Our Support ? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Support ?

glasgow jock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't in Section B West Stand were you?

I had the loudest drunkest Aberdonians behind me. Raging that the Gibraltar keeper wasn't sent off for the first penalty. Total idiots. Oh, and brush your teeth,

I was.

But I wasn't drunk and I had to behave as I had the bairn :lol:

I did see one guy continuously standing up and shouting across about 10 seats to see if anyone was going to the pub,from about 25 minutes til the end.

out of interest who is to blame for singing a song from the sound of music ? and why on earth did it catch on

that song about wall paper is marginally more acceptable.

Started at one of the games v Austria in Vienna in the 90's (either the friendly in 94 or WC qf'er in 96.....).... actual story of how it started seems to vary from a bus load of Scots traveling to the game, with the ONLY video on the bus for their entertainment the Sound of Music... to it just got belted out in a pub and stuck after that..........

Probably its greatest moment was San Siro in 2005...... 2-0 down, so starts getting belted out.... Italians didn't take kindly to it and started to boo to drown it out.... after 10 minutes of being unsuccessful they actually started cheering us.

Wallpaper one started in Moldova.............

Edited by wanderer

Best line of the day for me was a guy a few rows back who was having a bit of banter with the Gibraltar fans and went with 'Feck of back to your rock'.

OK, it does sound a bit unwelcoming typing it out today, but it was good natured and the Gibraltar fans seemed to love it.