Transfer Rumours - Page 49 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine if the Internet had been invented when Mo Johnston signed for Rangers!

:lol:

I was in work when that happened and I've never heard as many phones going off at the one time in my life but there was a internet of sort it just wasn't very accessible.

Edited by Larky Masher

My wife phoned me at my work to tell me and I told her she was havering. Had to apologise big style when I got in that night. ?

I seem to remember being off school (I was 11 or 12 at the time) and it coming on the TV as a newsflash. I recall dancing about my living room delighted that Rangers had just signed Scotland's best striker at the time completely oblivious to all the other shite that went with it. The innocence of youth!!

Looks like Bruce doesn't know what "vitrol" actually means. :lol:

If you're going to make a big deal about a word it helps if you can spell it...

Are people on here actually denying rangers are a much bigger club than hibs? Delusional.

If you're going to make a big deal about a word it helps if you can spell it...

Are people on here actually denying rangers are a much bigger club than hibs? Delusional.

HIBS

League winners: 1902–03, 1947–48, 1950–51, 1951–52

2nd league winners: 1893–94, 1894–95, 1932–33, 1980–81, 1998–99

Scottish Cup: 1886–87, 1901–02

League Cup: 1972–73, 1991–92, 2006–07

RANGERS

4th tier winners: 2012-13

3rd tier winners: 2013-14

and....... that's it

HIBS

League winners: 190203, 194748, 195051, 195152

2nd league winners: 189394, 189495, 193233, 198081, 199899

Scottish Cup: 188687, 190102

League Cup: 197273, 199192, 200607

RANGERS

4th tier winners: 2012-13

3rd tier winners: 2013-14

and....... that's it

Be fair. They're more or less guaranteed to overcome their Challenge Cup hoodoo this season.

? Like the poor the 'Weearrapeepulllll!!!' zoomers are always with us. The Allan thing aside, I've been quite impressed with how Warburton has started at Rangers, their fans can probably look forward to an improvement on last season when they finished third in the second tier of Scottish football.

From what I've heard some of what is being said on social media about Allan is unacceptable. He does appear to have an over-inflated opinion of himself, and he has behaved unprofessionally in recent weeks, but keep a sense of perspective. Can understand why Hibs are digging in, but can't see how they come out of this stronger than they were before it started.

And people aren't really saying anything about the respective 'sizes' of the clubs, however you may choose to measure that.

People are saying its a sideways move - moving to a club in the same league, who finished below his current club in the league last year.

If he was wanting to move 'upwards' rather than sideways he'd join a team in the top league, or somewhere in the English Premiership, or Championship, or Raith Rovers...

And people aren't really saying anything about the respective 'sizes' of the clubs, however you may choose to measure that.

People are saying its a sideways move - moving to a club in the same league, who finished below his current club in the league last year.

If he was wanting to move 'upwards' rather than sideways he'd join a team in the top league, or somewhere in the English Premiership, or Championship, or Raith Rovers...

Yawn. Your patter's awful mate. Not wasting my time.

So it's all gone a wee bit quite on the Stevie May front. Aberdeen have confirmed an interest in him, albeit I think only a loan deal. Not sure about the Rangers stories and the c.£950k transfer bid (given the rumours they are cash strapped again and King apparently speaking to Ashley about more loans). Dundee Utd were also rumoured to be interested - I suspect they would have the cash.

However, I'm led to believe McInnes has an interest in two other strikers. The fact he's done nothing with respect to these two alternate options suggests he still thinks he has a chance of landing May..... Just a theory on my part and also 'cos there's not much else in terms of interesting transfer chat.

So it's all gone a wee bit quite on the Stevie May front. Aberdeen have confirmed an interest in him, albeit I think only a loan deal. Not sure about the Rangers stories and the c.£950k transfer bid (given the rumours they are cash strapped again and King apparently speaking to Ashley about more loans). Dundee Utd were also rumoured to be interested - I suspect they would have the cash.

However, I'm led to believe McInnes has an interest in two other strikers. The fact he's done nothing with respect to these two alternate options suggests he still thinks he has a chance of landing May..... Just a theory on my part and also 'cos there's not much else in terms of interesting transfer chat.

May would be a signing that gives us real depth in that position. Although part of me thinks it's wasted money...

We'll only play one striker - at present it's Rooney or Goodie. What does adding May in to that mix give us? Will he score more than Rooney? Doubtful. Is his hold-up/link-up play better than Goodies? Debateable. May would, in effect, be an amalgam of both. Would that really make us any better?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2507&dat=19890711&id=Qw01AAAAIBAJ&sjid=oKULAAAAIBAJ&pg=5286,2680408&hl=en

Herald article from the time contains some interesting comments:

From the Herald writer

"Demolishing any remaining notion they (Rangers) were Sectarian"

From the General Secretary of the Rangers Supporters' Association:

"I don't want to see a Roman Catholic at Ibrox. They have always stood for one thing...a True Blue Rangers team"

Some others were optimistic:

"If this is a breakthrough in Sectarianism, we welcome it."

"If this refers to the removal or relaxation of Sectarianism in Sport, it is to be welcomed"

"I am delighted that Rangers' Sectarian policy now seems to be dead. It had no place in Scottish football".

The infant Kirk Broadfoot unavailable for comment apparently, but sources say he'd be amazed if we don't have a much more progressive society in 26 years time as a direct consequence of MoJo joining RFC.