Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 279 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

That kid Barry Robson was playing. Certainly looks like one for the future.

No. No he doesn't! :lol:

It still annoys me that overage players play in these games. I'd prefer them all to be U20s and then we'd really see how good they are.

The average of the team that beat Aberdeen yesterday was 17yrs 8months according to match commentator on Rangers TV.

The under 20s have had some shocking results in recent weeks as well so wouldn't get too carried away!

I don't know how genuine that EBT document is but if it is then players and ex-managers were still getting "loans" after leaving Rangers.

If it's bullshit then blame a Timmy conspiracy not me.

Well Souness was given one and he definitely wasn't on the payroll at the time.

Well Souness was given one and he definitely wasn't on the payroll at the time.

http://trichotomoustriptychities.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/take-ebt-money-and-run.html?_sm_au_=iVVnqv075r7WHfrQ

Getting away from the Timmy shite if this is true then it shows how badly Murray was running Rangers by still paying staff after they had left for new jobs.Is this normal practice in the football world ?

That document shows four years of payments to Kevin Muscat who played 22 times and left after a year (unless I'm reading it wrong)

Edited by TartanJon

http://trichotomoustriptychities.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/take-ebt-money-and-run.html?_sm_au_=iVVnqv075r7WHfrQ

Getting away from the Timmy shite if this is true then it shows how badly Murray was running Rangers by still paying staff after they had left for new jobs.Is this normal practice in the football world ?

That document shows four years of payments to Kevin Muscat who played 22 times and left after a year (unless I'm reading it wrong)

For some reason it is, as I remember Leeds were still paying Robbie Fowler £10,000 a week after they'd sold him to Man. City

For some reason it is, as I remember Leeds were still paying Robbie Fowler £10,000 a week after they'd sold him to Man. City

It's a common thing in Football. Adebayor was being paid by City while at Spurs... Apparently he's still being paid until June 2016 by City, even though Spurs have released him.

Must be part of incentives to make transfers happen perhaps?

Edit to say not sure how that would apply to ex managers though.

Edited by ShedTA

I can understand it happening in loan deals but ffs surely that can't be true

It is true but it's about the lesser of two evils, if you aren't going to play a player then it's better to to let him leave and pay them a part of their wages than having sitting about doing f*ck all and paying them all their wages.