Mhairi Black - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Daily Record would be praising her to the heavens if she was a former Hutcheson's Grammar pupil and daughter of a wealthy Labour supporting businessman who had taken the Paisley and Renfrew North seat away from the dastardly SNP incumbent.

Snobbery and elitism is still alive and well today in the 21st Century.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ersatz - Iain McWhirter made a comment in the SH about the fourth estate (probably the Record in particular) mending fences with SNP voters. That would no doubt include decent pieces on the rise of our up and coming political stars, whatever their political persuasion.

Sadly, the hatred of all things SNP within the Record is too deep-rooted. They'd happily see her eaten alive, despite the fact that she is going in there to help her constituents in these soon to be treacherous times.

If you don't know just say that.

Maybe you missed the main reason why this thread is about her? At the age of 20 she managed to be selected as an SNP candidate and has just been elected as an MP. She is on 67K a year and will soon get an 11% pay rise if she chooses to accept it. I would say that is a fair achievement.

She has managed to do all that before she has even graduated, which is one thing she has in common with Jim Murphy. :wink2:

Maybe you missed the main reason why this thread is about her? At the age of 20 she managed to be selected as an SNP candidate and has just been elected as an MP. She is on 67K a year and will soon get an 11% pay rise if she chooses to accept it. I would say that is a fair achievement.

She has managed to do all that before she has even graduated, which is one thing she has in common with Jim Murphy. :wink2:

That's a comparison that will only last another month or so.

She's in this for all the right reasons. That's all anyone needs to concern themselves with. There will be plenty stuffed shirts in the Commons that sneer at her but I'm sure she'll acquit herself well enough.

Novelty value, the SNP could have chosen Al Murray as candidate and he'd have been elected.

Novelty value, the SNP could have chosen Al Murray as candidate and he'd have been elected.

Conplete nonsense. Not surprising from you though. Edited by Lamia

Even if Al Murray had wanted to stand for the SNP he probably wouldn't have got selected as a candidate. Getting selected as a candidate is an achievement in itself. You could try for it next time if you fancy a go.

Guest Extreme0

I have no idea why people are calling her terrifying, ugly or a man. It's almost like they never seen a women before till now.

She's preety to me though so maybe I'm biased in that matter.