Scotland Players In Action - Page 156 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't sure where to post this and apologies if it has been posted before but here goes ...

Twenty three year old Peterborough United striker Conor Washington is supposedly being watched by Scotland (and Northern Ireland). Qualifies owing to a Scottish mother. Doesn't appear to have played for England at any level thus far.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh-latest-three-clubs-and-two-countries-are-chasing-peterborough-united-striker-1-7127017

Also I am not advocating calling him up, just putting it out there.

23, good goal scoring record, can't see why we would cap him ahead of Rhoads, Mccormack or Griffith. Might be one for the future.

If you had the choice of getting a N Ireland cap and possibly getting to Euro 16 or Scotland I wonder who hi is more likely to choose?

Edited by kmcca5

And yet some think Bannan is finished at international level :blink:

The return of a rejuvenated Barry Bannan will be a good thing for Scotland. :ok:

Funny how dropping down to a much lower level has 'rejuvenated' him.

Nice to see him playing but I don't see Bannan playing a big role in the next campaign at all.

Yip

I think someone maybe buying in a little too much to the Sky/EPL bested in the universe tosh. There is little between top end of Chsmpionship and half of the Premiership despite the attempt to show there is a "gulf". Head to heads in various cup games will show you this as would the fact that few EPL teams who get relegated go straight back up the following season despite their parachute payments and managing to retain most of their EPL squad. And that is not to say the top end of the Championship is a fantastic level - it is more that much of the EPL is of a mediocre level despite the millions the teams have.

The best Scotish players in England play for teams that are much of a much - top half of championship or bottom half of the EPL. There is little difference in the standard all round.

top half of championship or bottom half of the EPL. There is little difference in the standard all round.

Completely disagree. Having watched West Ham bounce up and down between the two divisions, I am not sure it is even the same game.

Completely disagree. Having watched West Ham bounce up and down between the two divisions, I am not sure it is even the same game.

Totally agree. There is a big difference. Relegated teams don't always go back up but that has more to do with their best players usually leaving after relegation.

I'm glad Bannan is playing well because I think he is a good player. However, he obviously isn't good enough for the Premier League.

Totally agree. There is a big difference. Relegated teams don't always go back up but that has more to do with their best players usually leaving after relegation.

I'm glad Bannan is playing well because I think he is a good player. However, he obviously isn't good enough for the Premier League.

Relegated teams that don't bounce back tend to be those that are in trouble anyway, either financially or are just in a general mess and have been for a few seasons.

Keeping a hold of your squad is important but I'd also say that keeping hold of the manager is as important if not more so. That assumes that you believe the manager is going to be the guy to get you back up.

Look at Hull and Burnley this season, they are both doing well and have shown faith in Bruce and Dyche.

I think its pretty obvious that if Sheffield Wednesday go up this season - and as I have a soft spot for them, I'd love to see that - Bannan will be looking for a loan move at Christmas as he wont get the time and space to play.

Relegated teams that don't bounce back tend to be those that are in trouble anyway, either financially or are just in a general mess and have been for a few seasons.

Keeping a hold of your squad is important but I'd also say that keeping hold of the manager is as important if not more so. That assumes that you believe the manager is going to be the guy to get you back up.

Look at Hull and Burnley this season, they are both doing well and have shown faith in Bruce and Dyche.

I think its pretty obvious that if Sheffield Wednesday go up this season - and as I have a soft spot for them, I'd love to see that - Bannan will be looking for a loan move at Christmas as he wont get the time and space to play.

You can give numerous examples of teams who get promoted immediately after relegation and offer the same amiunt of examples for teams that don't. It is not simply down to finances or management as to why some teams don't imm distend bounce back. For the few games I watch of the EPL and Championship they appear much of a much. West Ham, Sunderland, Fulham and Middllsebrough probably being a good examples of teams I have watched recently and don't think there is much between any of them.

As for Bannan being back in the Championship if Wednesday get promoted, maybe he will, maybe he won't but saying "it's pretty obvious" to try and illustrate a wider consensus doesn't really strengthen an opinion.......

Wasn't sure where to post this and apologies if it has been posted before but here goes ...

Twenty three year old Peterborough United striker Conor Washington is supposedly being watched by Scotland (and Northern Ireland). Qualifies owing to a Scottish mother. Doesn't appear to have played for England at any level thus far.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/posh-latest-three-clubs-and-two-countries-are-chasing-peterborough-united-striker-1-7127017

Also I am not advocating calling him up, just putting it out there.

Been asking some posh fans about him. They say its a wait and see just now as he has hit a bit of form but don't know if it will last. Word they have is there are a few championship clubs watching him so he might be o. The move

He may not be tall enough for the Premier League (in the view of the managers) but he has the most technical ability in our squad by some way (I'm not saying he's our best player).

He may not be tall enough for the Premier League (in the view of the managers) but he has the most technical ability in our squad by some way (I'm not saying he's our best player).

I doubt it's anything to do with him being tall enough, it's about not being good enough. There are plenty of players doing very well in the Premiership that are the same height as Bannan or smaller.