Transfer Rumours - Page 39 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Again they key for me, or at least my understanding of it, was that King's funding was on offer if it was required. At the moment it doesn't look like it is so there's no need for him to throw money in for no reason. He recently invested £1.5M which was matched by Letham, Park and.....the other guy whose name I forget! If we get to a situation where the club requires further emergency funding and King refuses to stump up or Hibs ask for £500K for Allan (for example) and he says we can't afford it then I'll be the first to condemn him but at the moment his funding seems proportionate with what the club requires.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but at the moment his funding seems proportionate with what the club requires.

But completely different from what he said to all the Rangers fans on his side...

I'm not sure where King is supposed to have said that he would spend £10 million or whatever, the point is that it shouldn't need anything like that to get promotion. I think most Rangers fans welcome the approach of Warburton so far, we're not payign silly money for anyone, the age profile of players being signed has dropped dramatically and hopefully the new signings will want to prove themselves whereas some of the ones signed under previosu regimes just seemed to be looking for one last big pay day.

I'm fed up having to tell you every time Dave King lies or contradicts himself, to be honest. Pretty sure i've linked to you before an article where King states that Rangers require upwards of £20million and that he'd stump up half of that himself. I can't be arsed finding it again.

And (even if he said that) did he put a time frame on that?

Not quite sure how he has contradicted himself... Happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by bruce778

Feck me. Have the Men in Black visited Rangers fans on here and wiped their memories?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32832070

Dave King expects to invest "more than £20m" of his own money in Rangers after reiterating that £30m is required for the club to compete at the top level.

King, who will take over as chairman on Friday, has supplied £1.5m for working capital "in recent days".

"It is really going to depend on meeting the objectives of the club," said King of his personal funding.

"I've already lost £20m [through prior investments in Rangers]. I'm expecting to invest more than that."

Apologies accepted :ok:

Feck me. Have the Men in Black visited Rangers fans on here and wiped their memories?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32832070

Dave King expects to invest "more than £20m" of his own money in Rangers after reiterating that £30m is required for the club to compete at the top level.

King, who will take over as chairman on Friday, has supplied £1.5m for working capital "in recent days".

"It is really going to depend on meeting the objectives of the club," said King of his personal funding.

"I've already lost £20m [through prior investments in Rangers]. I'm expecting to invest more than that."

Apologies accepted :ok:

You said he had lied and contradicted himself. I don't see anything in that article to support that view.

You said he had lied and contradicted himself. I don't see anything in that article to support that view.

I've highlighted many example of his lies before. Go read back at our discussions in the Rangers in Crisis thread.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I've highlighted many example of his lies before. Go read back at our discussions in the Rangers in Crisis thread.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I think at best he's made misleading comments about his planned investment, at worst downright lies.

He didn't put any timescale on spending "more than £20 million".

Seems to get an easy ride from the tabloids who are happy to take the sound bites he gives them without question.

Is there not a lot of investment needing done off the park? Scouting and ground maintenance were 2 big ones that I've heard about.

But completely different from what he said to all the Rangers fans on his side...

The £20m investment he spoke of was actually £30m and it was before we knew our fate at the end of last season and before even a new management team was in place. In fact just noticed you posted the article as well. If you read further down it talks of required investment to get back competing with Celtic if/when we get back to the top flight.

He has made further statements on this as well in a letter to season ticket holders if anyone is interested. It's readily available but I've copied a couple of points from it. This was about 3-4 weeks after that BBC article.

For the record my position on this has never changed. The jury is still out on Dave King for many fans but he continues to say the right things. I said I would give him a chance and wait and see what actions he took before judging. In terms of the playing side, no more irresponsible spending and getting a management team in place that are looking to build, not only a team that can compete, but also look at the entire infrastructure of the backroom approach would be my priorities. So far I'm happy that measures are in place to tackle both. None of us can say how this will all pan out, and that goes for Mark Warburton, the new signings or Dave King's personal involvement. And of course we still have the small matter of Sports Direct/Mike Ashley to sort out. All I can say is that I feel more positive about things than I have done over the last 3 years.

“I do not believe we should talk in exact numbers because we do not know precisely how much it will cost to rebuild and restore this wonderful club,” writes King in the season ticket renewal letter. “The required funding for this new season alone could change significantly depending on how discussions with our retail partners are concluded.

“We have to spend immediately to rebuild the football staff at all levels but we can’t say for certain how much it will cost to forge a team to win the Championship. What I can say, however, is that if I and other investors have to put in an extra £5m for this season that’s what we’ll do. If it requires more, for instance £10m, so be it.

Edited by Angus_Young

The only "lie" that I'm aware of his about turn on the outcome of his fit and proper. At the outset he said he would invest regardless and then once he was passed he said it was dependent on him passing. It seemed a strange lie to tell given that he had just passed so was still in the position of "having to" invest. Parkie, while there may other lies and mistruths floating about that article you posted isn't one of them. He didn't say he was going to invest the 20M a week on Tuesday, just that he was going to do it to make us competitive.

I'm warming more and more to Kilmarnock each day. Fancy taking Bell back too? I'll throw in Dean Shiels as well!

As a Killie fan I really do wonder what is going on. Apart from Boyd I didn't want any of the rangers rejects. These are guys who couldn't kick a ball in a lower division, yet they are deemed the answety to our problems, makes no sense at all.

As a Killie fan I really do wonder what is going on. Apart from Boyd I didn't want any of the rangers rejects. These are guys who couldn't kick a ball in a lower division, yet they are deemed the answety to our problems, makes no sense at all.

I think Stevie Smith will do a turn for you if played at left back.

I'd argue that they didn't kick a ball in a lower division rather than couldn't kick a ball, some of them were decent players who were poorly managed.

Did King put a timescale on this investment? Because I think it'd be pretty stupid to spunk £30m to get out of the championship, that's even if you take Parklife's simplistic view that the investment is simply in the first team transfer pot. Surely if and when Rangers do get promoted, it'd be reasonable to expect the investment to be proportionate to what the club want to achieve, which is probably significant investment in the first team, presumably next season.

as much as I'm happy to see the back of these players, i think it would be worth you giving them a chance. Quite a few players came to Rangers and went backwards. I would put that down to the management that was in place.

Did King put a timescale on this investment? Because I think it'd be pretty stupid to spunk £30m to get out of the championship, that's even if you take Parklife's simplistic view that the investment is simply in the first team transfer pot. Surely if and when Rangers do get promoted, it'd be reasonable to expect the investment to be proportionate to what the club want to achieve, which is probably significant investment in the first team, presumably next season.

Hopefully next season........However King also highlighted that thee will need to be investment in the stadium which is starting to look very shabby.

Hopefully next season........However King also highlighted that thee will need to be investment in the stadium which is starting to look very shabby.

Not to go too far off on a tangent, but did parkhead not get all the work out the front done by the council for the commonwealth games? I presume the work on the north stand at Hampden too. Did Ibrox not get any investment to host the rugby?

as much as I'm happy to see the back of these players, i think it would be worth you giving them a chance. Quite a few players came to Rangers and went backwards. I would put that down to the management that was in place.

Hope you and Larky are right. Zaliukas is an international centre half and still only 31. Given the state of Killie's defence last year surely he would fit in?...

Not to go too far off on a tangent, but did parkhead not get all the work out the front done by the council for the commonwealth games? I presume the work on the north stand at Hampden too. Did Ibrox not get any investment to host the rugby?

If it did it wouldn't have been enough to fix several years of neglect.

oh, getting tempting, apparently they have now upped it to £250k on the never, never.

Hibs would derive no benefit in selling Allan unless it was silly money being offered. It would actually be better for Allan to sit on the sidelines in a huff than allow him to play for them. Maybe these joke offers are designed to exactly do that.

even if you take Parklife's simplistic view that the investment is simply in the first team transfer pot.

That wasn't my view, in fact, you just made that up.

I wasn't expecting King to be investing in the team hugely. I was expecting him to invest in infrastructure, which we're always hearing is needing major investment.

Crack-on with making up things and attributing them to me though :ok: