Celtic V Better Together Fc - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Better Together Fc

the title amused me no end.

Not me, I'm quite annoyed at it

I'm in no way associated with anything BT related and neither is the club, some of the players even voted yes and were public about it. Unlike a certain club that didn't like one of their players voting yes

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nervous as feck about the game on Sunday.

Hayes missing is a big blow. He's usually our most creative player.

I've every faith that the players have the temperament for the game. I think we'll see a big game from Jack. I'd also try and get Pawlett to match up against Brown as often as possible, he seems to have Brown's number.

It's the biggest league game we've had in years. If we win this, serious questions will be asked of Celtic's bottle.

Given the huge financial gap between the club and resources available, it's a game Celtic should win easily.

They also raise their game considerably against Aberdeen for several reasons...firstly, they recognise Aberdeen as their main challengers. Secondly, it's one of the few games this season where more than 25K of their own fans will attend, and thirdly, a large, noisy Aberdeen support generally encourages a few of that 25K to make a (wee) bit of noise of their own.

I'm not hopeful in the slightest, because Aberdeen generally blow these games. I reckon a lot will depend on who scores the first goal.

Aberdeen are usually quite good at defending a lead. Unless it's a semi-final.

Given the huge financial gap between the club and resources available, it's a game Celtic should win easily.

They also raise their game considerably against Aberdeen for several reasons...firstly, they recognise Aberdeen as their main challengers. Secondly, it's one of the few games this season where more than 25K of their own fans will attend, and thirdly, a large, noisy Aberdeen support generally encourages a few of that 25K to make a (wee) bit of noise of their own.

I'm not hopeful in the slightest, because Aberdeen generally blow these games. I reckon a lot will depend on who scores the first goal.

Aberdeen are usually quite good at defending a lead. Unless it's a semi-final.

Let's not be negative.

Celtic have played 60 mins with 10 men so hopefully that will work in your favour. Yes celtic should win the game at home but if Aberdeen go out and win their individual battles you will have a chance. The players have to go out and believe they can win and play the game not the occasion.

I'm not Aberdeens biggest fan but will be cheering you on, on Sunday as anyone who can break the OF deserves my support.

Is the game at Parkhead or Pittodrie? If it's at Parkhead I think Celtic will win by 2-3. If it's at Pittodrie I think it will be closer but would still fancy Celtic to come out on top and put an end to the title race more or less. Hope I'm wrong though.

Is the game at Parkhead or Pittodrie? If it's at Parkhead I think Celtic will win by 2-3. If it's at Pittodrie I think it will be closer but would still fancy Celtic to come out on top and put an end to the title race more or less. Hope I'm wrong though.

Parkhead. Celtic minus two goals on the handicap is 9/2 if you're a betting man.

Edited by At U Peter

When was the last time Celtic beat Aberdeen by 3 goals?

The 2 semis under Brown when we were down to 10?

I'll give you 10/1 Fairbairn. :ok:

A quick Google shows it was less than a year ago when they won 5-2 at Parkhead on the 3rd of May and Aberdeen kept all 11 men on the pitch (not even a yellow card). So while you're price is very tempting I still don't want to have to cheer on Celtic!

tbfh mate I wouldn't mind Aberdeen winning the SPL or Premiership whatever it's now called.

They deserve it, they have played well this season.

Bet no Aberdeen fan on this board could be as decent as that :ok:.

You need to read the Rangers in CrisisThread again (actually, it's pretty long, dinna bother). I've gone out of my way on several ocassions to highlight that I don't want Rangers to die. Football is about competitve rivalries - what's the point otherwise?

Notwithstanding the above, and at the risk of this turning ino some sort of love in, I want Rangers to survive, get sorted out (a bit) but remain utter p1sh!

A quick Google shows it was less than a year ago when they won 5-2 at Parkhead on the 3rd of May and Aberdeen kept all 11 men on the pitch (not even a yellow card). So while you're price is very tempting I still don't want to have to cheer on Celtic!

I can't even remember that game :lol: Must've blanked it out.