Our Support ? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Support ?

glasgow jock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland support in general is pish.

Good numbers but too many idiots more interested in boozing.

I avoid them much as possible when away. Too many warmers. I used to love night before game mixing with Scotland fans but too many idiots now.

I don't buy into the fancy dress but that's not my problem. It's the look at me idiots.

Well what do you suggest for a better atmosphere?

What songs would you like to add?

what stand should you sit in or stand in?

Do you wear a kilt or is it a fashion statement?

Millions miles

Oh when the Scots

West stand

I own one but don't wear it to football. I never mentioned kilts though

Scotland support in general is pish.

Good numbers but too many idiots more interested in boozing.

I avoid them much as possible when away. Too many warmers. I used to love night before game mixing with Scotland fans but too many idiots now.

I don't buy into the fancy dress but that's not my problem. It's the look at me idiots.

This. On an away trip is better mixing with the locals.

had a morbid bunch from aberdeen behind us. Critisised EVERYTHING (including the penalty comp at HT) and would rather watch paint dry than watch the game again. (dulux is under £35 a tin so heres hoping he wont be back) the best rant was...

"thats pish maloney Anya will never get that"

Anya catches it "oh"

"thats a pish cross anya theres nobody there"

Anyas cross lands on fletchers head then into the bottom corner :yikes3:

this after the idiots beside us from perth (Yes pissed up taking selfies for most of the game) telling us he would go and never be back if Gibraltar score. 2 mins later they hit the post/Marshall clawed it out (couldnt tell from the angle i had) and then they score and i tell him its time to go :wave::wave::wave: "no i meant....ehhhh....aye".

Maybe it was because it was a Sunday, but found the city very subdued yesterday..... went to The Horse Shoe at noon, and usually on match day its jumping by that stage, and you struggle to get in, yet was very empty.

Went around to Hootenannys to meet the Coves and we were the only folk in there..... headed down to the Granary afterwards, and though busy enough, I have seen it a lot more busy 2 or 3 hours before kick off.

Have to say, I think the whole ticket fiasco has gone a long way to spoiling match day atmosphere..... been to low-key midweek friendlies in the middle of winter that have had more atmosphere than yesterday at Hampden.

Even after the game there was hardly anyone kicking around in the 3/4 bars I went to before getting train down the road at 9pm.

Edited by wanderer

had a morbid bunch from aberdeen behind us. Critisised EVERYTHING (including the penalty comp at HT) and would rather watch paint dry than watch the game again. (dulux is under £35 a tin so heres hoping he wont be back) the best rant was...

"thats pish maloney Anya will never get that"

Anya catches it "oh"

"thats a pish cross anya theres nobody there"

Anyas cross lands on fletchers head then into the bottom corner :yikes3:

this after the idiots beside us from perth (Yes pissed up taking selfies for most of the game) telling us he would go and never be back if Gibraltar score. 2 mins later they hit the post/Marshall clawed it out (couldnt tell from the angle i had) and then they score and i tell him its time to go :wave::wave::wave: "no i meant....ehhhh....aye".

You weren't in Section B West Stand were you?

I had the loudest drunkest Aberdonians behind me. Raging that the Gibraltar keeper wasn't sent off for the first penalty. Total idiots. Oh, and brush your teeth,

I had the loudest drunkest Aberdonians behind me. Raging that the Gibraltar keeper wasn't sent off for the first penalty. Total idiots. Oh, and brush your teeth,

B8 just next to barrier for the North stand. Teeth brushing wouldnt matter as every 5 mins they would sit/duck behind the people next to them to swig out the buckfast bottle they sneaked in with. Also someome few rows further back that shouted "switch it to Alan" every time we had the ball.

Maybe it was because it was a Sunday, but found the city very subdued yesterday..... went to The Horse Shoe at noon, and usually on match day its jumping by that stage, and you struggle to get in, yet was very empty.

The clocks going forward wouldn't have helped.

I had the loudest drunkest Aberdonians behind me. Raging that the Gibraltar keeper wasn't sent off for the first penalty. Total idiots.

:lol: I think the ball boy had it in his hands before the keeper hit Maloney...

B8 just next to barrier for the North stand. Teeth brushing wouldnt matter as every 5 mins they would sit/duck behind the people next to them to swig out the buckfast bottle they sneaked in with. Also someome few rows further back that shouted "switch it to Alan" every time we had the ball.

We were in B5 so I suppose there must've been more than one group of obnoxious, idiotic, drunken Aberdonians in attendance. Hard to believe...

Also - one of them either thought it was hilarious to shout "it's the one they scored that's really pissed me aff ken" every 30 seconds from the 20th minute to the 90th minute, or else he was dangerously psychotic and really was absolutely bealing to the point of being murderous about Gib's consolation.

I normally dont touch my phone during the game, but had to take a photo of the score board showing 1-1 = just to remember the embarrassment!

I clapped when they scored, it was a good goal for a bunch of posties and semi professional players. Good on them. Never clapped Scotlands opposition goal before.

On the upside also said to all the boys "at least we witnessed history today"

The atmosphere, even if full would have been flat. Normally is v the smaller teams. Poland and Germany games will be absolutely rocking.

Rainbow chant was the highlight, unbelievably.

Doe a Deer is pure pish, as is the Fletchers song, though strangely I was right into that when in Poland...

Have to agree on an earlier point though, would think the atmosphere will be way better for the Germany and Poland games.

Doe a Deer is pure pish, as is the Fletchers song, though strangely I was right into that when in Poland...

Doe a Deer has been die'ing a painfully slow death for about 4/5 years now..... time it was the ONLY song, but now its slightly cringe worthy (had some great days with it in the past.....).

The Fletcher song I think is one of those chants that goes down well at away games when you have a whole section singing it..... but not really one for home games.

what was the chant? Didnt hear it saw the rainbow tho... did give us a smile :-))

As said below..... I was somewhat disappointed that the Rainbow Song (Zippy, George and Bungle etc....) did not start as a result :wink2:

We love you Rainbow, we do.........

I was in B5 too.

Some boy was fairly getting worked up in the first half.

I thought he was going to have a stroke.