Jeremy Clarkson - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Maybe if somebody had given Adolph Hitler / Saddam Hussein/ Tony Blair / Maggie Thatcher a timely dig on the chin we could have avoided all that unpleasantness called WW2 Gulf War 1&2, Falklands etc etc.

You really are the thickest man on the planet. :lol:

Aye, a punch in the face would've stopped the slaughter of millions of people. What a fecking idiot.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really are the thickest man on the planet. :lol:

Aye, a punch in the face would've stopped the slaughter of millions of people. What a fecking idiot.

If only the jews had punched hitler on the beak and the palestinians had let down all the IDL tyres we'd live in a far better world.

Obviously not as thick as you pondlife old chap .

Boynze old son I've had manys a " punch on the nose " such a quaint expression BTW.

Obviously not as thick as you pondlife old chap .

Boynze old son I've had manys a " punch on the nose " such a quaint expression BTW.

No worries, MacTosser :ok:

Clarkson didn't just punch the guy on the nose, he also called him a "lazy Irish cünt" into the bargain. Why did Clarkson feel the need to bring the guys nationality into it ? Oh, I forgot, Clarkson has form as a xenophobic .

Clarkson deserves all he gets.

I've heard it said that it is bit of an act, a TV persona. Couldn't say, he is clearly an intelligent and successful man. Be that as it may, the BBC had no choice but to let him go, despite the fact that Top Gear is (inexplicably) a global success and money earner for them.

I've heard it said that it is bit of an act, a TV persona. Couldn't say, he is clearly an intelligent and successful man. Be that as it may, the BBC had no choice but to let him go, despite the fact that Top Gear is (inexplicably) a global success and money earner for them.

As I've mentioned numerous times before, I was at a small, two-classroom, village school with him in the early '70s before his folks hit it rich with the Paddington Bear toy. I was 8 / 9 while he was 11 / 12 which is a huge gap at that age so I didn't have much to do with him.

However, a few years back I visited our old headmistress and he cropped up in the conversation. She couldn't stand him, even though he was a nipper.

He's certainly shaped a hugely successful show (living in Africa is no escape), but my gut feeling is that it's no bad thing he's gone, for his own sake. That kind of success can't be healthy for anyone.

Was he Irish ? if so where is the insult ? I'd be more miffed at being called a bunny rabbit to honest .

The insult is contained in the first two words, attributing a perceived negative trait to a nationality/race,' lazy black', 'dirty paki' etc, surprise you haven't come across this pretty common usage of language.

I'm enjoying this trip back to the 60's with McTaz, where niggahs, poofs, Pakis and pinkos knew their place, and all it took to put the world to rights and to get your way was to give someone a good slap.

The world these days needs more racists, homophobes and bullies. It would obviously be a better place if these people got their way.... :ok::ok:

Irish is a nationality , Paki N@gger etc are not. The comment was directed at one individual not the entire Irish nation oops there I go insulting a nation !! I should of course have referred to them as bogtrotters or Paddys eh ?

The use of a reference to nationality is clearly supposed to imply that it's something to be ashamed of - if you call someone a dirty, stinking, lazy, thieving whatever but add a reference to their nationality (Irish, Scottish, Italian, Romanian etc) into the adjectives the implication is that it's meant to be derogatory. You surely must 'get' this no?

Irish is a nationality , Paki N@gger etc are not. The comment was directed at one individual not the entire Irish nation oops there I go insulting a nation !! I should of course have referred to them as bogtrotters or Paddys eh ?

Language is complicated and subtle and open to interpretation so even simple phrases can illicit lots of different outcomes and responses.So, insult an individual with 'lazy ', insult an individual and his nation with 'lazy Irish ', that's most peoples interpretation I would have thought,maybe not yours.

Paki (short for Pakistani) was a nationality the last time I looked.

Didn't really see where you 'insulted a nation' in your post. Personally I wouldn't use 'bogtrotter or Paddy' to an Irish person, that's mainly because I Iike my facial features in their current arrangement.

NO Paki is NOT a nationality, Pakistani is a nationality. And again NO , the insult was directed at an individual who happened to be Irish not :" you lazy Irish KHUNTS" plural !

So if someone calls somebody else an idle shortarse khunt I and all other shortarses should feel offended ? .....Why ?

The reference to a person's race, ethnicity or national origin, directly or indirectly, in the context of delivering an insult to them can only ever be an aggravation of the insult. Ask yourself why else a person delivering an insult would make such a reference? What is the purpose of the reference other than to suggest that the race, ethnicity etc of the person makes them of lesser worth as a person?

Would you call someone of Pakistani origin a Paki in their presence? If not, why not?

People in general these days tend to regard racial insults as taboo and totally unacceptable although clearly there are some who struggle to understand this. If you still don't get it you've possibly got Asperger's syndrome, though I suspect you just like being tendentious.

Edited by neilser

I missed these threads, I'm glad I'm back :ok: