Messi V Ronaldo - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Messi more of a team player?

(Ronaldo perhaps trying to rid himself of his poor team player rep, passed a couple of times on Wednesday when he shouldve gone himself!)

I think Ronaldo has everything physically, but he's just not Messi.

Ronaldo is just a machine though. Apparently he could play another 300 games for Madrid, score 14 and have a similar record to Raul.

But in terms of honours Raul is way ahead of Ronaldo, it's not even close.

I read a stat the other day that said that since joining Real Madrid, Ronaldo has a goal scoring record of at least a goal every other game against *every* team he has played against

When I was a boy it was Gabriel Batistuta that was all the rage. Khunts used to fight each other for the right to "be" him when playing world cuppy. No one ever fought me for the right to be Ally Mitchell :D

To the topic at hand, Messi is untouchable.

Supposedly, it drives Ronaldo up the wall that folk compare him to Messi, but compare Messi to Pele & Maradona.

It must be frustrating to be as good as Ronaldo but constantly have Messi's shadow looming over him. Almost no matter what he does people go away and see what Messi has been up to before commenting.

It must be frustrating to be as good as Ronaldo but constantly have Messi's shadow looming over him. Almost no matter what he does people go away and see what Messi has been up to before commenting.

Yeah, I don't know how he gets through each day.