Any Modellers Out There? - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think thats it , also did specials on true vc exploits which were good.

I used to get those

And the Victor every week

It merged with Warlord though ; for those of you who were card carrying secret agents

I bought some new Commandos in last few years

There were also the Clarks commando shoes

Don't mention the war....

Oh aye, Clarks Commandos. The shoe of choice for the red-blooded heterosexual 7 year old boy.

Absolutely. :ok:

Which leads me to suspect that there might be a correlation between boys who didn't get to bomb round the countryside in their Clark's Commando shoes (thereby getting the whole thing out of their system) and adults who are drawn towards turning perfectly good tabletops into cotton-wooly Gettysburg battlefields. They probably had to make do with plimsolls as kids.

Absolutely. :ok:

Which leads me to suspect that there might be a correlation between boys who didn't get to bomb round the countryside in their Clark's Commando shoes (thereby getting the whole thing out of their system) and adults who are drawn towards turning perfectly good tabletops into cotton-wooly Gettysburg battlefields. They probably had to make do with plimsolls as kids.

In the plimsole wearing world it may be perfectly good tabletop but here we call it flooring.

In the plimsole wearing world it may be perfectly good tabletop but here we call it flooring.

Plimsolls were the footwear of naval types were they not

Battle of New Orleans

Not to be confused with the black slip on rubber soled jimmy/gutty depending on your locale

The bumper car of footwear ; zero arch support , hopeless for close control, ace for blisters, and an ideal breeding ground for foot disease

The toffs wore the white version to play tennis in the 20s

Edited by Auchinyell Sox Change

Was there not a big hill at Gettysburg. Or would that be too much of a paper mâché nightmare

More of a slope than an actual hill. The 2nd day of the battle was indeed fought on a hill called Little Round top.My board is on a slight slope though.

Cheers phart there are a few figures on that link that could be used for Fremantle. I sold off most of my Culloden model but kept enough to do one of the charge of the Highland right and have that in a cabinet.

Good, see i solved the problem then went silly mode.

I bought The Pendulum as a 10 year old...

pendulum_promo.jpg

I then bought most of the re-issues as an adult.

The 'Monster Scenes' collection upset parents and church groups, etc. so much at the time that the protests put Aurora out of business.

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive/monsterscenes/

http://www.amazon.com/Aurora-Monster-Scenes-Controversial-Generation/dp/0692202870