Mhairi Black - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rule of thumb for remembering the difference between Phart and Scunnered. Phart is the clever one and Scunnered is....well.....the other one.

Phart's only problem is that he graduated from the Brian Clough school of debating.

Good lord! Having my intelligence questioned by the likes of you is seriously having me questioning life.

Scunnered got the looks i got the brains.

Tha... Hey! :(

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord! Having my intelligence questioned by the likes of you is seriously having me questioning life.

Tha... Hey! :(

Damn he was praising me to damn you, and i thought someone was finally realising my genius.

I actually know two real geniuses who both passed their undergraduates before they were 18 with first class and have phd's. the lassie who i met at a wedding this year was moved up 6 grades after they IQ tested her and she was off the charts. the guy who i went to uni with started straight into 2nd year physics at 14. So pretty hard to convince yourself you're that smart under these circumstances and travelling back from the same wedding in a car with 4 other folk and i was the only one without a phd.

Good lord! Having my intelligence questioned by the likes of you is seriously having me questioning life.:(

Glad to hear it. It's about time you started questioning your life. My free advice would be to add some happiness to it. It works for most people.

Katy would tell you that too. Once you're legally permitted to come within hearing distance of her obviously.

Damn he was praising me to damn you, and i thought someone was finally realising my genius.

I actually know two real geniuses who both passed their undergraduates before they were 18 with first class and have phd's. the lassie who i met at a wedding this year was moved up 6 grades after they IQ tested her and she was off the charts. the guy who i went to uni with started straight into 2nd year physics at 14. So pretty hard to convince yourself you're that smart under these circumstances and travelling back from the same wedding in a car with 4 other folk and i was the only one without a phd.

On the contrary Phart my post was completely sincere. It's only your inability to EVER see anyone else's viewpoint that lets you down. Like for example.....oh I don't know....hill climbing being manlier than World of Warcraft :-)

not that it makes any difference, but was surprised to see she was gay - SNP I think have highest representation of gay MP's anywhere in Europe

Where did you see that? I just assumed she was, based on her body language, but wasn't aware it was public. Not, like you say, it makes a blind bit of difference.

On the contrary Phart my post was completely sincere. It's only your inability to EVER see anyone else's viewpoint that lets you down. Like for example.....oh I don't know....hill climbing being manlier than World of Warcraft :-)

:-))

I just don't see how gender-based appraisal of activities is something that can be measured without actually having a metric for it. It's confusing opinion for fact. Now if your gender is based of your activities i would see how it makes sense.Do this activity become more manlier/man. Who knows though, maybe when you iron you start lactating and bleeding. For me activity has no affect on my gender.Do you starting to feel trapped in the wrong body round the house? Start putting on a few of the wives racy numbers on, till you come to your senses and need to walk up an incline till it stops then walk back down it again?

I'm not sure how toy measure manliness? Just cause i'm giving no credence to the view-point certain activities are "manlier" (whatever that means in this context, i suspect no one knows, so we're talking about soemthing non one knows the nature of) doesn't mean i don't give other ideas credence, in fact a quick look at the fox-hunting thread you'll see me doing it with Paris less than an hour ago.

I'm not commenting on what is manlier i'm contesting that activities affect gender, and i'm pretty sure i'll be right on this, regardless of seeing other view-points :-))

I've been

I've been invited by them to bring my wife and children to live with them and lots of other families at their big fortified farm compound :love:

What could possibly go wrong ?

Are there any foxes in the compound?

If so, can I come as well?

It's not exactly hard to get a PhD. I've even got one!!!

Although you wouldn't know it given the amount of pish I post on here.

xthe-pain-of-studying-PhD.jpg.pagespeed.

The SNP hordes descended on poor Patrick Harvie because the Greens don't agree with FFA... That was pretty culty.

What did you want them to do,carry him shoulder high down the royal mile and take him oot tae dinner.

Cmon scunnered get it the gither.

We never had wiki at uni, would have come in handy. You might be selling yourself short i'm pretty sure it's slightly difficult to get one.

I have 2 degrees and 4 letters after my name... I had to Google how to spell "putting" the other day. I had the correct spelling, but I was so convinced it was wrong and stared at it for so long I felt uncomfortable.

What did you want them to do,carry him shoulder high down the royal mile and take him oot tae dinner.

Cmon scunnered get it the gither.

was that the only two choices damn or exalt. That's pretty extreme behaviour.

Glad I'm not the only one gualadair :ok:

Perhaps these people could have asked him for his opinion on why he was against it, or perhaps just say "oh someone has a different opinion from me, instead of giving him abuse or carrying him on my shoulders i'll get on with my day"

Is Gualadair Gaelic for coommrraaddee now? If it is i was right in saying who was doing the swear filter on you.

Perhaps these people could have asked him for his opinion on why he was against it, or perhaps just say "oh someone has a different opinion from me, instead of giving him abuse or carrying him on my shoulders i'll get on with my day"

Is Gualadair Gaelic for coommrraaddee now? If it is i was right in saying who was doing the swear filter on you.

Coal miner I believe!

We never had wiki at uni, would have come in handy. You might be selling yourself short i'm pretty sure it's slightly difficult to get one.

Just like there is a technique to studying for exams, there is also a technique to writing a dissertation, whether it be for honours, msc, mphil or phd. but one thing that most theses have in common is that they are spouting a load of utter pish. It also helps having an alcoholic examiner who is just taking the fee for beer money and isn't really all that bothered about the content!!

I just don't see how gender-based appraisal of activities is something that can be measured without actually having a metric for it. It's confusing opinion for fact. Now if your gender is based of your activities i would see how it makes sense.Do this activity become more manlier/man. Who knows though, maybe when you iron you start lactating and bleeding. For me activity has no affect on my gender.Do you starting to feel trapped in the wrong body round the house? Start putting on a few of the wives racy numbers on, till you come to your senses and need to walk up an incline till it stops then walk back down it again?

I'm not sure how toy measure manliness? Just cause i'm giving no credence to the view-point certain activities are "manlier" (whatever that means in this context, i suspect no one knows, so we're talking about soemthing non one knows the nature of) doesn't mean i don't give other ideas credence, in fact a quick look at the fox-hunting thread you'll see me doing it with Paris less than an hour ago.

I'm not commenting on what is manlier i'm contesting that activities affect gender, and i'm pretty sure i'll be right on this, regardless of seeing other view-points :-))

Hold on a minute.....I'm starting to think you're realising that I don't really think hill climbing is manlier than WoW :-)

Oh and please check your posts for typos before submitting. Otherwise I'm going to start feeling a bit silly for calling you clever :-)

Just like there is a technique to studying for exams, there is also a technique to writing a dissertation, whether it be for honours, msc, mphil or phd. but one thing that most theses have in common is that they are spouting a load of utter pish. It also helps having an alcoholic examiner who is just taking the fee for beer money and isn't really all that bothered about the content!!

just phoned my mate to tell them this, "my viva was 4 1/2 hours" was the reply :-)):ok:

Oh and please check your posts for typos before submitting. Otherwise I'm going to start feeling a bit silly for calling you clever :-)

Don't worry that's the remnants of an almost decade long battle where people were using spelling mistakes or grammatical errors as substance for debate instead of the substance of what was said. So i started making deliberate mistakes and then it became a board thing where i'd debate someone they'd be losing so they'd go "least i can tell the difference between they're and their" then i would laugh as my point about style over substance would be proven everyday.

It stems from my thinking that "show" is more more instructive than "tell".

Don't worry that's the remnants of an almost decade long battle where people were using spelling mistakes or grammatical errors as substance for debate instead of the substance of what was said. So i started making deliberate mistakes and then it became a board thing where i'd debate someone they'd be losing so they'd go "least i can tell the difference between they're and their" then i would laugh as my point about style over substance would be proven everyday.

It stems from my thinking that "show" is more more instructive than "tell".

I hope you don't think that's what I was doing. I'd never stoop that low :-)