Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 176 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

ive seen the tweet and its absolutley disgusting.God only knows what the muslims will think of it.

'Absolutely disgusting', did you go to school in Scotland - saw worse in every bog at our place!

It was clearly an incredibly daft thing for a grown adult to do, but to consider a juvenile scrawl as 'absolutely disgusting' is surely taking it a bit far even for the usual hyperbole of the TAMB. In context, it should certainly be sufficient for him to be removed or to resign his position, but I can't for the life of me get upset by a picture of Jar Jar Binks tadger, in fact it may be the most interesting thing the character has achieved since its ill advised appearance in the second Star Wars trilogy.

TT

Just from a 'branding' perspective do you have any idea how toxic this guy now is? Do you really want to make RFC the Charlie Hebdo of Football clubs? This is already potentially out of your control. You lot may have bitten off more than can chew within seconds of the the new King's ascendency.

King should have sacked him DAYS AGO.

When you went to school TT would be the 70's? That was a time of rampant racism and non PC stuff.

This is 2015 and he is a Director of RFC 2012. Not some wee schoolkid circa 1977.

Which is why I said in context it should be sufficient to see him removed or resign.

And sadly I think I even went to school in the 1960's :yikes3:

TT

Which is why I said in context it should be sufficient to see him removed or resign.

And sadly I think I even went to school in the 1960's :yikes3:

TT

Fair play you did, but please do not draw any comparison to your school bogs. This is the digital age and right now because of this lunacy RFC is 'reaching' people who have never paid any attention to you before. This is a really stupid and dangerous thing Dave King has done by carelessly appointing this guy and it is damaging to RFC but also Scotland beyond. People outside of Scotland are not nuanced enough to know this is just hun craziness, this will reflect upon us all. Get him to . ASAP.

Just from a 'branding' perspective do you have any idea how toxic this guy now is? Do you really want to make RFC the Charlie Hebdo of Football clubs? This is already potentially out of your control. You lot may have bitten off more than can chew within seconds of the the new King's ascendency.

King should have sacked him DAYS AGO.

King shouldn't have sacked him, he should have resigned.

Let's be fair, the tweet wasn't sent when he was employed by Rangers and unless they in some way support this clown, they shouldn't be see as 'the Charlie Hebdo of Football clubs'.

I agree though, the more publicity this is given...

I don't think anybody wants that. Do they?

I'm surprised he hasn't resigned. Not sure I can blame Dave King as I have to assume this was news to him. But who knows, given his lack of action on it so far. Hopefully something will happen sooner rather than later.

As for my referencing my school days it was more to point out that while the 'cartoon' was irresponsible, ill conceived and ignorant, it is hardly 'absolutely disgusting' on any level to someone who grew up with this type of pre pubescent stuff at school.

I'm certainly not condoning it. I actually find the simple portrayal of Mohammed deeply ignorant, whether caught inflagrante with Jar Jar or otherwise. It shows a total disregard for alternative religious belief which shouldn't be tolerated at the club!

TT

I think there are 2 sides to this...

The guy probably is a bit of a roaster and should've been better vetted by the club.

BUT

Someone has trawled his internet history to dig up some dirt on him, I'm not sure how hard they had to look?

The cartoon is crude and ignorant, potentially inflammatory, but the chances of it offending the person or people that found it is slim to none. They sought it out to discredit the guy and be outraged.

That is quite sad, although by no means a defence.

I don't think it's very bright for the perceived "official club of a the British Army" to be seen as Islamaphobic.

They aren't, of course, either. But I've already seen nutjobs on twitter saying that.

He should resign, or they should dismiss him post haste

I think there are 2 sides to this...

The guy probably is a bit of a roaster and should've been better vetted by the club.

BUT

Someone has trawled his internet history to dig up some dirt on him, I'm not sure how hard they had to look?

The cartoon is crude and ignorant, potentially inflammatory, but the chances of it offending the person or people that found it is slim to none. They sought it out to discredit the guy and be outraged.

That is quite sad, although by no means a defence.

Totally agree with this. This guy is a total tw@t that should be nowhere near the club.

But if you find the picture offensive then you'd probably be better not looking down in the shower.

Totally agree with this. This guy is a total tw@t that should be nowhere near the club.

But if you find the picture offensive then you'd probably be better not looking down in the shower.

It's not 'us' finding it offensive we need to worry about.

He sent it to a terrorist supporting extremist fanatic

That Allan Woods guy that is trying to get fans to do DIY has some interesting comments from 2012 about sending Chinese, Indians etc back to their own countries.

Talk about reverting to type.

While I obviously don't condone any comments if true, it's a sad state of affairs that no one can put their head above the parapet, even for something as simple as trying to get a bunch of tradesmen together to help their football team out, without their social media postings being trawled purely with the intention of publicly destroying that person and the reputation of the football club.

This is the danger of social media. This will become more and more common in the coming years I suspect, probably must high profile in relation to politicians. I don't think it's healthy.

While I obviously don't condone any comments if true, it's a sad state of affairs that no one can put their head above the parapet, even for something as simple as trying to get a bunch of tradesmen together to help their football team out, without their social media postings being trawled purely with the intention of publicly destroying that person and the reputation of the football club.

This is the danger of social media. This will become more and more common in the coming years I suspect, probably must high profile in relation to politicians. I don't think it's healthy.

If you aren't a horrible bigot /racist then it's not an issue

Bruce, its the modern world though. Any employer will and should check your posting history and the higher profile companies cannot take the chance. Right or wrong that's the reality.

I wasn't talking about Chris graham - I agree that a director of rangers is subject to a much higher standard. I was referring to scunnered's post about a guy volunteering to do work at ibrox.

While I obviously don't condone any comments if true, it's a sad state of affairs that no one can put their head above the parapet...

I'd imagine that most folk haven't made racist postings on the internet.

...even for something as simple as trying to get a bunch of tradesmen together to help their football team out, without their social media postings being trawled purely with the intention of publicly destroying that person and the reputation of the football club.

What do folk who post racist comments on the internet hope to accomplish anyway? Nothing positive, anyway. Obviously.

Stupid folk learn the hard way. Go figure.

I wasn't talking about Chris graham - I agree that a director of rangers is subject to a much higher standard. I was referring to scunnered's post about a guy volunteering to do work at ibrox.

Sorry?

Is your friend a Muslim?

He is indeedy.