Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 86 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

"Financially, however, the club is now running on fumes and the process by which shareholders’ meetings can be requisitioned – up to seven weeks – is out of the question. Ashley is the only possible alternative for a board which has been deserted and vilified by fans."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11324834/Rangers-board-to-lose-power-unless-Mike-Ashley-steps-in-to-save-directors.html

Stock Exchange announcement is that Sandy Easdale has made available a credit facility of £500k so no doubt we are out of cash. Also Rangers have confirmed Sarver's offer is on the table and genuine. It could go anyway this week with so many players in the market. Rumours are trading of shares have been suspended.

Edited by EddardStark

The important thing in all this is that Phil Macgoillobhain was wrong about the security over Lewis MacLeod, right bears?

While Rome burns and all that.

Aye, that's what we've been saying. We're all completely oblivious to the problems we currently have but we can slag a tim so all good.

so Rangers are currently broke

there are now people wanting to buy shares and put money in but that process if successful (egm, votes, share issues) would take several weeks, is that correct?

So they'll still need another crisis loan from MASH to get through the January wage bill.

does that about sum it up?

so Rangers are currently broke

there are now people wanting to buy shares and put money in but that process if successful (egm, votes, share issues) would take several weeks, is that correct?

So they'll still need another crisis loan from MASH to get through the January wage bill.

does that about sum it up?

If you swap the word currently for perpetually then you're more or less on the money. I think they needed the money from Easdale as the SFA have held back money from the McLeod sale for something although I'm not sure what.

If you swap the word currently for perpetually then you're more or less on the money. I think they needed the money from Easdale as the SFA have held back money from the McLeod sale for something although I'm not sure what.

Didn't the BBC say it was needed because HMRC were going to wind the club up over non-payment of NI?

Didn't the BBC say it was needed because HMRC were going to wind the club up over non-payment of NI?

I think so yes but assume the McLeod money was earmarked to pay for it. It doesn't really make much difference what it was for, it's clear that cash flow levels are critical yet again.

so anyone who buys the club will inherit cash debts amounting to £5-10Million (or more by the time a sale happens?). Also people like Ashley will have the rights to much of the profitable cash flow ? This would mean shelling out £20M or so to buy the club and then another £10-£15M to pay off the creditors, buy back the rights and then a million a month on operating costs ?

thats feckn bonkers, is anyone going to do that when it will be available in a few months for practically nothing ?

so anyone who buys the club will inherit cash debts amounting to £5-10Million (or more by the time a sale happens?). Also people like Ashley will have the rights to much of the profitable cash flow ? This would mean shelling out £20M or so to buy the club and then another £10-£15M to pay off the creditors, buy back the rights and then a million a month on operating costs ?

thats feckn bonkers, is anyone going to do that when it will be available in a few months for practically nothing ?

Not sure where you get your figures from! It seems to me that if king and the three bears get support from the fans, they will have control of the club, so they don't need to spend much more money in this regard. In terms of debts, we owe Ashley £3m and Easedale £500k plus other working capital debts.

Hopefully, king and three bears can get board room control by an egm, pay off the loans and install themselves as replacement creditors with a further facility until the end of the season at which time a complete overhaul of the playing squad and club generally can occur to control costs and repay the loans. That is the ideal scenario in my view.