too many experienced players all at the same time Liverpool have never been the team they once were (sad to say)

they have had the odd decent season but nothing sustainable like the 70s and 80s

players were always replaced with equal or better ability but this hasn't happened in the last 25yrs

sterling is a good player but not as good as he thinks. I would sell him for the money they are talking about

if he does go to arsenal or city it just shows how far they have fallen as you don't sell to your rivals when you are trying to achieve a champions league spot

achieve a champions league spot sounds stupid as Liverpool used to be all about winning the league.

4th spot is all they can hope for these days (sad times indeed)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the boy wants to play for a big club, thats not liverpool these days

You have to be good to play for a big team. As the majority have said he is vastly over rated. Decent enough player but nowhere near what he or the media seem to think.

Aye he's not very good that boy Sterling :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWvaiaWssw

You can take anyone's good bits and put them in a video. He has talent but he is very over rated, there are games where he goes missing completely and to play at the top and for the best teams you have to be consistently good. At this stage he isn't and to demand so much !money at a young age is the height of bawbagery.

You can take anyone's good bits and put them in a video. He has talent but he is very over rated, there are games where he goes missing completely and to play at the top and for the best teams you have to be consistently good. At this stage he isn't and to demand so much !money at a young age is the height of bawbagery.

:ok:

Nah. There's no such thing as a Spectrum ZX81.

RB says he's thinks a ZX81 would make a sound while loading, I personally hae ma doots.

Zx81 could save to tape so stands to reason you could load from it too. At least that's my memory of it.

You could just Wiki or Google it to check?

Liverpool aren't top dogs anymore and their fans are going to have to accept that. They had their time at the top in the 70's and 80's whereby they could have first pick of the best players (Barnes, Beardsley, etc.), but nowadays they're behind Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Man Utd in the pecking order. Until that changes, I don't think Liverpool will be able to attract or retain the very best players.

Sterling obviously thinks that he needs to move elsewhere in order to have a chance of winning the EPL and playing regular CL football, and I wouldn't disagree with him about that. I don't think Liverpool will win the league or finish in the top four next season. Whether Sterling is good enough to get a regular game at the likes of Man City and Chelsea, I'm not sure, but that's something he will have to consider before forcing through a move. It might turn out great for him, or it might be a mistake. Only time will tell on that one.

he also stated that it was nothing to do with cash ,so if

He goes to man city who are offering to pay him £200grand a week will he just accept

Half and give the rest to charridee ?

Don't think so ya greedy wee shite.

Would you knock it back? Doesn't make you greedy to accept whatever anyone is Willing to pay you

Greedy little runt i would stick him in the reserves or in fact just sell him because his head has been turned and he doesnt want to play for the reds any more.

Nope it isnt. Sterling might be an aggravating cocky little scrote but if it was your son at Liverpool and not overly fussed with the place and Man city came along and said "fancy 200k a week ?" for the next five years and champions league football instead of 100k and scrapping for 5th with spurs for the next 5 years, I think I know what youd say !! And anyway what has age got to do with anything if you are good enough at 20 you should be paid the going rate, we might both agree that the going rate is too much but you cant blame the footballers for taking whats currently on offer

Edited by Nobby

Nope it isnt. Sterling might be an aggravating cocky little scrote but if it was your son at Liverpool and not overly fussed with the place and Man city came along and said "fancy 200k a week ?" for the next five years and champions league football instead of 100k and scrapping for 5th with spurs for the next 5 years, I think I know what youd say !! And anyway what has age got to do with anything if you are good enough at 20 you should be paid the going rate, we might both agree that the going rate is too much but you cant blame the footballers for taking whats currently on offer

Yppu said it yourself, if he is good enough, the majority would agree he isn't good enough to be demanding anywhere near that. If it was my son I would try and be realistic and keep him grounded so he didn't look like a #####. He's 20 and so so in consistent, to demand a huge wage like he is makes him a bawbag. Sorry but that's how it is, over rated and unfortunately for him, he believes the hype. Needs put in his place.

Yppu said it yourself, if he is good enough, the majority would agree he isn't good enough to be demanding anywhere near that. If it was my son I would try and be realistic and keep him grounded so he didn't look like a person. He's 20 and so so in consistent, to demand a huge wage like he is makes him a bawbag. Sorry but that's how it is, over rated and unfortunately for him, he believes the hype. Needs put in his place.

Spot on.

He's nowhere as good as he thinks he is and as some people are (mistakenly) telling him he is.

I'd far rather my son played for Liverpool at 20 on 100k a week where I knew he'd be looked after and his career development was in good hands than moving to a club like City or Chelsea for double that where he'd be thrown to the wolves the minute he showed a dip in form and nobody gave two shits about his long term career prospects.

Once he's matured as a footballer and as a person and cemented his long term career prospects into something tangible then he'll be in a position to make whatever demands he wants. For now he'd be much better advised to stay where he is and learn his trade a bit more.

Yppu said it yourself, if he is good enough, the majority would agree he isn't good enough to be demanding anywhere near that. If it was my son I would try and be realistic and keep him grounded so he didn't look like a person. He's 20 and so so in consistent, to demand a huge wage like he is makes him a bawbag. Sorry but that's how it is, over rated and unfortunately for him, he believes the hype. Needs put in his place.

What the majority think in this case is irrelavent, and whilst i agree with you about his talent, if the press are to be believed Man City, Man utd and Arsenal disagree with us. As for what he wants as a wage if he knows that he will get it elsewhere he would be pretty stupid not to ask for parity to stay where he is. Most footballers owe their clubs zero loyalty which is what most clubs show to the overwhelming majority of their youth players. It always amazes me that just because they pay them a shed load of money they get all upset when the players move for even more.

What the majority think in this case is irrelavent, and whilst i agree with you about his talent, if the press are to be believed Man City, Man utd and Arsenal disagree with us. As for what he wants as a wage if he knows that he will get it elsewhere he would be pretty stupid not to ask for parity to stay where he is. Most footballers owe their clubs zero loyalty which is what most clubs show to the overwhelming majority of their youth players. It always amazes me that just because they pay them a shed load of money they get all upset when the players move for even more.

Correct. Liverpool didn't mind taking him from QPR at 15.

It won't just be about money as well, Liverpool aren't great at the moment and based on their recent record in the transfer market won't be getting much better anytime soon, seems reasonable he might want to join a better team if they want him

Spot on.

He's nowhere as good as he thinks he is and as some people are (mistakenly) telling him he is.

I'd far rather my son played for Liverpool at 20 on 100k a week where I knew he'd be looked after and his career development was in good hands than moving to a club like City or Chelsea for double that where he'd be thrown to the wolves the minute he showed a dip in form and nobody gave two shits about his long term career prospects.

Once he's matured as a footballer and as a person and cemented his long term career prospects into something tangible then he'll be in a position to make whatever demands he wants. For now he'd be much better advised to stay where he is and learn his trade a bit more.

So city or chelski buy him for 45m and 200k a week on a five year contract and they dont give a monkeys about his long term career prospects !! Nah not buying it

Sterling's agent Aidy Ward has now re-entered the foray saying that

1. His client will not be signing a contract even if it's £1m/weeek
  2. Jamie Carragher is 'a knob' for saying his client should concentrate on playing football

Ward seems like a great chap. Methinks he may be over-influencing his client here so that he can get a big commission on the transfer fee.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raheem-sterling-agent-aidy-ward-9302569

No suprise that Ward's other high profile client, Berahino, has also become unsettled in recent months, just as Ward is poised to branch out on his own and set up his own agency.

I'd suspect that Liverpool probably regret briefing the press that Sterling had been offered £100k/week and still wasn't signing.

If they'd kept their mouths shut and not tried to force him in to something, they'd have had a better chance of keeping him.

Was he not demanding something like £150-175k a week to sign with a whole load of add one and bonuses. For me there is a difference between being offered a big wage and holding a club to ransom for a big wage. If he was not worried about the money then accepting the offer or even trying for a wee bit more would have been fine but it seems he expects to be paid the same if not more than senior more experienced players. Someone mentioned Rooney and man u but Rooney had proven himself and was a senior player in the utd team when he got his mega wage

Why should someone who's equally adept at his job be paid less than someone else, just because they are younger?

Experience.

That applies in real life too.

(You could argue its less important in football)

Edited as I re-read what you said.

If they are equal then they should be paid the same.

Edited by sbcmfc