Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 89 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

If ROBERT Sarver had rolled into town a couple of years ago, he could well have been greeted as the saviour of their club by the majority of Rangers fans....

Ra' Bears attacked the last American to show interest in their company, this one would have been the same.

As I recall, the club wasn't relegated. It had to apply to join the League and was voted in by the member clubs and was allowed to join at League 2 level. Wasn't Rangers just an "associate" member when they were allowed to join or something?

This is 100% correct and cannot be disputed so I'm not sure what it is that the likes of eddard don't get it. They would have been much better off starting fresh instead of believing they are the same mighty Rangers.

This is 100% correct and cannot be disputed so I'm not sure what it is that the likes of eddard don't get it. They would have been much better off starting fresh instead of believing they are the same mighty Rangers.

If they had started off afresh and learned their lessons, this boys offer probably would undervalue them.

we're fine mate. Different rules for different leagues and all that. In hindsight we probably should not have been relegated to league three but the member clubs demanded punitive action and rightly so. They could have just as easily placed us in the next but one tier.

To be fair Eddard, I don't think that was an option - there was a clear precedent with Gretna for instance.

As a United fan my view was not that the new Rangers had to be 'punished' just that as a new entity the logical place for them to start was the bottom tier. After all if the previous entity or indeed their ugly sister had wanted to join the leagues in England, they'd have to probably do the same (start at the bottom).

As for the old club/new club thing, I think it's quite clear & I'll illustrate that with an analogy - if you had a dog, lets call it Flossy & Flossy got run over & died because he was a bit reckless off his lead, you get a new dog, you call it The Flossy (or whatever) it might sleep in the same basket, drink from the same bowl, wear the same (orange? ;-) ) collar & answer to the same name, but it'll never be Flossy - still in one way they're the same because The Flossy seems to show the same flagrant disregard for traffic & odds are that he'll get run over soon as well!

As I recall, the club wasn't relegated. It had to apply to join the League and was voted in by the member clubs and was allowed to join at League 2 level. Wasn't Rangers just an "associate" member when they were allowed to join or something?

Correct. Another piece of history that has been rewritten and is now accepted as fact by some. Aided by a very poor media.

Correct. Another piece of history that has been rewritten and is now accepted as fact by some. Aided by a very poor media.

and aided by that fool Doncaster............

It really annoys me that he is still in a job, he never mentions the league in a positive light.

It really makes me laugh when people say we're the ones obsessed with all the new club bollocks.

What's even funnier is when people like you think a couple of posts on a thread constitutes obsession.

It really makes me laugh when people say we're the ones obsessed with all the new club bollocks.

Fairbairn why do rangers fans continually state that the club was relegated, when it clearly wasn't? I mean it doesn't take a lot of mental astuteness to know the truth in this one.

What's even funnier is when people like you think a couple of posts on a thread constitutes obsession.

It's a loooooot more than a couple of posts. But I'm sure you know that.

Fairbairn why do rangers fans continually state that the club was relegated, when it clearly wasn't? I mean it doesn't take a lot of mental astuteness to know the truth in this one.

"Some" Rangers fans continually state that. And they're wrong. To be fair a lot of non Rangers fans use the term as well.

And, the Old Rangers had a vote on whether the New Rangers was admitted, proof positive that they are different clubs.

What even funnier is when people like you think there's only been a couple of posts on this subject.

Does a collective amount of people posting a few times each in the thread constitute obsession? There may the odd few who post more than others but even then I wouldn't say it's an obsession. I say the same to the Rangers fans that constantly rewrite history, I wouldn't say they are obsesses did, not on this forum anyway.

If it's obsession you want, try FF or the Tim equivalent

Does a collective amount of people posting a few times each in the thread constitute obsession? There may the odd few who post more than others but even then I wouldn't say it's an obsession. I say the same to the Rangers fans that constantly rewrite history, I wouldn't say they are obsesses did, not on this forum anyway.

If it's obsession you want, try FF or the Tim equivalent

A few times :-)):-)):-)) , you're on fire today.

I'm intrigued, not obsessed!

:)

The whole new club v old club argument is a bit pointless, on the one hand you have Celtic fans writing letters to Neil Doncaster and the ASA, now that is obsession, on the other you have Rangers fans who will only listen to people who support their opinion, even if it's Neil Doncaster!

:lol:

Both sides in this argument will never back down, and it's just the same boring cycle.

I'm all for slagging Rangers, but it has to be witty, original or funny, putting "the" in front or calling them sevco is a bit old hat.

Rangers got liquidated and starting up in the bottom League actually happened but I canny be going all this The,Sevco,Zombie,died or no died shite.

Yesterday on Twitter a Tim corrected me that there was no Old Firm as Rangers had died so I just thought shut up ya mental ####in kent and stopped following the .The kents name is Bobcase something if you come across him.

Rangers got liquidated and starting up in the bottom League actually happened but I canny be going all this The,Sevco,Zombie,died or no died shite.

Yesterday on Twitter a Tim corrected me that there was no Old Firm as Rangers had died so I just thought shut up ya mental ####in kent and stopped following the .The kents name is Bobcase something if you come across him.

Does he like taking photos?