Tamb Voters In England & Wales - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb Voters In England & Wales

Plenty of discussion on here about the election in Scotland but what about for all you guys on the TAMB that are living in England and Wales ?

What are the important issues, local and national, for you and your family at this election ?

And who'll be brave enough to admit their voting Lib Dem ? :-))

Would also be really interesting to see constituency's and your thoughts on how it will go in your area :ok:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of discussion on here about the election in Scotland but what about for all you guys on the TAMB that are living in England and Wales ?

What are the important issues, local and national, for you and your family at this election ?

And who'll be brave enough to admit their voting Lib Dem ? :-))

Would also be really interesting to see constituency's and your thoughts on how it will go in your area :ok:

Sheffield Central, currently represented by Paul Blomfield (LAB), who won by 165 from the Lib Dem candidate I voted for in 2010 (doh).

He's a good constituency MP, and has done some admirable work including campaigning to have payday lenders regulated. Completely ignored me when I asked him about Trident on Twitter, although I'm guessing it's not much of an issue for most of his constituents.

I'll be voting Green, since Labour are pretty certain to win here anyway - I'd consider voting Labour if I thought they might lose it to the Tories or Lib Dems but that's not going to happen.

Labour for me in Withington (Manchester) - also encompassing Didsbury and Chorlton.

Gets rid of the LimpDummer, who only took the seat on lies about Labour closing the world-famous, Christie cancer hospital; followed bymore lies on tuition fees.

Very much a middle-class constituency - they think I'm the hired help - many who live here tend to have social consciences and haven't gone down the Tory route for more than 20 years.

If I lived 'up the road', I would most definitely vote SNP. I don't - so I can't. :D

Edited by Wibble

I'm in North Tyneside which is Labour and probably will be until the end of time.

I'm a floating voter - rarely voting the same way in 2 elections running - and just want one of the parties to give me a reason to vote for them. The only one to do that so far really is the Tories with their pledge to double child care provision. I'm not entirely comfortable with voting for them this time for some reason but no-one has given me a reason not to to be honest.

York Outer - currently a Tory seat and looking like staying that way, only competition really coming from Lib Dems. Stupid constituency though to be honest, a donut shape that surrounds the York Central (Labour) one.

Reckon I'll vote Greens though myself, for me it's between them and Labour in my area.

When I lived in England I kept my electoral address as Scotland as I always intended to return at some point. Was surprised to find my landlady had added me without my knowledge to the electoral roll, giving me two votes in a general election! (I never used the English one - safe Labour seat.)

I'm in Sheffield Hallam which is going to be a hell of a battle with the possibility of Clegg losing his seat.

Latest polls show Labour ahead on 30% with the Lib Dems 27% & the Tories on 19%

This is a massive turn round from the 2010 election when Lib Dems received 53% of the vote.

I'll be working on the elections as a Polling Station Inspector & on the Counts & Postal Votes so obviously cannot divulge that I'll be voting English Democrat oops :D

Joking joking.

Labour are projected to retain all the other seats in Sheffield with the Hallam constituency too close to call.

I live in Greystones & judging by the posters & boards around the area, the Labour candidate has got about 85% of visible support.

Chippenham (Wiltshire) and I will be voting Lib Dem.

Previous MP was Duncan Hames (a Liberal). The seat is a Tory v Lib Dem marginal and have wrestled with my decision.

Wanted to vote Green, but really need to keep the Tories out. Contrary to current belief I do think the LDs have diluted the Tories ability to wage right wing war (not by much I have to add), and have been battling my concience between punishing the Libs for their betrayal, and my belief that the less Tory MPs in the next Parliament is a good thing.

Bookies putting the new young tory candidate as favourite. She has a strong online presence, which is where I get my news from.

Have to say she's pretty easy on the eye, but won't be getting my vote.

https://www.conservatives.com/~/media/Images/Site%20Redesign/Profile%20Pictures/MICHELLE_DONOLAN_CHIPPENHAM.ashx

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I'm in North Tyneside which is Labour and probably will be until the end of time.

I'm a floating voter - rarely voting the same way in 2 elections running - and just want one of the parties to give me a reason to vote for them. The only one to do that so far really is the Tories with their pledge to double child care provision. I'm not entirely comfortable with voting for them this time for some reason but no-one has given me a reason not to to be honest.

They're a shower of self-interested, war-mongering, feed-the-rich-sell-the-poor evil bastards? There's a reason.

When I lived in England I kept my electoral address as Scotland as I always intended to return at some point. Was surprised to find my landlady had added me without my knowledge to the electoral roll, giving me two votes in a general election! (I never used the English one - safe Labour seat.)

Enjoy jail.

Chippenham (Wiltshire) and I will be voting Lib Dem.

Previous MP was Duncan Hames (a Liberal). The seat is a Tory v Lib Dem marginal and have wrestled with my decision.

Wanted to vote Green, but really need to keep the Tories out. Contrary to current belief I do think the LDs have diluted the Tories ability to wage right wing war (not by much I have to add), and have been battling my concience between punishing the Libs for their betrayal, and my belief that the less Tory MPs in the next Parliament is a good thing.

Bookies putting the new young tory candidate as favourite. She has a strong online presence, which is where I get my news from.

Have to say she's pretty easy on the eye, but won't be getting my vote.

https://www.conservatives.com/~/media/Images/Site%20Redesign/Profile%20Pictures/MICHELLE_DONOLAN_CHIPPENHAM.ashx

J

She hasn't even changed her boots after the hunt....

I moved to Newcastle last year but still have my house in Lytham St Annes (Fylde constituency) and I'm still registered there. One of safest tory seats in country . Last GE I voted Lib Dem - never again for the sell out khunts. Had a bit of fun with the council elections when the Lib Dems were canvassing ending up with the guy swearing at me.

Green fro me this time.

I'm in Milton Keynes South, both the MK seats are CON-LAB marginal, currently held by CON with a 5000+ majority

If you ever wondered where all the Scottish Tories went to, well we've got one here, Iain Stewart first dipped his Conservative toes into the political waters in the Scottish elections in 1999 (Glasgow Rutherglen) after which he swam south to waters better suited to him, finally winning the MK South seat in 2010 having lost to LAB in the previous 2 elections.

Probably a tactical LAB vote for me

What has surprised me is the sheer apathy around here, considering that this is a tight marginal seat, which at the last poll had LAB +2 ahead, I have seen no canvassing apart from a single letter from each candidate thru the post.