Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 328 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Being in the Premiership next year will only help that.  We're a long way away from being fully self sufficient, and won't be till we can get out of these crippling retail contracts, but anyone can see that we're undoubtedly headed in the right direction.  Assuming they want to see it of course.

Deffo heading in right direction... but i think a wee bit to go yet..

I was wondering where all the extra cash will come from in order for Rangers to sustain a league challenge, or will this be a few years coming yet?

At the moment, the crowds are magnificent but wont grow by much next year, i am sure a wee bit more TV money will be available .Also some glamorous friendlies, perhaps a wee European run ( Cup winners?) ( although could be costly as prelim rounds against far away teams?) 

I am sure they wont go into debt to get players.

The retail side is pretty phukked at the mo.

Will the players want more cash as they are playing in a higher League.

Do you think a few ex Rangers guys will come back and play for a guid wage I can see Hutton, coming back up the road...  

These are genuine questions, 

was wondering what you think..

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Deffo heading in right direction... but i think a wee bit to go yet..

I was wondering where all the extra cash will come from in order for Rangers to sustain a league challenge, or will this be a few years coming yet?

At the moment, the crowds are magnificent but wont grow by much next year, i am sure a wee bit more TV money will be available .Also some glamorous friendlies, perhaps a wee European run ( Cup winners?) ( although could be costly as prelim rounds against far away teams?) 

I am sure they wont go into debt to get players.

The retail side is pretty phukked at the mo.

Will the players want more cash as they are playing in a higher League.

Do you think a few ex Rangers guys will come back and play for a guid wage I can see Hutton, coming back up the road...  

These are genuine questions, 

was wondering what you think..

I'd be amazed if Warburton went down the route of signing older players on high wages.  Windass and crooks? have signed for next season and I'd like to see Dominic Ball and Zelalem signed again for another year.  I'd also like to see a little bit more experience in the middle of the park and although it's the way Warburton likes to play I think we are a lot more open even for his style of football.  The likes of templeton, Shiels, law, Clarke, bell and a few other will probably go freeing up a good deal in wages and be replaced by younger players sitting in English PL reserve sides.  Another couple of strikers will probably come in but really can't see much being spent on transfer fees.

the semi final against Celtic will give Warburton a clearer picture of what he needs.

A TRIO of lawlords have ordered Rangers to fork out £250,000 after they lost their long running legal dispute with the SPFL

A senior SPFL source has revealed the Ibrox club have been told to pay the penalty originally handed down to oldco Rangers after an inquiry by Lord Nimmo Smith in February 2013

Nimmo Smith’s commission, established by the SPL after the financial collapse of Rangers four years ago, found them guilty of a failure to declare EBT side letters during the reign of Sir David Murray.

However, Nimmo Smith also ruled Rangers gained no sporting advantage from the contentious tax avoidance scheme and he did not strip any titles won during the decade in question from 2000.

Lord Nimmo Smith will head the SPL panel Lord Nimmo Smith

Rangers appealed the fine last year but an independent SFA tribunal, made up of three High Court judges, have now found in favour of Scottish league bosses. 

Rangers newco, under Charles Green, were asked to accept liability for the £250,000 fine as part of the controversial five way agreement that led to the award of a licence to play in the Third Division in the summer of 2012.

Rangers fans will be angered at being landed with another legacy bill and, in particular, the doggedness of the SPFL in demanding it be paid, even though it was originally handed to oldco.

However, the SPFL insist newco Rangers gave the undertaking they would cover oldco’s costs and former chairman David Somers and chief executive Graham Wallace even engaged in talks to suggest ways of paying it.

JS81494542.jpg SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster

All bets were off, however, when the disgraced former board were replaced by the new regime last year, led by Dave King, and he carried out a thorough review of all the club’s outstanding legal cases.

The SPFL insider revealed there is still an appeal route open to Rangers via the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but it would be a lengthy and expensive process and Hampden bosses are confident a line will be drawn under the matter.

Gers chairman King could now sanction a cheque for the payment or, more likely, the SPFL will take the £250,000 from the £474,750 prize money Rangers are due to receive if, as expected, they win the Championship in the coming weeks.

Rangers last night declined to comment, but it’s understood they are furious over alleged breaches of confidentiality on the news they have lost.

Presumably those wags who love to perpetuate the old/new club myth will be furious by this tacit admission by the courts and SFA that we are one and the same. Presumably that will be the end of it as far as that is concerned...

I don't know about Rangers being in crisis (or mild peril) but our defence is certainly threatening to give me heart attacks. Thanks to Livi, we can win the league next week at Starks Park, if we win and Hibs lose (again) at St Mirren. If not, we may need to wait till the next game at home v Dumbarton, which would be better.

Edited by thewolf_1980

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 1:42 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

was You know it's been strangely quiet on here from the usual doom merchants. 

Anyone would think that the constant defeats for the folk trying to fleece the club don't fit with their preferred narrative. 

Hopefully this is the start of an expensive period for Green. 

Edited by EddardStark

3 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Presumably those wags who love to perpetuate the old/new club myth will be furious by this tacit admission by the courts and SFA that we are one and the same. Presumably that will be the end of it as far as that is concerned...

If Rangers appeal, or even the fact they disputed it at all, is that an admission on their part that the fine was for a different club?

:P

I'm not convinced on the merits of this fine mind you, looks a bit like the SPFL looking for their pound of flesh....

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

If Rangers appeal, or even the fact they disputed it at all, is that an admission on their part that the fine was for a different club?

:P

I'm not convinced on the merits of this fine mind you, looks a bit like the SPFL looking for their pound of flesh....

No it's an appeal on the unjust fine that should not be applied. This is actually though a NEW fine. 

11 hours ago, Debian said:

No it's an appeal on the unjust fine that should not be applied. This is actually though a NEW fine. 

No it's not. This is the money your new club agreed to pay 2 years ago to allow them to take the place of the old club 

36 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

No it's not. This is the money your new club agreed to pay 2 years ago to allow them to take the place of the old club 

That money was withheld previously. 

Anyway, you missed out Sevco. It would have validated your point mire ?

Loathe as I am to continue to reintroduce the 'new club/old club' debate, isn't it the case that by insisting RFC pay this oldco debt, it reaffirms the footballing and legal authorities' stance on the subject? At the same time, our board played a dangerous game disputing it because had we been successful with our case, it would have provided more ammunition for those who consider us to be 'new', albeit they only disputed it to try and get out of paying £250k; a sum which we should now quietly settle.

On a genuinely serious point, what is the rationale for some continuing to insist that we are a 'new club' when considerable evidence is presented to the contrary? Is it solely as a wind up in the knowledge that it's a sensitive subject which irks a lot of our support and they enjoy chucking that particular grenade in, or do they simply blindly refuse to believe the evidence presented to them, which therefore could make them appear foolish?

Edited by thewolf_1980

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

On a genuinely serious point, what is the rationale for some continuing to insist that we are a 'new club' when considerable evidence is presented to the contrary? Is it solely as a wind up in the knowledge that it's a sensitive subject which irks a lot of our support and they enjoy chucking that particular grenade in, or do they simply blindly refuse to believe the evidence presented to them, which therefore could make them appear foolish?

I presume it's a wind up for most folk. I doubt other than your hardline on either side who are so entrenched in their view that no alternative argument is considered.

To be fair, both sides choose to focus on whatever suits their agenda. Rangers and their fans have poo-pooed every ruling, decision, legal case, but are happy to accept opinions from the same folk if they say it's the same club.

I'd console yourself with the thought, that if it wasn't the same club, why do "they" care?

13 hours ago, Debian said:

That money was withheld previously. 

Anyway, you missed out Sevco. It would have validated your point mire ?

This is the same fine your club has failed to pay for years, it was not withheld as your club took the sfa to court. Your mega millionaire owner can surely pay it from his loose change and so pay off the debts of the old club, like you agreed all these years ago

21 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

8 hours ago, dipped flake said:

This is the same fine your club has failed to pay for years, it was not withheld as your club took the sfa to court. Your mega millionaire owner can surely pay it from his loose change and so pay off the debts of the old club, like you agreed all these years ago

I refer to my earlier point...

It's not the case that we can't pay, it's that we would rather not pay because we felt we had a case not to. If someone claims I owe them a tenner and I dispute it, I'm not going to hand it over simply because I can afford it, am I?

9 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I refer to my earlier point...

It's not the case that we can't pay, it's that we would rather not pay because we felt we had a case not to. If someone claims I owe them a tenner and I dispute it, I'm not going to hand it over simply because I can afford it, am I?

Would rather not pay seems to be the norm for your club

Three law lords said you had case to answer and owe the money.We all know that paying what your are owed is not in Rangers DNA but don't think you can squirm your way out of this and are goosed on this one

9 minutes ago, Langtonian said:

Would rather not pay seems to be the norm for your club

Three law lords said you had case to answer and owe the money.We all know that paying what your are owed is not in Rangers DNA but don't think you can squirm your way out of this and are goosed on this one

Aye, because Craig Whyte represents over 140 years of Rangers history? 

What utter shite you talk.