Transfer Rumours - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty certain that Odegaard will be going on loan, but my instinct tells me that it will be to a second division spanish side or one of the smaller Madrid sides in La Liga. If he did come to us i'd imagine he'd do ok in the SPL as I don't think there is much of a difference between ours and the Norwegian league but I am doubtful he would have an impact in Europe tbh.

I am pretty certain that Odegaard will be going on loan, but my instinct tells me that it will be to a second division spanish side or one of the smaller Madrid sides in La Liga. If he did come to us i'd imagine he'd do ok in the SPL as I don't think there is much of a difference between ours and the Norwegian league but I am doubtful he would have an impact in Europe tbh.

I'm torn on it. The boy is obviously a cracking player with lots of skill and trickery.

+ He could be exciting to watch

+ He could bring a bit of publicity to Celtic and the Scottish league

+ It would probably end any chance of McGeady being brought in

- We'd be helping to develop another clubs player

- It could hold back one of our own youth players

- He is still young so I'm not sure how much of an impact he'll actually have

- He plays in a position we already have lots of options for

McDonald was probably a wee bit earlier than I was thinking and I wouldn't class Samaras as a "striker" as such, same reason I left out Commons. In the last 5 years Celtic seem to having the same run of strikers we had under McLeish when we signed the likes of Jeffers, Ostendstad and Gayle!! Shudder.....

Difference is that we were relatively skint whereas Celtic haven't got that excuse.

Sounds like pish though, I'd imagine May and Ness would be on decent wages down South

Ness has struggled since leaving us. Think he was most recently on loan at Crewe. Looked a player when he first broke in to our team but seems to be made of chocolate and constantly injured.

Ness has been shipped out on loan a number of times since signing for Stoke.

May story has been doing the rounds since April, and number of reports McInnes made him his top target, but at best I suspected only a loan deal.

Edited by wanderer

Ness has been shipped out on loan a number of times since signing for Stoke.

May story has been doing the rounds since April, and number of reports McInnes made him his top target, but at best I suspected only a loan deal.

His burd is very Tom Tidy!

May will be on a small fortune down there. If he is coming back to Scotland on a permanent deal there is only one club that could afford to pay him and it's not Aberdeen.

That's probably true, but we've already signed Mark reynolds from Sheffield Wednesday, and I would imagine that both McGinn and Rooney took pay-cuts to join Aberdeen.

May might prefer game time and the chance to raise his profile again internationally, than warming the bench in the Championship ?

Is he really warming the bench tho? 26 starts hardly says he has been sidelined enough to jack it after one season. He was dropped after a barren run, as any striker should be

Ciftci now a done deal. 4 year contract.

The BBC are quoting the sale as £1.5m - that's a pretty good deal for Dundee United actually, don't think he's worth that