Jeremy Clarkson - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except it wont be good riddance Top Gear (or derivative of) will turn up on ITV or less likely SKY and you can not watch it all over again. as for punching a guy at work a handful of people know what happened and it will probably come out in the end. BBC dont waste any money on Top Gear I think its their single biggest earner. As for racist, I dont think so, a single mumbled use of a word in a nursery rhyme does not qualify anyone as racist . Stupid yes. Inherantly racist I dont think so. If clarksons contract at the BBC really is up I wouldnt be surprised if you find out that the bloke he punched turns up working for him on a fat salary at the new show wherever it is. fair play to Clarkson if it is a set up and hes played the media like a fiddle.

Your right IMO about the Top gear brand.Very successful and Clarkston has been the the individual with the vision to persuade the BBC to as to the direction and format of the show.But in terms of wasting or not wasting money this is academic.The people who pay the licence fee get no choice in the matter.And remember without the license fee no matter how successful their programmes are in earnings potential the BBC would make a massive loss and be unable to compete as a viable business concern.The BBC make some good programmes,but so do most countries.Denmark being the most notable with recent global success.And Scotland would too under it's own steam.and in control of it's own brand.

Unfortunately the BBC is not just about making entertainment It is also a propagandist mouthpiece of the worst order and one it is becoming apparent, if you read plinths post above is complicit (and more)in the worst of crimes.Every time i flick through the channels and spend a few seconds with Top gear it seems to me we have 3 actors driving about in cars that that most of the 600,000 petitioners are never going to be able to sit in let alone afford to buy.The presenters of course own several each.Unfortunately this hero worship for wealthy stars seems global .

An increasing number of people seem to worship the "talented" (Camerons words) over everything else in our society .Individuals like Clarkston can do no wrong .Unchecked their behavior gets worse and their influence becomes stronger.Can you imagine the furore in Westminster if it had been Alex Salmond who has seen to utter a racist comment or assault an individual.Do you think Cameron and the media would be desperate to save him ?

This is where the real issue hear lies.If Clarkston,ostensibly a mere T.V. presenter can get a Prime minister to support him in an assault ,then Clarkston is a hell of a lot more powerful figure than we realised .Another tick for our corrupt British society.

This is where the real issue hear lies.If Clarkston,ostensibly a mere T.V. presenter can get a Prime minister to support him in an assault ,then Clarkston is a hell of a lot more powerful figure than we realised .Another tick for our corrupt British society.

Nail on head.

My friend posted this on Facebook:

"There are about 474,000 fewer signatures on this petition than on the one to reinstate Jeremy clarkson after he allegedly hit a colleague. I've seen the impact of benefit sanctions on real people, JC will be fine whatever happens and folk can watch reruns on Dave forever more if top gear bites the dust. Like Jonathan Ross, he'll probably just end up on another channel. That so many people are more concerned by that than real people being denied the basics of existence, foodbanks running out of food, children suffering malnutrition and folk being driven to suicide, well it's a pretty sad indictment of our society. Folk need to get a grip."

Except it wont be good riddance Top Gear (or derivative of) will turn up on ITV or less likely SKY and you can not watch it all over again. as for punching a guy at work a handful of people know what happened and it will probably come out in the end. BBC dont waste any money on Top Gear I think its their single biggest earner. As for racist, I dont think so, a single mumbled use of a word in a nursery rhyme does not qualify anyone as racist . Stupid yes. Inherantly racist I dont think so. If clarksons contract at the BBC really is up I wouldnt be surprised if you find out that the bloke he punched turns up working for him on a fat salary at the new show wherever it is. fair play to Clarkson if it is a set up and hes played the media like a fiddle.

Slope on the bridge episode also

And the gag about the Mexicans

Guest BlueGaz

Tin hat on. I love him.

Am with you. So what if he attempted to hit someone. Fine him, grow up and crack on. We see it often in football, loads in rugby, it happens. This is no different. ZZZzzz

And the gag about the Mexicans

Both attempts at humour you may not have found them funny but i seriously doubt thousands jumped up and screamed "racist" at the tv and i dont believe he was intentionally being racist. The slope comment was probably the worst and I believe it was apologised for. The world is changing right enough and mostly for the better. Millions of people (including me) find his programmes entertaining. I thought the programme he did on his father in laws VC was fantastic. He offends people right enough but the people he offends in general must have pretty thin skins IMHO ;-)

I know, some of the defenders blaming "the PC Brigade".

He thumped a colleague at work while on a Final written warning. FFS!

Gross Misconduct & The Sack at my place, final warning or not.

J

considering how many folk would love it if Clarkson took a swing at them, it had to be some colleague.

Both attempts at humour you may not have found them funny but i seriously doubt thousands jumped up and screamed "racist" at the tv and i dont believe he was intentionally being racist. The slope comment was probably the worst and I believe it was apologised for. The world is changing right enough and mostly for the better. Millions of people (including me) find his programmes entertaining. I thought the programme he did on his father in laws VC was fantastic. He offends people right enough but the people he offends in general must have pretty thin skins IMHO ;-)

Am def old school ; but there's a fairly obvious line that one crosses between laddish humour and being an obnoxious pr1ck

He seems to have nailed it

I hooked a guy at work. Granted, I'm unemployed at present, but I retained the job then.

Before i went to uni, i worked in a factory and occasionally scuffles would break out, especially on the night shift when it could become quite boisterous. Like stuffing folk into the computer boxes and banding them up and rallying them about on a pallet truck, or driving bits of wood through the box as they're the magicians apprentice. No one sacked, but i suppose it never turned into a riot. I got heaved into a bin by the ba's once for being cheeky. No jobs were lost.

Before i went to uni, i worked in a factory and occasionally scuffles would break out, especially on the night shift when it could become quite boisterous. Like stuffing folk into the computer boxes and banding them up and rallying them about on a pallet truck, or driving bits of wood through the box as they're the magicians apprentice. No one sacked, but i suppose it never turned into a riot. I got heaved into a bin by the ba's once for being cheeky. No jobs were lost.

The old warehouse under asda bridge of dee

(Fine Fare) one of the bosses would shoot pigeons with an air gun

Some would drop into area where bread.& cakes etc were stored

Jolly Japes circa 82

I got a verbal for riding on forks of palette shifter a la Ben Hur as the footplate was missing

Everyone at it but Mgr caught me

Good grounding tho for a teenage loon

1982 Falklands.

Basically a GIRUY to Argentina. In my opinion, by insulting them in this manner, they also insult Argentina's war dead. The BBC have tried to claim it was all a coincidence but there's no way any of their production staff could possibly be so stupid as to miss the obvious connection on the plate.

As I said earlier, whatever your views are on the Falkland's Islands sovereignty, it was really low insulting the memory of their war dead in this manner and it was only going to result in one outcome.

Insulting Argentine war dead? Are you being serious?

Did you feel the same outrage when prior to the London Olympics the Argentina Hockey captain filmed a covert add in the early hours of him running through Port Stanley as a GIRFUY to our war dead?

It's an attempt at shock value humour that failed badly. No more, no less.

You must be very sensitive to feel so upset by such a stupid TV stunt.

Did you feel the same outrage when prior to the London Olympics the Argentina Hockey captain filmed a covert add in the early hours of him running through Port Stanley as a GIRFUY to our war dead?

Aww another Billy Brit upset. :wave:

The Argentine stunt whilst not being particularly clever was not done in an exceptionally, crude and tasteless manner like Top Gear did. Of course though, that always has been the great British way of doing things. Johnny foreigner must know his place and all that.

Bet you were standing to attention, with tears in your eyes, giving one last salute, as you watched Thatcher's funeral. :lol:

Aww another Billy Brit upset. :wave:

The Argentine stunt whilst not being particularly clever was not done in an exceptionally, crude and tasteless manner like Top Gear did. Of course though, that always has been the great British way of doing things. Johnny foreigner must know his place and all that.

Bet you were standing to attention, with tears in your eyes, giving one last salute, as you watched Thatcher's funeral. :lol:

Hmmm, where to start?

Billy Brit? So you're another one of the sweeping generalisation idiots then?

Let me explain something that's actually quite simple, so you should get it.

Not all Rangers fans are unionists. Just because I don't have a Yes or 45 avatar doesn't mean I didn't vote yes.

So, as a campaign worker for Yes, a Scottish nationalist and a member of the SNP I find your comment laughable at best.

I was merely pointing out that despite Clarkson being a bit of a dick what Top Gear did was no worse than what the Argentines did. Too many folk on here desperate to be offended and mope.

Now, when you grow up you can think back to this moment and realise you know nothing of the people on this board and you have been a bit of a dick too. ?

I have to admit at the last Rugby World Cup both in our game and Argentinas game against the English there were very prominent Malvinas flags.

But much I thought and surprised they weren't taken down as they were overtly political and nothing to do with rugby.

J

Hmmm, where to start?

Billy Brit? So you're another one of the sweeping generalisation idiots then?

Let me explain something that's actually quite simple, so you should get it.

Not all Rangers fans are unionists. Just because I don't have a Yes or 45 avatar doesn't mean I didn't vote yes.

So, as a campaign worker for Yes, a Scottish nationalist and a member of the SNP I find your comment laughable at best.

I was merely pointing out that despite Clarkson being a bit of a dick what Top Gear did was no worse than what the Argentines did. Too many folk on here desperate to be offended and mope.

Now, when you grow up you can think back to this moment and realise you know nothing of the people on this board and you have been a bit of a dick too.

Never knew you were a nationalist, fair play then. For my part, I won't be losing any sleep over "our" islands when the Argies decide to start round two again. The whole thing is absurd. By then I hope Scotland is independent and stays completely neutral.

I didn't generalise against Rangers fans because oddly enough, on a personal level, I know of more Rangers fans who support independence than I do Celtic fans.

You calling me a dick though pretty much makes us even, so I won't be apologising to you.

Clarkson is still a right wing wankshaft. If it is true he brought his producers nationality into this "fraca" then it pretty much confirms his xenophobic, little Englander status.

Never knew you were a nationalist, fair play then. For my part, I won't be losing any sleep over "our" islands when the Argies decide to start round two again. The whole thing is absurd. By then I hope Scotland is independent and stays completely neutral.

I didn't generalise against Rangers fans because oddly enough, on a personal level, I know of more Rangers fans who support independence than I do Celtic fans.

You calling me a dick though pretty much makes us even, so I won't be apologising to you.

Clarkson is still a right wing wankshaft. If it is true he brought his producers nationality into this "fraca" then it pretty much confirms his xenophobic, little Englander status.

I don't want an apology from you. You generalised and made a fool of yourself. You know nothing of me but made stereotypical assumptions.

I couldn't give a toss for the Falkland Islands but I do care about the people who live there and those that died defending it.

Your ability to criticise people openly comes from the sacrifice of the soldiers like those that died in 1982.

Oh, and I cheered when that old witch died. Not proud of it but she destroyed my father's life with her policies so f*ck it.

I don't want an apology from you. You generalised and made a fool of yourself. You know nothing of me but made stereotypical assumptions.

I couldn't give a toss for the Falkland Islands but I do care about the people who live there and those that died defending it.

Your ability to criticise people openly comes from the sacrifice of the soldiers like those that died in 1982.

Oh, and I cheered when that old witch died. Not proud of it but she destroyed my father's life with her policies so f*ck it.

Yes, a bit of thought for the many young Argentine conscripts who died out there means I must be spitting on the graves of "our" troops who died out there.

I buy a poppy every year for my four ancestors who were blown to pieces in a cruel Imperialist war one hundred years ago, but I steadfastly refuse to buy into this whole "thou shalt respect our brave boys" stuff.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Am with you. So what if he attempted to hit someone. Fine him, grow up and crack on. We see it often in football, loads in rugby, it happens. This is no different. ZZZzzz

I agree. Lots of people don't like him - don't watch his programme then, and leave it to those of us who do like Top Gear. Stop telling me what I am and what I am not allowed to watch.

There's plenty of other channels you can get offended at, if thats what gets you through the day.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Lots of people don't like him - don't watch his programme then, and leave it to those of us who do like Top Gear. Stop telling me what I am and what I am not allowed to watch.

There's plenty of other channels you can get offended at, if thats what gets you through the day.

He punched a colleague while on a final warning.