Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 257 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

FFS I am answering a question posed to me. Who do you think you are effectively telling folk what they can and cannot post?

I routinely ignore you and still you trail around after me like a sad case. Have you ever cracked a smile your whole life? Jesus...find someone else to haunt as you bore the arse off me.

Couple of things just clear them up.

I don't follow anyone, I follow threads. You and other folk are just posters on these threads. I could say you are following me. It would make as much sense. You are not important or interesting enough to follow. :ok:

I'm not telling you what you can or cannot post. It's not my board. I'm merely pointing out that you are posting the same thing over and over with no new comment. It's boring. You'll notice I'm not really posting on this thread now as I'm only going to bore other folk if I do.:ok:

Now kindly continue ignoring me as I find you a pompous windbag with little or no sense of humour.

It is the LNS enquiry yes.

The OldCo were fined, but retrospectively after the 5 Way Agreement the SPFL attended to pass this to the NewCo.

As far I am aware, the SPFL witheld Rangers Broadcasting Money to cover this, and at present they are still holding that money from Rangers.

(Furthermore - the SPFL decided to add £150,00 on to the fine for 'Costs' relating to their OWN INVESTIGATION)

According to the daily retard an SFA tribunal heard an appeal on this over 2 days last week. Did u not see where I posted it earlier in this thread? The SFA have refused to reveal the outcome of the tribunal!!! That's right feckin refused to! The games rotten!

According to the daily retard an SFA tribunal heard an appeal on this over 2 days last week. Did u not see where I posted it earlier in this thread? The SFA have refused to reveal the outcome of the tribunal!!! That's right feckin refused to! The games rotten!

Sorry Slasher, I missed it.

On what grounds have they refused?

Wonders why there's no sympathy?

It's patently obvious why there's no sympathy and I completely understand that. I'm just wondering about the fervent blood lust being shown.

Let's face it, the people who caused this don't really care if there's club other than how it impacts their wallets. Only the fans would really suffer if the club ceased to exist.

One thing I have wondered is what would happen if Rangers do get completely wound up? For all the clubs can afford to survive without Rangers, as they've shown, how long would that keep going?

Money's tight all over the world and Scottish football is not value for money right now. Rangers fans wouldn't find a different club to support other than in very small numbers.

I don't know what the effect would be but I'm guessing it wouldn't be good in the long run.

RB thats all probably fair enough - the game in scotland probably needs an end to all this sh*te sooner rather than later. whether that will happen is unlikley.

I am not sure about blood lust but i think a lot of us pretty bemused and fascinated by the whole sordid affair.

The point I was making is that your clubs plight is not really helped by elements of your support who refuse to show any contrition at all and in fact continue to gloat at the proceeds of the years of bad management and as currently stands cheating, at rangers.

I know it brings us full circle to the every club has a bad element argument and that doesnt apply to you all, but really at this time it is very unhelpful to the clubs plight.

One thing I have wondered is what would happen if Rangers do get completely wound up? For all the clubs can afford to survive without Rangers, as they've shown, how long would that keep going?

Money's tight all over the world and Scottish football is not value for money right now. Rangers fans wouldn't find a different club to support other than in very small numbers.

I don't know what the effect would be but I'm guessing it wouldn't be good in the long run.

I agree with a lot of that, particularly that Rangers fans would on the whole be lost to Scottish football for a generation, and I'm not going to pretend losing Rangers hasn't had a detrimental effect on Motherwells finances, it has. I'd imagine Killie are in a similar position to us in that we gave over half our stadium twice a year (5000 x £20 x 2 = £200k, a lot to most clubs).

However like most fans outside the old firm, I'm fairly happy for Motherwell to find their level, I don't see us ever competing for European trophies or in all honesty our own league. Whether our league is a one horse race, or a 2 horse race is of little importance.

What's more worrying now is that Motherwell aren't losing fans to Rangers or Celtic, Rangers and Celtic are losing fans to Manchester City, Chelsea or Barcelona. We perhaps need to look at addressing this...

Being so close to England and the mental money down their is strangling our game, premier league clubs up here are in reality similar in resources to the conference.

Not sure what can be done about it.

I think my point is that Rangers situation is a symptom of any decline in Scottish football, not the cause.

IF it is cheating, then the Titles get removed from the club.

However the Medals could stay with the players as it was not the individuals fault, it was the 'whole' that cheated not the 'part'

Rangers gained an advantage by playing players they could not afford.

But i think the individuals are blameless.

The Lance Armstrong example is the fairest way to go ahead. leave those years blank,

isnt that what the did for Juventus the years they were found to have broken the rules, and Marseillaise in the E.C.

Why does it matter so much to Rangers fans if they lose the titles, they were there when they were won, they shared the glory, u cant take that away.

The memories etc.

Is it only so they have more than celtic? if thats the case , it will only be a few years till celtic overtake them anyhow, so why have the tainted titles on your record.

Good post.

J

RB thats all probably fair enough - the game in scotland probably needs an end to all this sh*te sooner rather than later. whether that will happen is unlikley.

I am not sure about blood lust but i think a lot of us pretty bemused and fascinated by the whole sordid affair.

The point I was making is that your clubs plight is not really helped by elements of your support who refuse to show any contrition at all and in fact continue to gloat at the proceeds of the years of bad management and as currently stands cheating, at rangers.

I know it brings us full circle to the every club has a bad element argument and that doesnt apply to you all, but really at this time it is very unhelpful to the clubs plight.

Bemused and fascinated are two very good words for what I feel too looking at the farce that Rangers have become.

I'm hoping that King can sort at least some of the mess out but it will take at least another 2 or 3 seasons. Who knows if he has the appetite.

I know what you mean about the numbnuts bit what can you do? As you say, every support has their "special " members and sadly hysteresis no intelligence test before letting folk onto the Internet!

You have to remember that some of these folk also believe that someone's religion defines them as inferior. Christ knows how stupid you have to be to believe that, or even believe in a religion.

I agree with a lot of that, particularly that Rangers fans would on the whole be lost to Scottish football for a generation, and I'm not going to pretend losing Rangers hasn't had a detrimental effect on Motherwells finances, it has. I'd imagine Killie are in a similar position to us in that we gave over half our stadium twice a year (5000 x £20 x 2 = £200k, a lot to most clubs).

However like most fans outside the old firm, I'm fairly happy for Motherwell to find their level, I don't see us ever competing for European trophies or in all honesty our own league. Whether our league is a one horse race, or a 2 horse race is of little importance.

What's more worrying now is that Motherwell aren't losing fans to Rangers or Celtic, Rangers and Celtic are losing fans to Manchester City, Chelsea or Barcelona. We perhaps need to look at addressing this...

Being so close to England and the mental money down their is strangling our game, premier league clubs up here are in reality similar in resources to the conference.

Not sure what can be done about it.

I think my point is that Rangers situation is a symptom of any decline in Scottish football, not the cause.

Your last paragraph is almost exactly correct. Rangers decline is a symptom of the global economic crash and piss poor financial management. It's definitely not the cause of Scottish football decline but it is one of the causes, of which there are many.

In the year before I was born Glasgow had teams in the two biggest European finals. Now look at them. We've gone backwards whilst everyone else moves forward.

I'd be happy to have wage caps, a draft system and a more even playing field if it meant the Scotland team benefitted.

Your last paragraph is almost exactly correct. Rangers decline is a symptom of the global economic crash and piss poor financial management. It's definitely not the cause of Scottish football decline but it is one of the causes, of which there are many.

In the year before I was born Glasgow had teams in the two biggest European finals. Now look at them. We've gone backwards whilst everyone else moves forward.

I'd be happy to have wage caps, a draft system and a more even playing field if it meant the Scotland team benefitted.

You keep telling yourself that.

Quite a few ex pros that have lost leagues and cup finals to Rangers during 2001-10 are against Rangers being stripped of titles, stating they are won fair and square.

Martin, O'Neill, Sutton and a few others.

Who gives a toss about ex pros. They are usually paid handsomely by newspapers to spout this drivel which is then twisted to suit the papers agenda.

Mark Kerr is another although he single handedly awarded Rangers the cup with a back pass.

Unless the back pass has an EBT.

110% percent. The slow goalies run had an EBT as well

So the ebt thing that killed your club is just a big joke eh? Words fail me.