Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 111 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Sons of Struth take on developments

Many mocked our attempts during the summer when we tried to secure Ibrox for the fans with season tickets schemes, marches along PRW and epetitions. they claimed it was pointless as the board had declared they wouldn't secure loans against it. They maybe view things differently in light of todays announcement that the board seem to be softening thier opinion and may secure a loan against Ibrox.

What can be done and what are the probable outcomes?

They could take an offer from the 3 bears and accept their offer to help. The board previously declared they needed £5-6m to see the season out and the 3 bears made an offer based on this only to be told we indeed needed more than this. The reasons or excuse for this wasnt visible until today when the board stated in the statement that they wanted to buy players in the January window. Ashley surprisingly came up with a £10m offer with would require security of Ibrox and Murray Park.

Papers submitted to the land registry prevent the stadium or training center from being used as security for anyone else other than Ashley for a period of 35 days. With this in mind, would anyone expect others to lend £10m to counter Ashleys bid without any sort of security?

It would then remain that the only type of offer would be to lend £10m but release the money over a period of time for example £500k to allow immediate bills to be paid on a non securitised manner and further monies against Murray Park when it became available and the remainder due once a share issue was announced and the remaining money repaid in shares with the outstanding money against Murray Park repaid or again repaid in shares.

This type of offer may make sense but if this is the set up or similar to the 3 bears offer i would still expect it to be refused due to the insertion in the announcement that the board wish to invest in new players this month. They could argue that they require £3m for squad improvements and this would probably exclude any others from providing a multi million pound loan unsecured and leave the door open to Ashley as he is the only one able to take security due to the land registry papers lodged last week. Would you expect anyone to provide an unsecured loan of approx £3-3.5m with the clubs current financial position? Me neither.

I would therefore think the more likely outcome would be for the board to accept Ashleys £10m offer and give him the securities that he so eagerly requires.

This would leave him with security on Ibrox, Murray Park, the Albion car park and Edmiston House. He would also have all the onerous contracts that he has obtained via the retail partnership with sports direct. Its worth pointing out that he has been trying to obtain 75% of Rangers Retail which is currently in a 49/51% tie in to control merchandise and is separate from RIFC. If RIFC should enter admin then these contracts need not be ripped up.

The only possible spanner in the works for the overall control of our club could be a EGM which could remove all those who he controls in the boardroom or the SFA hearing due on the 27th of this month.

If either of these look likely to scupper his plans then I wouldnt rule out Administration. This is only now a possibility due to him preventing any outside loans due to the land registry debacle. I wouldnt have seen any judge in the land allow admin before when offers of investment were on the table but his moves could make any offers redundant. This situation has given me sleepless nights since last week.

Some dont see how Ashley could benefit from admin, owning all our assets and merchandise deals would make him a tidy penny for a considerable time. How much would Rangers pay to rent the stadium and car park? These would need to be rented as you cant open the first without operating the second and although Edmiston House and Murray Park need not be rented, they would make a tidy coin from selling and please don't use the excuse that Murray Park would be no use to anyone other than Rangers.

Ashley will make a tidy profit if he continues to rule our boardroom but even if he feels this is under threat, he can do the unthinkable and still make a coin.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Edited by EddardStark

'they want to buy players in the transfer window'

'£3 million for new players'

Fuxsake. This is a club that's hanging onto its very existence by its fingernails, and they're still pretending that they can run with the big boys in the transfer market.

Sandy Easedale bought 1 million more shares but the amount over which he has proxy is slightly reduced apparently.

Does that mean other shareholders have withdrawn support from him?

Does that mean other shareholders have withdrawn support from him?

It looks like he's maybe bought shares that he had proxy over and then lost a further small amount of proxy. The overall amount he has voting rights over hasn't changed significantly (probably less than 0.2%), although every little helps.

20 January 2015

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Holdings in Company

The Company announces that it was notified on 19th January 2015 that Alexander Easdale purchased 1,014,000 ordinary shares of 1 penny each in the Company ("Ordinary Shares") on 16 January 2015. As a result, Mr Easdale now holds 5, 256,110 Ordinary Shares in the Company, equal to 6.451% of the issued share capital of the Company. Mr Easdale also holds voting rights over, but does not own, a further 16,028,084 Ordinary Shares, representing 19.672% of the Company, meaning that in total he holds voting rights over 21,284,194 Ordinary Shares, representing 26.123% of the issued share capital of the Company.

For further information please contact:

Rangers International Football Club plc

Tel: 0141 580 8647

David Somers

WH Ireland Limited

Tel: 020 7220 1666

Adrian Hadden / Paul Shackleton

If rangers go into admin, do they get a fifteen point deduction for a first time event because they're a new club or a twenty five point deduction for a second event because they're the same club? 25 would put them quite close to the play off zone for relegation.

If rangers go into admin, do they get a fifteen point deduction for a first time event because they're a new club or a twenty five point deduction for a second event because they're the same club? 25 would put them quite close to the play off zone for relegation.

Given there are 3 different finance options on the table I don't think it's likely to happen.

Why should rangers the football club be punished for rangers the company going into administration??

'they want to buy players in the transfer window'

'£3 million for new players'

Fuxsake. This is a club that's hanging onto its very existence by its fingernails, and they're still pretending that they can run with the big boys in the transfer market.

Unbelievable!!!

Regardless of your attempt at 'humour' - this statue symbolises the loss of 66 lives.

You're a scumbag ?

I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt that any disrespect was unintentional.

I thought it was funny, but I hadn't realised it was a memorial, I thought it was a statue of John Greig

I'd be willing to give the benefit of the doubt that any disrespect was unintentional.

I thought it was funny, but I hadn't realised it was a memorial, I thought it was a statue of John Greig

Me too.

I had no idea what it was.

I can see why someone in the know would get upset,but scumbag is a bit ott.