Celtic V Better Together Fc - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic V Better Together Fc

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that summed up actually what i posted this morning.

Aberdeen are a decent side but are missing the strength in depth that gives a succesful side that wee bit 'extra'.

As I said earlier, we lack a bit of quality in defence, and we have a poor keeper....I think we missed a real trick in not trying to snap up Craig Gordon before Celtic moved for him.

The story of our 'big' games this season is fairly consistent...play well, miss opportunities, lose the game.

Still, as pretty much every Dons fan has pointed out, 2nd place was probably our goal regardless of today's result, and with the same squad in place for next season (with hopefully a good, experienced keeper added), the future is bright.

And compliments to Celtic. Delia has done a good job in getting them to play as a team and getting the best out of them. Hopefully we'll keep on pushing you until the end of the season, but congrats. to my Celtic supporting mates on winning the league.... :ok:

That's all fair comment. :ok:

Went along to the game today as a neutral seeing as it's not a far journey.

Thought Aberdeen were the better team in the first half and created the better chances. Big turning point when their number eleven (Hayes?) came off as he was running riot against Ambrose. Celtic goal came from a bad kick out by the Aberdeen keeper which led to the corner then goal. Bit of a slow start from Celtic maybe as well which Aberdeen could have taken advantage of and they missed a good chance with a header then had a free kick well saved by Gordon.

Second half again Aberdeen started well but then gave away the penalty. After that it was one way traffic. Through Griffiths played and wasn't sure if he was offside or not when he scored but put it away nicely none the less! Celtic should have had more and were three v one, how they didn't score was incredible and as said could have had a few more than they did.

The lad who scored the first Jason Denayer looks a decent player IMO. Overall though I thought it really was a game of two halves and Celtic upped things and exploited spaces in the second half giving them the edge.

I did the same and went as a neutral. Agree with the above. Thought it looked like it might have been a pen just before Celtic scored the first looked like someone dragged (Van Dyke?) down as the corner came in. Not seen it again though.

Celtic were horrendous for the first half hour and thats not exaggerating. In the 2nd half they were the much better team although some of the chances they passed up was a disgrace, 3 on 1s without even getting a shot away!

Decent day out albeit expensive.

Thought it looked like it might have been a pen just before Celtic scored the first looked like someone dragged (Van Dyke?) down as the corner came in. Not seen it again though.

Just showed it on Sportscene. Definitely a penalty, it was a rugby tackle by Danniels!

If anyone can find the picture of Johansen before Delia got his hands on him you can see the difference he makes to a player in terms of fitness. Even Stokes and Commons look noticeably in better shape.

image.jpg

David Silva looks young anaw

Were Aberdeen any good first half?

Yeh they were certainly the better side but failed to really trouble Gordon. Think he made 2 pretty comfortable saves the entire game. The right winger looked decent but thought they lacked pace up front

Yeh they were certainly the better side but failed to really trouble Gordon. Think he made 2 pretty comfortable saves the entire game. The right winger looked decent but thought they lacked pace up front

Defo agree re the pace. There was a ball in the first half that was put through for Rooney. He looked pedestrian and it was cleared up quite easily.

Harsh in him I know as he isn't knownfor his pace.