Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toepoke, on 27 Mar 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

When's the next squad for the u19s announced? I presume Harper will be in it after this furore...

Unless Sbragia is like Levein. Then he'll be too stubborn and will leave Harper out, just to show everyone who's in charge.

Playing Devils advocate a bit but the fact that Austria had two players sent off could suggest that they adopt an over physical approach.

Maybe he was worried that Harper might not be up to that sort of treatment. He wouldn't be the first flair player that the opposition were able to nullify by kicking them out the game.

All that said, that's giving Sbragia the big benefit of the doubt as his initial comments were pretty outrageous.

Playing Devils advocate a bit but the fact that Austria had two players sent off could suggest that they adopt an over physical approach.

Maybe he was worried that Harper might not be up to that sort of treatment. He wouldn't be the first flair player that the opposition were able to nullify by kicking them out the game.

All that said, that's giving Sbragia the big benefit of the doubt as his initial comments were pretty outrageous.

These are the occasions that ball players should be tested against physical sides, to prepare them for senior level football.

Dont want any scotland side to fail at any level, I just want to make them better.

You should watch his compilation on youtube or dailymotion, he is without doubt going to be a huge talent.

I've seen him play several times and as I've said before he is one of the best young prospects at that age I've ever seen. He has 2 great feet and ability to spray 40 yard passes to switch play quickly.

I think had he been at about 95% of other top clubs in Europe he would already have played first team football by now.

Even if that was the case, and I don't believe it is...we have two more matches to play. He could have been left out for the Austria match and brought in for the other 2, less physical matches.

Sbragias stance is inexcusable, bit if har

If we lose Harper to Spain then the whole of the SFA should be marched down Sauchiehall Street, tarred and feathered

Sbragias stance is inexcusable, but if harper ends up picking Spain then he's as bad as McCarthy in my book. Let's hope it doesn't come to that, don't think it will.

Maybe a bit severe of a comparison, but he's either Scottish or not. Not a fan of switching your nationality to suit your career.

Steady on. I don't think it's unreasonable to have dual nationality and having lived there his entire life, it's hardly treachery. If we continue to shun him, he'd have every right to embrace the country of his birth. If he were my son, I wouldn't think twice about pushing him for a Spanish cap if this persisted. I wouldn't bring up my son to show blind loyalty to a flag especially if the coaches here continue to turn their nose up at him.

Steady on. I don't think it's unreasonable to have dual nationality and having lived there his entire life, it's hardly treachery. If we continue to shun him, he'd have every right to embrace the country of his birth. If he were my son, I wouldn't think twice about pushing him for a Spanish cap if this persisted. I wouldn't bring up my son to show blind loyalty to a flag especially if the coaches here continue to turn their nose up at him.

Coaches come and go.

Coaches come and go.

True. Doesn't sound like Strachan is overly bothered either though so it raises questions about attitudes in Scotland rather than one coach.

I can't imagine living abroad, having my son born a Spanish citizen, immersing him in Scottish culture to the point where he's raised as a Scot, makes his way through the Spanish system, proving himself at Real Madrid (for his age), only for coaches at the SFA to turn their nose up at him. I'd take that as a serious slap in the puss to be honest, and I wouldn't be wanting my son to become distracted over such nonsense. If Spain came calling and treated him with more respect, I wouldn't stand in his or their way if coaches continued to talk about him in the way they have.

Bonkers. Signed up to, and highly rated by Real Madrid. The club that treat Man Utd, Dortmund, Chelsea etc as feeder clubs. To be on their books you must be the cream of the crop. Yet these simpletons running Scottish football ignore that? We should be building our team around him. He might not run about like a dafty for 90 mins, but the chances are he will take 1 min of those 90 to change a game.

Everything that is wrong with Scottish football in a nutshell.