England Footballer Arrested For Sex With 14 Year Old! - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Footballer Arrested For Sex With 14 Year Old!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing the point that he's a Premeirship Footballer and as such would have the pick of a certain type of totty - so he's not your average 27 year old.

Having had the pick of the totty he manages to select one who is underage. And he's married with a kid? Doubly smart.

Unless its all a big misunderstanding.

This is why it looks so bad for him. He'll have had all sorts of media training and would have been warned about the stuff that happens on nights out for footballers. He is either a total moron or a dirty pervert. Either way he's in a lot of trouble, assuming he did sleep with the girl.

I completely understand why the female isn't named and agree with that as it would prevent a lot of females coming forward for rape and other sexually motivated attacks, however, I've always had an issue as to why the guy in this type of scenario is allowed to be named and plastered all over the news when at this stage he's not been charged and only "arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with a girl under 16".

I completely understand why the female isn't named and agree with that as it would prevent a lot of females coming forward for rape and other sexually motivated attacks, however, I've always had an issue as to why the guy in this type of scenario is allowed to be named and plastered all over the news when at this stage he's not been charged and only "arrested on suspicion of sexual activity with a girl under 16".

Initially the police did just say "a 27 year old male", however with Twitter, press etc a celeb will always end up being named.

Initially the police did just say "a 27 year old male", however with Twitter, press etc a celeb will always end up being named.

Yeah but they are legally not allowed to name the girl - I'm sure they know her name. I think it should be the same for the guy, at least until he has been charged.

I think I'm right in saying that if a girl called rape and then later admits that it wasn't, she still can't legally be named yet the guy can, gets his name dragged through the mud with the stigma now attached.

That is his girlfriend. It is only 5 weeks since she gave birth to their baby.

Which must make her feel fantastic right now.

Unless this story is complete fantasy (which seems unlikely) he really is a dirty wee scrote.

Yeah but they are legally not allowed to name the girl - I'm sure they know her name. I think it should be the same for the guy, at least until he has been charged.

I think I'm right in saying that if a girl called rape and then later admits that it wasn't, she still can't legally be named yet the guy can, gets his name dragged through the mud with the stigma now attached.

There was a case recently where a woman cried rape and it turned out she made it up. The guy was named and attacked by a gang while with his pregnant wife and she lost the baby as a result. The woman later recanted her story and faced no jail time.

• 1 month later...

Going by the Sky News report I've just read it's 3 charges of sex with an under-16 and one of grooming, and it seems they're all related to the same girl and took place during a narrow period - December to February.

So he's met a girl, online or otherwise (grooming) and slept with her 3 times (underage sex). He may be a guilty , in which case he should rot in jail. Or he may have met a girl who confessed her real age after the third time they slept together, he's dumped her and she's decided he's going to suffer.

Think I'll reserve judgement on this one until more facts emerge.

Going by the Sky News report I've just read it's 3 charges of sex with an under-16 and one of grooming, and it seems they're all related to the same girl and took place during a narrow period - December to February.

So he's met a girl, online or otherwise (grooming) and slept with her 3 times (underage sex). He may be a guilty , in which case he should rot in jail. Or he may have met a girl who confessed her real age after the third time they slept together, he's dumped her and she's decided he's going to suffer.

Think I'll reserve judgement on this one until more facts emerge.

Or he may be not guilty of anything

Or he may be not guilty of anything

Indeed. Like I say, judgement reserved for the time being. The guy shouldn't even have been named. The complainant is entitled to life-long anonymity according to the Sky report. The accused should also be entitled to anonymity unless proven guilty.

Indeed. Like I say, judgement reserved for the time being. The guy shouldn't even have been named. The complainant is entitled to life-long anonymity according to the Sky report. The accused should also be entitled to anonymity unless proven guilty.

But hard when he works for a family club in the public eye.