Unionists - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How can you hate you're country so much ?

They don't. They think it is best served by the current constitutional arrangement.

I literally don't understand it at all.. It absolutely infuriates me

Then you're of little use to the nationalist cause. Calm yourself and actually listen to why they support the status quo. Only when you understand their perspective can you hope to win the argument.

I can understand non Scots voting No but just cant get my head round why Scots did.Are we to go down in history as being the first nation to vote against our countries independence? Scots unionists should have the letter Q tattooed onto their foreheads as a mark of shame.

Another ridiculous post to add to Peever's extensive back catalogue of ridiculous posts.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand non Scots voting No but just cant get my head round why Scots did.Are we to go down in history as being the first nation to vote against our countries independence? Scots unionists should have the letter Q tattooed onto their foreheads as a mark of shame.

the majority of Scots did not... it was those from outwith Scotland who changed the result...

Malta also voted against independence... the first time... the only other country to do so

Can we call Unionists scabs ? Or is that being too nice.

Not a guid idea methinx.. we need a guid few of these guys to see the light, name calling wont help... work on them day by day , bit by bit... plant the seed and they will come over next time...

We aint going to win over no voters calling them traitors. It hurt and it still hurts like hell my fellow countryman voted against our chance to become a independent nation. Too many of my friends who voted no, love to call themselves Scottish, revel in its identity but felt that individually it was going to hurt them in the pocket. The issues around RBS and Standard Life in Edinburgh was massive, you are going to always default to the protection of your immediate family if it feels threatened. For me that is why Full Fiscal Autonomy is the best course of action.

Get people like this used to everything being decided by the Scottish parliament, increase the feeling of a different country, it will permeate through the financial industry, threats second time around will not hit home as hard. Its still there for the taking, can anyone honestly see this drive for Independence stalling or going in reverse?

Malta also voted against independence... the first time... the only other country to do so

I'm sorry but this comes up again and again, and even if it were true (which it's not) so blinking what? A personal feeling of embarrassment is not a strong argument for independence.

Will the people of an independent Scotland be better off than they are as part of the UK? That's what it comes down to; not what Malta may or may not have done in very different circumstances at a very different time.

Edit: I didn't type 'blinking'...

Edited by DonnyTJS

It's just hard for many people to accept their fellow citizens didn't support such a fundamental question. But to get to 45% when the whole establishment was against is in many ways remarkable. I know nowt about Malta but presumablynot the case there.

Big picture - indy now is almost inevitable, just a matter of time unless we shoot ourselves in foot and get another No too quickly after failing to learn the lessons in 2014. The currency issue was too open to criticism, and needs neutralized before another try.

get Devo Max/FFA, let it run successfully for a bit - then the project Fear tactics won't work, or much much less.

Add in demographics changes, given age range stats on voting, and it'd be surely a 60% Yes target.

Not convinced if Nicola should have it in manifesto 2016, it all depends on the outcome next month I'd say.

Next ref 2020

What do you mean by "better off"?

Doesn't matter how I define it; I don't get a vote.

It doesn't matter how those who do get a vote define it either. Whatever it means to each individual is fine: it's a better criterion than the 'laughing stock' argument.

You are a fascist. Plain and simple.

Those who routinely use the word "quisling" should have a "Q" tattooed to their head - q unts

Edited by Return of Yermaw

You are a fascist. Plain and simple.

:rollsmile::lol::rollsmile: I have been called worse.Funny how the nawbags hate the word quisling and call nationalists fascist nazi's. If you don't like the word quisling then good.It is not meant to be a term of endearment. Yi can ca me onythin yi want but yil niver ca me oor.

Edited by peever1745

Well if you call people who voted no quislings in real life then you're not helping the Indy cause.

What will we call them then? Nice cuddly bunny's who would rather Scotland was run from and by a foreign country.Look at the definition of Quisling then tell me I'm wrong.

:rollsmile::lol::rollsmile: I have been called worse.Funny how the nawbags hate the word quisling and call nationalists fascist nazi's. If you don't like the word quisling then good.It is not meant to be a term of endearment. Yi can ca me onythin yi want but yil niver ca me oor.

Nationalists aren't fascist nazi's. You are a fascist though.

It's very easy to understand why people voted no when there are people like you about