Unionists - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What will we call them then? Nice cuddly bunny's who would rather Scotland was run from and by a foreign country.Look at the definition of Quisling then tell me I'm wrong.

Like I said, more harm than good. If you don't understand why someone voted no then you've no chance of ever convincing them to vote yes, which is surely the aim for someone like yourself

Edited by ParisInAKilt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day after the referendum, as a yes voter and SNP member, the one small crumb of comfort I took from the ugly scenes and ideology that manifested itself at George Square was that this was done in the name of something i completely opposed. If yes had won, I considered the celebrations would have been keeping largely in the spirit of the positive yes campaign that I experienced and was part of. However some posts on here by supposed supporters of independence (and I do now question the veracity of that) would suggest that a very small element of the yes campaign would have celebrated independence in a manner not too different from the BT yobs in George Square.

It is this element of independence support that embarrasses the SNP, embarrasses the vast majority of those who support independence, and gives rise to the "ugly face of nationalism" headlines the MSM perpetuates. It would honestly make you question any association you have with these simplistic nutters..........

Nationalists aren't fascist nazi's. You are a fascist though.

How so? Please explain. I don't like unionists so that makes me a fascist does it?

biffer people like me/ You don't even know me.

As for convincing quislings to vote yes thats not going to happen. You have 2 types who voted no.You have those who genuinely thought they were better off by voting no also those who were not quite sure of making such a bold step.Then you have those who class themselves British and not Scottish.You call me fascist Nazi etc when it was not me nor mine who were giving the facist salute in George Square.

The day after the referendum, as a yes voter and SNP member, the one small crumb of comfort I took from the ugly scenes and ideology that manifested itself at George Square was that this was done in the name of something i completely opposed. If yes had won, I considered the celebrations would have been keeping largely in the spirit of the positive yes campaign that I experienced and was part of. However some posts on here by supposed supporters of independence (and I do now question the veracity of that) would suggest that a very small element of the yes campaign would have celebrated independence in a manner not too different from the BT yobs in George Square.

It is this element of independence support that embarrasses the SNP, embarrasses the vast majority of those who support independence, and gives rise to the "ugly face of nationalism" headlines the MSM perpetuates. It would honestly make you question any association you have with these simplistic nutters..........

Who are these people? Are they groups who do not agree totally with the SNP and are in fact not even members of the SNP? I along with other members of the same group spent the 19th September in Edinburgh outside Holyrood defeated but still dancing,drinking and partying unlike the scenes in Glasgow.I think your dark side of nationalism is a fictitious one made up by the Brit media.

Who are these people? Are they groups who do not agree totally with the SNP and are in fact not even members of the SNP? I along with other members of the same group spent the 19th September in Edinburgh outside Holyrood defeated but still dancing,drinking and partying unlike the scenes in Glasgow.I think your dark side of nationalism is a fictitious one made up by the Brit media.

You are the dark side of nationalism. The fact you can't see that speaks volumes. You claim to want independence but as has been pointed out to you before, your apparent ideaology (based on what I have seen as manifested in your posts) could stop some moderate "no" voters from voting "yes" and lead to borderline "yes" voters, voting "no". As this has been pointed out to you before and you continue with the same approach, this is clearly your goal. As such I don't believe you do support independence in any shape or form and stand opposed to it. And you have the audacity to call others "quislings"........

As for convincing quislings to vote yes thats not going to happen. You have 2 types who voted no.You have those who genuinely thought they were better off by voting no also those who were not quite sure of making such a bold step.Then you have those who class themselves British and not Scottish.You call me fascist Nazi etc when it was not me nor mine who were giving the facist salute in George Square.

Isn't that 3?

You are the dark side of nationalism. The fact you can't see that speaks volumes. You claim to want independence but as has been pointed out to you before, your apparent ideaology (based on what I have seen as manifested in your posts) could stop some moderate "no" voters from voting "yes" and lead to borderline "yes" voters, voting "no". As this has been pointed out to you before and you continue with the same approach, this is clearly your goal. As such I don't believe you do support independence in any shape or form and stand opposed to it. And you have the audacity to call others "quislings"........

You dont have a clue do you? Some think being a nationalist is just about voting for the SNP,its not.to some its an ongoing daily struggle.More people need to get out and away from the keyboards and do more work out on the streets.

Edited by peever1745

You dont have a clue do you? Some think being a nationalist is just about voting for the SNP,its not.to some its an ongoing daily struggle.More people need to get out and away from the keyboards and do more work out on the streets.

I'm not a nationalist - or at least not in your interpretation. I support independence through self determination and civic nationalism and see the SNP as the best vehcille for doing so. You though are a unionist despite your protests.

And do more work on the streets? if it's not community service your referring to, the last place you should be is on the streets. But no doubt you have thousands of converts to Westminster parties so well done.

Edited by Return of Yermaw

Who are the quislings?

Those Scots who voted no because of their blind loyalty to Britain rather than Scotland. Those who did not care that independence would be the best thing for Scotland and still voted no.

I'm not a nationalist - or at least not in your interpretation. I support independence through self determination and civic nationalism and see the SNP as the best vehcille for doing so. You though are a unionist despite your protests.

You are full of pooh if you think Im a unionist. I also not an SNP man but do see them as the best vehicle to drive us to independence.

You are full of pooh if you think Im a unionist. I also not an SNP man but do see them as the best vehicle to drive us to independence.

I've explained my rationale to you and you clearly can't understand it. I don't block anyone on here but whenever I see one of your posts I will know that ultimately it has been made seeking to maintain the status quo. I hope others also recognise this.

The kind of pish you spout on here is one of the reasons we lost.

Another one full of it. :-)) I bet during the lead up tom the referendum I did a bloody lot more for the yes campaign than most on here did.

Another one full of it. :-)) I bet during the lead up tom the referendum I did a bloody lot more for the yes campaign than most on here did.

You don't get it do you? You may have done a lot of legwork, great, well done. But you probably lost plenry of votes with the pish you spout on here.

You've said before you don't talk on the doorstep the way you talk on here - so you're misrepresenting your view to people? When you're campaigning then? Puts you in the same category of hypocrite as most of Labour.

You don't get it do you? You may have done a lot of legwork, great, well done. But you probably lost plenry of votes with the pish you spout on here.

You've said before you don't talk on the doorstep the way you talk on here - so you're misrepresenting your view to people? When you're campaigning then? Puts you in the same category of hypocrite as most of Labour.

You dont really get this online forum bit do you :-)) This is not the real world and I doubt that the political views on here make a lot of difference in elections.

You dont really get this online forum bit do you :-)) This is not the real world and I doubt that the political views on here make a lot of difference in elections.

Jesus wept. You really are as thick as you make out.

Do you get that the rabid stuff you come out with is used by the media (who do have the power to make a difference) to characterise all pro-independence folk as 'cybernat bullies', and undermine the cause in general?

:rollsmile::lol::rollsmile: I have been called worse.Funny how the nawbags hate the word quisling and call nationalists fascist nazi's. If you don't like the word quisling then good.It is not meant to be a term of endearment. Yi can ca me onythin yi want but yil niver ca me oor.

How are you not a fascist or an extreme nationalist? You want to call everything opposed to what you support traitors and stamp marks into their heads so that you can identify them.

Reminds me of this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Judenstern_JMW.jpg

So am I a fascist or extreme nationalist?

I don't know the whole extent of your political opinions so obviously I can't characterise you solely as a fascist or a extreme nationalist.

I would say you are likely an extreme nationalist. Most of the nationalists on here are strong believers in non-violence and democracy, you don't seem to be one of those.

I don't know the whole extent of your political opinions so obviously I can't characterise you solely as a fascist or a extreme nationalist.

I would say you are likely an extreme nationalist. Most of the nationalists on here are strong believers in non-violence and democracy, you don't seem to be one of those.

I'm not.There is no democracy in Scotland as the Brit media and unionist parties will soon prove and did prove last September. I saw the other week the Lib Dem saying that there will have to be a change in the way we vote in Scotland to ensure the SNP never again hold the majority.Is that the democracy you talk of?