Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 386 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Regan lying or was he duped?

Regan: we issued the euro licence to oldco Huns correctly as the small tax debt hadn't crystallised at that point (31st March 2011). 

McGill, in an email to Murray Group 17th March 2011 referring to Whyte's proposed bid (the background being that it has been established that if Whyte's bid wasn't accepted Lloyds were about to pull the plug a la Celtic 94). Quote may not be exact but near enough. 

"...We don't want the purchaser (Whyte) getting any last minute surprises and withdrawing. I think we should come clean on the small tax bill given that it crystallised some time ago..." 

On 2017-5-8 at 2:29 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

I can confirm he is still on the park and named on the teamsheet but he stopped being a footballer a long time ago. He's a waste of a XXL shirt.

He's a prat too. very reminiscent of the stereotypical Ayrshire Hun fan.

XXL? Think you're being nice to old Boydy there. He hasn't been an XXL since 2010!?

On 2017-4-29 at 6:14 PM, thplinth said:

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Regan lying or was he duped?

Regan: we issued the euro licence to oldco Huns correctly as the small tax debt hadn't crystallised at that point (31st March 2011). 

McGill, in an email to Murray Group 17th March 2011 referring to Whyte's proposed bid (the background being that it has been established that if Whyte's bid wasn't accepted Lloyds were about to pull the plug a la Celtic 94). Quote may not be exact but near enough. 

"...We don't want the purchaser (Whyte) getting any last minute surprises and withdrawing. I think we should come clean on the small tax bill given that it crystallised some time ago..." 

do you have the exact quote? Thats pretty important- considering that certain blogs have been 'misreporting' stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Justice done.....I wonder if they will go after the man behind it all step forward Mr David Murray 

I just said more or less the same thing.  I do believe that Whyte used fraudulent methods to buy the club but I also believe that Murray was fully aware.

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I just said more or less the same thing.  I do believe that Whyte used fraudulent methods to buy the club but I also believe that Murray was fully aware.

I agree they were both as bad as the other but not convinced that Whyte is innocnent, he used money that wasn't his to buy the club and instructed his lawyers to hide this fact.

On Murray's side surely you see the money is available before you sell.

1 minute ago, theweestevie said:

I agree they were both as bad as the other but not convinced that Whyte is innocnent, he used money that wasn't his to buy the club and instructed his lawyers to hide this fact.

On Murray's side surely you see the money is available before you sell.

To buy the club? Did it not cost him £1

4 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

To buy the club? Did it not cost him £1

True, but there were strings attached to that in that he had to pay upwards of 22m to various things as part of the deal. I guess how binding those conditons were is a different matter.

Edited by theweestevie

8 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

True, but there were strings attached to that in that he had to pay upwards of 22m to various things as part of the deal. I guess how binding those conditons were is a different matter.

It was all there for people to see if they wanted that Whyte was a chancer but nope the fans lapped up the media and the billionaire 

13 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Things Murray put in to try and make himself look good with the fans. £5 million to be spent on players, for example. WTF does that even mean? Absolute nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Things Murray put in to try and make himself look good with the fans. £5 million to be spent on players, for example. WTF does that even mean? Absolute nonsense. 

Yeah the key thing was the outsanding bank debt at that point. Part of the deal was Whyte had to pay that back, which he did but using money borrowed against 3 seasons worth of ticket sales (always found it strange that ticketus would lend the money when the the borrower didn't have control of items the loan was secured against, but hey they got their money back from Whyte's lawyers so I guess they really aren't too bothered). Really there was nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

The ultimate fault here lies with Murray, he sold to the first person that came along with a *credible looking* bid and was in too much of a hurry to get out the door to really care what happened in the end.

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's going to be interesting what happens next. 

Does the CPS have enough to charge anyone else? 

Dont think anything will happen now in terms of Whyte- unless the crown choose to appeal, for procedural reasons (the only way they can I think?)

The civil cases (eg Colliers Bristo) all settled, which was where the money came for the oldco creditors pot.

29 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Dont think anything will happen now in terms of Whyte- unless the crown choose to appeal, for procedural reasons (the only way they can I think?)

The civil cases (eg Colliers Bristo) all settled, which was where the money came for the oldco creditors pot.

Whyte lost the Ticketus case and is personally liable for £18m. Doubt he's paid that somehow.

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

This whole things a complete mess. Can somebody in short tell me what happened

Without really following it, under company law you can have both civil (eg if you screw somebody over they sue you) and criminal liabilities as a director (if you screw somebody over, you go to jail). The Crown though Whyte had breached his obligations under the Companies Acts during the takeover, as a director, on two counts. The Jury though differently - in a very short space of time.  

Someone will have followed it more closely that I have. Its dry stuff.