Royal Baby - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I believe you can only announce a prospective new baby when the mother is actually pregnant...just a coincidence. Wonder what they will call it, they have used up all the good unionist names!

Aye, but once the mother is pregnant you can still choose when to announce it i.e. before or after 18 September...

True, how far gone is she? Do we know if they announced the last pregnancy at the same period? Will they induce birth so it happens at 17:07

From the Daily Mail:

Sources have told Mail Online that the Duchess has not yet even reached her crucial 12-week stage and were once again forced to reveal details of the new baby because of her condition.

'The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news'

Kensington Palace

A senior royal source said: ‘The couple only found out very recently. The Duchess has not even reached the crucial 12-week stage.

'But when it became apparent that she was no well enough to join the Duke on a joint engagement in Oxford today and that the number of forthcoming engagements could be affected, the Duke and Duchess have taken the difficult decision to be fully open about the pregnancy.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2747642/BREAKING-NEWS-Duchess-Cambridge-pregnant-second-child.html#ixzz3CiezTXgh

Last time round they came out with the announcement before the 12 week stage but she'd been admitted to hospital. No mention of a hospital admission this time.

Draw your own conclusions...I sense a spin doctor in the background.

Edited by neilser

You can't now vote Yes or you'll be leaving this poor defenceless little baby to grow up in a broken RUK. If you care about kids, you'll vote No, remember.

I'm trying to work out if this helps or hinders the YES campaign. Probably about neutral overall. If they could manufacture a miscarriage in about 7 days time they might help get out the sympathy vote.

I genuinely thought they would marry off Price Harry in Scotland to get another Royal Wedding just before the vote.

2 years ago my mum was telling anyone who would listen to expect a summer 2014 wedding for Harry! :-)) Looks like her (conspiracy?) theory didn't pan out, but this isn't a million miles away; announcing a pregnancy - any pregnancy, Royal or other - before 12 weeks is extremely unusual, maybe even frowned upon. The paranoid cynic in me is inclined to think think that Kate's been 'encouraged' to go public with the news earlier than she'd maybe have liked.

Edinburgh Zoo should consider giving William a crack at the lady panda.

Give this guy a go....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqUtK61SOs

From the Daily Mail:

Last time round they came out with the announcement before the 12 week stage but she'd been admitted to hospital. No mention of a hospital admission this time.

Draw your own conclusions...I sense a spin doctor in the background.

I seriously hope youre joking. She suffers from severe morning sickness. My wife had the same. There's a medical term but it basically means being unable to eat without throwing up and even the smell of food can bring it on. My wife was hospitalised with the first one but not with the 2nd, however she was effectively bed ridden. Sounds like this girl is much the same.

It's not a laughing matter and can threaten both the mother and babies health.

As an example my wife lost 4st with the 2nd pregnancy and that was her a bit better!

Oh FFS the Unionists are now going absolutely mental because of that awfully bad man Alex Salmond once again. He congratulated Billyand Kate on the kid by calling them both by their Scottish titles, Earl & Countess of Strathearn, and this somehow is a huge insult to the royal family on his part :rolleyes:.

Feck the royal family a thousand times over. Republic of Scotland is the way to go :spin:

Edited by ErsatzThistle